No announcement yet.

Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Solid effort tonight except for the chippy 2nd period by both teams. Geneseo looked too big, too fast, and too skilled for Morrisville. The new guys contributed a lot, with Collins (I believe) getting the hat trick. We'll of course have to see what happens with a stronger opponent, but if Geneseo stays healthy, they should be tough to beat.

Twelve goals total this weekend, with six goals and four assists between the three transfers (Solomon, Stanimir and Collins).
    Last edited by geneseo; 11-03-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
      Solid effort tonight except for the chippy 2nd period by both teams. Geneseo looked too big, too fast, and too skilled for Morrisville. The new guys contributed a lot, with Collins (I believe) getting the hat trick. We'll of course have to see what happens with a stronger opponent, but if Geneseo stays healthy, they should be tough to beat.

Twelve goals total this weekend, with six goals and four assists between the three transfers (Solomon, Stanimir and Collins).
      Agreed it was a good first weekend for Geneseo. Always tough to gauge against a lower end team, but ultimately they played well on offense, defense, special teams, and got the 4 points. The main positives as you mentioned were those 3 new guys (Solomon, Stanimir, and Collins) who looked like they have jumped right into the line-up and are top contributors. Little surprised we didn't see Ceglarski as a few people on this forum had him pegged as a top contender for SUNYAC ROY, but looks to be an excellent group of forwards so it'll be tough to crack the line-up. I'm sure throughout the year some guys will get injured so even the guys in the stands need to be ready. Blue liners are young, but I was very happy with what I saw from them this weekend. A much tougher test on Friday though in Plattsburgh - we'll get a better idea of where that group stands.
      Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

I see Geneseo is in sole position of first place in the SUNYAC.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          I see Geneseo is in sole position of first place in the SUNYAC.
          Dining on Morris the cat will do that for you...Is there a Genny outdoor game? Its not listed as such on the schedule. Any details would be appreciated. Congrats on first place.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            He scored 7 shorthanded goals in 2005-2006. The next highest player in the country that year scored 4. I remember one of them, a breakaway SHG, was the first goal scored in the game against RIT the year they went D1 and played a mixed D1/D3 schedule. Totally quieted the whole arena, except for the small Geneseo contingent. If I recall RIT went on to win big anyway, but it was a fun few moments and a fun season.
            I was at that game as well; he picked off a pass at the blue line and finished with a backhand flick up high. I think Stephens is the most skilled player I've ever seen play for Geneseo, and I hope he can add some finesse to Shultz's grinding style of play. The new guys looked great this weekend, and kudos to the WGSU broadcasters for the season preview video and for hopefully making that a weekly series as they allude to.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              Dining on Morris the cat will do that for you...Is there a Genny outdoor game? Its not listed as such on the schedule. Any details would be appreciated. Congrats on first place.
              Never mind, found it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1080skier View Post
                kudos to the WGSU broadcasters for the season preview video and for hopefully making that a weekly series as they allude to.
                It does look like this will be weekly as here is this week's episode: http://wgsu.geneseo.edu/sports/2013/...episode-1.html

I just noticed Geneseo's next 5 games are as follows:

@Plattsburgh #2/#4
                @Potsdam
                @Hobart #9/#9
                vs. Adrian #6/#6
                vs. Oswego #8/#12

Fair to say this gauntlet will show were they stand relative to the SUNYAC and National elites.

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
                  It does look like this will be weekly as here is this week's episode: http://wgsu.geneseo.edu/sports/2013/...episode-1.html

I just noticed Geneseo's next 5 games are as follows:

@Plattsburgh #2/#4
                  @Potsdam
                  @Hobart #9/#9
                  vs. Adrian #6/#6
                  vs. Oswego #8/#12

Fair to say this gauntlet will show were they stand relative to the SUNYAC and National elites.
                  nice ,some hightlights added would be good as well.........as for the schedule,i mention something about that when it came out,OUCH that part will show u what the team is made up fasssst.good luck

Comment

This week's episode of Knightwatch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PNxea5uI8

Looking forward to the Adrian game on Tuesday. Geneseo has lost close games to them their last two match-ups.

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Very important game for Geneseo on Tuesday with longer term ramifications....NCAA-wise.....Great win vs. tough Hobart team on the road. Very good looking young team. Give Collins the Rookie of the Year and let's get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                        Very important game for Geneseo on Tuesday with longer term ramifications....NCAA-wise.....Great win vs. tough Hobart team on the road. Very good looking young team. Give Collins the Rookie of the Year and let's get on with it.
                        for sure.ill go with Botten OSU a runner up at this very young point...thread diverted

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          for sure.ill go with Botten OSU a runner up at this very young point...thread diverted
                          Houde deserves some kudos for his play in the 2nd stanza last night when Geneseo imploded several times on the defensive end. The momentum was with Hobart for much of the period.

Thread re-diverted.

Comment

Great win for Geneseo! And a big thank you from the rest of the SUNYAC
                            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Collins' OT winner vs. Hobart. Now I can show my PeeWee kids why we do skating drills with one knee on the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4NonofU-OY

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                                Collins' OT winner vs. Hobart. Now I can show my PeeWee kids why we do skating drills with one knee on the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4NonofU-OY
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X