No announcement yet.

Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey, 2013-2014: By George, the Lowe Haaf of the Towns are Gray

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    They bussed. On Thursday, I think. A rough guess at it puts the trip at about 440 miles.
    Has to be under 500 miles because when Adrian gets paired with a Western team in the NCAA's, it's always SNC due to mileage.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I knew it was under 500, but I had forgotten by how much.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I knew it was under 500, but I had forgotten by how much.
        The NCAA mileage calculator says it is 435 miles.

Also by "anyone having a bad day", I meant any TEAM having a bad day - not to say that SNC isn't a better team - they might very well be - but a single score like that among top caliber teams doesn't prove anything other than one of the teams was having a bad day.
        Last edited by norm1909; 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I've been told by the Guru that it is 492 miles from Adrian to Stevens Point
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I've been told by the Guru that it is 492 miles from Adrian to Stevens Point
            According to Google Maps it is 433 miles. Plattsburgh To Fredonia is about the same!! They have been making that trip for years.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              According to Google Maps it is 433 miles. Plattsburgh To Fredonia is about the same!! They have been making that trip for years.
              Yes, but for those other 60 miles you either have to swim or skate!
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

A split. A strange way to go about it, but a split nonetheless. I'll take it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Google means nothing. What matters is the NCAA mileage calculator and it's 492 miles from Adrian to Point.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                    Yes, but for those other 60 miles you either have to swim or skate!
                    Nope....the map shows the route going around the lake!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Right now the ice might be thick enough for the bus to go across the lake.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian 2
                        Lawrence 2

Adrian 5
                        Lawrence 3

This was an According-to-Hoyle, textbook case of a letdown weekend if I've ever seen one. Frankly, I'm amazed that we got out of there with three points. Lawrence had us down 2-0 with about 4 minutes left before Duston Hebebrand scored a pair to bail us out last night. Then we fall down 3-0 as Sauve takes a boarding major (correct call, IMO) that Lawrence scored two goals on, and then they add a 3rd on a turnover at the blue line. Adrian gets one early in the 2nd, cuts it to 3-2 by the 2nd intermission, and then pours it on in the 3rd.

Lawrence is a chippy team that likes to be physical. That's fine. God knows that I saw a ton of that when I was at Ferris. But at times they went a little too far this weekend, and I thought the officials let too much go this weekend. A good brawl was a real possibility this weekend. Luckily, we did not get one.

Lake Forest is our final regular season opponent, and they're coming to eat. If we play like this next weekend, we'll get swept.

On another note, Josh Hatinger should be fired by the NCHA. Awful, deliberately incompetent referee. He has no business officiating NCAA hockey at any level. The next good game I see him work will be the first. Entirely too many penalties going on right under his nose, not 10 feet from him, and he's out there looking around at who knows what. Both coaches had quite a bit to say about the quality of his performance this weekend. The linesmen did a fine job, I guess, but I'd love to know just who thought it was a good idea to put Smevoll and Hatinger together to work a game. There are three referees in the NCHA that are absolutely putrid. Two of them were sent to Arrington this weekend. You embarrassed yourselves, gentlemen.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 02-08-2014, 05:36 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian 2
                          Lawrence 2

Adrian 5
                          Lawrence 3

This was an According-to-Hoyle, textbook case of a letdown weekend if I've ever seen one. Frankly, I'm amazed that we got out of there with three points. Lawrence had us down 2-0 with about 4 minutes left before Duston Hebebrand scored a pair to bail us out last night. Then we fall down 3-0 as Sauve takes a boarding major (correct call, IMO) that Lawrence scored two goals on, and then they add a 3rd on a turnover at the blue line. Adrian gets one early in the 2nd, cuts it to 3-2 by the 2nd intermission, and then pours it on in the 3rd.

Lawrence is a chippy team that likes to be physical. That's fine. God knows that I saw a ton of that when I was at Ferris. But at times they went a little too far this weekend, and I thought the officials let too much go this weekend. A good brawl was a real possibility this weekend. Luckily, we did not get one.

Lake Forest is our final regular season opponent, and they're coming to eat. If we play like this next weekend, we'll get swept.

On another note, Josh Hatinger should be fired by the NCHA. Awful, deliberately incompetent referee. He has no business officiating NCAA hockey at any level. The next good game I see him work will be the first. Entirely too many penalties going on right under his nose, not 10 feet from him, and he's out there looking around at who knows what. Both coaches had quite a bit to say about the quality of his performance this weekend. The linesmen did a fine job, I guess, but I'd love to know just who thought it was a good idea to put Smevoll and Hatinger together to work a game. There are three referees in the NCHA that are absolutely putrid. Two of them were sent to Arrington this weekend. You embarrassed yourselves, gentlemen.
                          So who is the third one?

Comment

Olm. Not a fan of his handiwork, either.

Your thoughts?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Olm. Not a fan of his handiwork, either.

Your thoughts?
                              Olm is not good. I can't believe he works as a linesman in the WCHA. In fact I don't recall seeing him a long time at the Cornerstone until early this season and he hasn't been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                                Olm is not good. I can't believe he works as a linesman in the WCHA. In fact I don't recall seeing him a long time at the Cornerstone until early this season and he hasn't been back since.
                                Good for you guys. Once in a while I see Hatinger, and once I see any combination of Hatinger-Olm-Smevoll (usually the last two are together), I know that a gong show is imminent. Now, on the other hand, if I see one of the Olsons pop out of the dressing room, chances are that we're going to get a decently officiated game.

We had another one this year named Blasius. He butchered a couple womens' games. And then they got the bright idea to let him work a men's game. When he came out to work that one, I wasn't sure whether to go get some whiskey or just hide under my chair for a couple hours.
                                Last edited by Hammer; 02-09-2014, 12:12 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X