Division III Commitments 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Call It View Post
    15 Freshman?! That's Crazy, why so many?
    Only had 24 on team last year and had 10 seniors. Couple players don't come back and you've got a 27 player roster.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Division III Commitments 2014-15

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Norwich announces 15-player recruiting class for 2014-15. Pretty diverse class from all over the country and Canada. Lots of different programs too with Okanagan, Ontario Hockey Academy, Madison Capitals, Warner Hockey School, North American Hockey Academy, Middlesex Islanders and a few prep schools to boot.

FULL STORY: http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20140916c9v1vo
      Any kid who commits to a D3 school that regularly recruits 5-10 freshmen more than they need has likely lost perspective on their opportunities. I'm sure that some of you will say that they are all attracted by the opportunity to win the D3 NCAA championship, but the reality is that most of these kids had opportunities at other schools at which they would have been regular players....and some of those would have been NCAA championship competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Only had 24 on team last year and had 10 seniors. Couple players don't come back and you've got a 27 player roster.
        I think they need 6 more. 11 on offense, 11 on defense & they only have 5 on special teams.

Comment

I know where Salem State and Endicott will be getting their players next year.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think they need 6 more. 11 on offense, 11 on defense & they only have 5 on special teams.
            I don't see the issue in a 27-player roster. That's a regular roster on the men's side and if injuries occur it's always nice to have depth. When a roster gets over 30 that's when I start to see problems.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
              Any kid who commits to a D3 school that regularly recruits 5-10 freshmen more than they need has likely lost perspective on their opportunities. I'm sure that some of you will say that they are all attracted by the opportunity to win the D3 NCAA championship, but the reality is that most of these kids had opportunities at other schools at which they would have been regular players....and some of those would have been NCAA championship competitive.
              I agree with this! The same could be said for the 4th or 5th line player that goes D1. PrezdeJohnson09 says you need depth, take Northeastern coach Flint, He will play Coyne 30 min a game this year despite having 4 lines. Would Preze say that is not the case at Norwich? Bolding rolls 4 lines and gets 27 players into the lineup?

Comment

Prez isn't dealing with 6 healthy scratch's on Monday in his office. Mark will be...

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                  Prez isn't dealing with 6 healthy scratch's on Monday in his office. Mark will be...
                  Or worse, in the dressing room after games...

Comment

If coach is indeed dealing with 6 healthy scratches in his office on Monday morning, those players better be asking him about what they need to do to get in the lineup. If they showed up to complain then the need to go back to the dorm room, look in the mirror and discover if they like who is looking back. A coach recruits kids who show potential, the kid has to show the coach that they are willing to work hard, really hard, for playing time. It's on those 27 players to make that a very difficult decision for the coaching staff, not to make it an easy one.

Comment

• Re: Division III Commitments 2014-15

Originally posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
                      If coach is indeed dealing with 6 healthy scratches in his office on Monday morning, those players better be asking him about what they need to do to get in the lineup. If they showed up to complain then the need to go back to the dorm room, look in the mirror and discover if they like who is looking back. A coach recruits kids who show potential, the kid has to show the coach that they are willing to work hard, really hard, for playing time. It's on those 27 players to make that a very difficult decision for the coaching staff, not to make it an easy one.
                      Unfortunately, I am aware of too many recruited players who asked exactly this question, only to be told to keep doing what they are doing, they are doing all the right things. Which makes you wonder, why does a coach recruit far more of the right players than they need, and promise playing time to those recruits in excess of that which they could possibly deliver on?

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                        Unfortunately, I am aware of too many recruited players who asked exactly this question, only to be told to keep doing what they are doing, they are doing all the right things. Which makes you wonder, why does a coach recruit far more of the right players than they need, and promise playing time to those recruits in excess of that which they could possibly deliver on?
                        Amen!!! Bolding has a reputation for this.

Comment

I agree with this! The same could be said for the 4th or 5th line player that goes D1. PrezdeJohnson09 says you need depth, take Northeastern coach Flint, He will play Coyne 30 min a game this year despite having 4 lines. Would Preze say that is not the case at Norwich? Bolding rolls 4 lines and gets 27 players into the lineup?
                          Is it that different for a D3 vs a D1?

Comment

It's called college hockey, your best players play more and most teams 4th line does not play as much. Bolding is a great coach and Norwich is lucky to have him. The NHl is no different, even the teams that go deep in playoffs. http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...t/avgTimeOnIce

Comment

Amen!!! Bolding has a reputation for this.
                              Well after being admitted to Norwich in the major of my daughter's choice did she receive support from Bolding. There had been communication but she wasn't offered a spot until April of her senior year after Nationals. She was told if she comes in and works hard and is willing to compete for playing time she would have a spot. She was basically the last recruit of the year and Coach Bolding made no promises about playing time. Most players that are talking to Norwich have other offers as did my daughter. There were so many factors that made waiting for Norwich worth it, like getting in the major she wanted, the alumnae, the rink and the opportunity to play for a National Championship. The decision to go to Norwich has been the single best decision of her life. If you have come to the realization that you are a Div3 player and you want a great education with connections to a phenomenal alumnae. Norwich is a place you have to check out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                                So how many of those players knowing they are doing the right things will then change school or do you stay thinking the school academically is right for you .I would believe one might not wish to go through a process of looking again .If one asks the question -how many at this moment ahead of me on the depth chart --they get a straight answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X