BouncyBall 2013/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BouncyBall 2013/2014

Somebody had a GoPro camera down there it looks like...with sound. While you can't see who said it, you can clearly hear someone yelling "you piece of crap"

http://deadspin.com/smart-suspended-...362/@bubbaprog
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Regardless this player seems to be making news for the wrong reasons.
      A more general question surrounding this incident- in the hours of coverage that was on ESPN, one little tidbit caught my ear- if there is an incident between a fan and a player that the refs have no jurisdiction over that- which is why it was correct that the player was not ejected.

I find that hard to believe. But if true, who does have jursdiction between fans and players?

Anyone know that one?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        A more general question surrounding this incident- in the hours of coverage that was on ESPN, one little tidbit caught my ear- if there is an incident between a fan and a player that the refs have no jurisdiction over that- which is why it was correct that the player was not ejected.

I find that hard to believe. But if true, who does have jursdiction between fans and players?

Anyone know that one?
        That would rest on the Arena Staff... It falls on them for keeping the fans/players separated...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          That would rest on the Arena Staff... It falls on them for keeping the fans/players separated...
          That's what I don't get- if a player walks into the crowd and punches someone, the arena staff is supposed to take care of it? Seems like there should be a rule where the ref can do something to the player. I doubt the arena staff would remove a player from a venue, and the ref can't exclude them from playing...

Comment

LOL, Syracuse.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              LOL, Syracuse.
              Boston College channeled their inner New Jersey Devils on that one.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

So apparently there was a controversial ending to the Syracuse vs. Duke game tonight, and Jim Boeheim lost his sh-t.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  So apparently there was a controversial ending to the Syracuse vs. Duke game tonight, and Jim Boeheim lost his sh-t.
                  Good call IMO, he looked set when Fair hit him, that's a charge
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Good call IMO, he looked set when Fair hit him, that's a charge
                    But it's not when contact is made that is important, it is if he was set when Fair left his feet.

So, Boeheim............

Late blooming hot head (first ejection in non-exhibition game ever)?

or

Coaching Genius: All discussion is on him and how he influenced the outcome of the game and not on his players and their influence on the outcome of the game?

or

Marketing Genius: Guarantees sellout of Duke game and increase in demand for season tickets not to mention Anti-Duke tee-shirts?
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      But it's not when contact is made that is important, it is if he was set when Fair left his feet.

So, Boeheim............

Late blooming hot head (first ejection in non-exhibition game ever)?

or

Coaching Genius: All discussion is on him and how he influenced the outcome of the game and not on his players and their influence on the outcome of the game?

or

Marketing Genius: Guarantees sellout of Duke game and increase in demand for season tickets not to mention Anti-Duke tee-shirts?
                      As a Cuse fan, Boeheim rarely blows up to this level. He gets annoyed and makes faces, but I haven't seen him go nuclear in a while. The heat's on him for now and I think Syracuse has tough games against UVA and UNC before the tournament. They do need to get back into the rhythm on offense. However, I think Baye Keita is more important than people know. He doesn't score that much, but he gives Christmas a chance for rest.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I know the story of Collins getting signed by the Nets is getting attention due to the first openly gay player signed by a team. But for me, it's more interesting in that one player of a pair of twins who played for Stanford is signed to replace an injured player of a pair of twins who played for Stanford (Brooke Lopez).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I enjoyed this article about Chris Otule. Especially the part where Buzz Williams didn't even know he only had one eye.

Later, Williams says, the school's director of sports medicine, Ernest Eugene, walked into Williams' office, shut the door and said, "Did you know he has a glass eye?"

"What the (expletive) are you talking about?" Williams answered.

Comment

A women's basketball player not named Britney Griner dunks:

http://instagram.com/p/kz5gcxBsw2/
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Some guy named LeBron scored 61 points tonight.

That will be the top story on Sportscenter for the next month.

Comment

As a reminder, the Buffett One Billion Dollar bracket challenge is now open. You have to register. I think they are limiting it to the first 15 million registrations. Then you'll have from the 16th to the 19th to fill out your brackets.

Buyer beware, however. You have to agree to give an e-mail address and cellphone #, and will certainly be spammed by Quicken Loans, Yahoo, and a host of other companies.

But, you can't win if you don't play, so I'm in.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X