No announcement yet.

Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
    Head up to Canada. Looks like the storm stops at the border.
    True, I think Canada has banned Mother Nature from crossing.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Congrats to the Ice Knights on their first ever NCAA victory!

Looking forward to our first ever match up with the Cadets on Sunday. The students will be on break so the crowd will be sparse unfortunately. Would have been cool to give Norwich the proper 2000+ fan welcome to the Ira!
      Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Just wondering how many Laker fans will be at the game to support the Knights. It would be nice to have them there to give the Knights a boost and to show support for the SUNYAC. For I will be rooting for the Knights. Just a very far away thought that I have also seen on the D-3 site was how would a all SUNY final sound.
        Oswego '88

Comment

Might even have some Cardinal fans in attendance pro-Knights....
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Might even have some Cardinal fans in attendance pro-Knights....
            Geneseo v. Oswego in the championship...who would Platty fans root for?
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              Oswego of course...it's like your brother playing for a different team. Actually, the Oswego v Plattsburgh history may be older than some of your brothers?
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                Knights win 4-3 in OT on a Collins wrist shot from the left circle....

6 months later, a member of the Geneseo student body breaks into the Geneseo Financial Aid office and copies documents that leads to a list of NCAA violations and Geneseo receives an (*) next to their name. Oswego goes on to believe they've won a National Title yet again.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                  Just wondering how many Laker fans will be at the game to support the Knights. It would be nice to have them there to give the Knights a boost and to show support for the SUNYAC. For I will be rooting for the Knights. Just a very far away thought that I have also seen on the D-3 site was how would a all SUNY final sound.
                  Oswego '88
                  Well, we would but we already have a date
                  Oswego State 1980 Grad
                  (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Geneseo can win this game for sure. The key is to keep that top line of Jahnke, Duszynski & Gorman off the score sheet. Norwich is good on defense but can lapse on occasion. Goalie is good, solid. Play your game, use your speed and passing and exploit a couple of the lower, younger lines. I can't believe Geneseo has never played Norwich.

Comment

What are the ice dimensions? Watching on-line yesterday, it seemed that it was wide like an Olympic rink, but not as long.
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        What are the ice dimensions? Watching on-line yesterday, it seemed that it was wide like an Olympic rink, but not as long.
                        Actually it is the opposite - it is Olympic length, but narrower - It is 200 x 85. I think the high camera angle basically hanging over the ice is creating that perception.
                        Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                          Geneseo can win this game for sure. The key is to keep that top line of Jahnke, Duszynski & Gorman off the score sheet. Norwich is good on defense but can lapse on occasion. Goalie is good, solid. Play your game, use your speed and passing and exploit a couple of the lower, younger lines. I can't believe Geneseo has never played Norwich.
                          I think Genny has a ton of firepower that Norwich has not seen this yr???,and that will be the thing for Norwich to watch..that said genny should win this if their netminder does his job and they stay disciplined..The Cadets big line is very good and has all the experience on the team, after that not much experience ,but hey look at Oswego so far a well.This should be a fast game with some great play...Genny takes it if their goalie shows up..

Comment

You have to dictate the play to Norwich. Their whole game is built around puck possession. Get 25 - 30 shots on goal and you stand an excellent chance of winning. If you let Norwich possess the puck, your goose is cooked.

Watch Oswego - Norwich in last year's semifinal. Perfect game plan and execution by Oswego.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              I think Genny has a ton of firepower that Norwich has not seen this yr???,and that will be the thing for Norwich to watch..that said genny should win this if their netminder does his job and they stay disciplined..The Cadets big line is very good and has all the experience on the team, after that not much experience ,but hey look at Oswego so far a well.This should be a fast game with some great play...Genny takes it if their goalie shows up..
                              Were they looking ahead in their game against Nichols? While they definitely dominated possession at times, they took a lot of low-risk shots, and didn't look as good as I expected. I think this is a coin toss at best, as all the q-final games should be. Great weekend of hockey upcoming, I'm glad that 2 of the games were moved to Sunday, allows me to watch them all. Good luck to Genny, I hope you lose by a touchdown.

r

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                                Looking forward to it
                                Steve Day(NU71)
                                Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X