Norwich Cadets '13-14 - A New Look Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Cadets '13-14 - A New Look Forward

i find it alarming for any norwich fan to look past any team since scoring goals lately has been a real chore.let's hope for good results on wednesday.go cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
      +1.
      I had the thought last night, It is neat that the selection committee doesn't have us potentially meeting Babson again until the semi finals... what a way to wrap up the season and potentially the ticket sales.
      Actually the potential matchup with the Beavers would be in the finals. We are in opposite brackets.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Actually the potential matchup with the Beavers would be in the finals. We are in opposite brackets.
        The way it is it could possibly be an all East or all West final!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Given the weather forecast for Wednesday night Salem State should reserve rooms now. 12-20" according to WCAX.
          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
            Given the weather forecast for Wednesday night Salem State should reserve rooms now. 12-20" according to WCAX.
            Salem is coming up Tuesday and will be watching the weather closely on Wednesday night and make a decision on whether or not to trek back after the game.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

A long way to go before thinking about Beavers
              Steve Day(NU71)
              Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Salem is coming up Tuesday and will be watching the weather closely on Wednesday night and make a decision on whether or not to trek back after the game.
                Do they arrive early enough for a practice & warm up time? Any word on how Chris Deysinski is doing.? Is he over the flu?
                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

I can't imagine anything better!!! My fingers are crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    +1.

I had the thought last night, It is neat that the selection committee doesn't have us potentially meeting Babson again until the semi finals... what a way to wrap up the season and potentially the ticket sales.
                    Babson-Norwich would be an epic battle. As a Babson grad living in Portland, however, I'm hoping your Cadets lose in the semi's. You guys travel well, so that will mean you'll have bought plenty of tickets, thereby increasing the number of folks who might be willing to unload an unwanted ticket to the NC game on yours truly for a fair price.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                      I think there was a big snow when Salem beat Castleton in an ECAC-E QF (2008??). One of our parents sort of went off the road on Rt 7 on the way back.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                        ....Sadly Plattsburg did not make it. I saw all the NU games this year and honestly thought the Cards were the most thoroughly put together team I saw at ever level. They are disappointed no doubt—but it is clear the NCAA could not reasonable put three SUNYAC teams into the playoffs. I get it. But I am not sure the Cards do. ....
                        +1 The Cards were definitely the best team I saw on the ice this year, but that was back in January. Those two late season losses to Oswego and the fact that there were two other SUNYAC teams out of 11 sealed their fate.

I hope the Cadets take full advantage of this opportunity. To be honest, I don't see them as a NC team at this stage, but I didn't see the 2009-2010 team as a NC team at this stage 4 years ago and they surprised the heck out of me. I think if they step up their game and start scoring and shooting the puck on the power play that they could make the Frozen Four but... one game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                          but... one game at a time.
                          For sure. First comes Salem State... then hopefully somebody else...
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

[quote=nujack;5912741i hope the cadets take full advantage of this opportunity. To be honest, i don't see them as a nc team at this stage, but i didn't see the 2009-2010 team as a nc team at this stage 4 years ago and they surprised the heck out of me. I think if they step up their game and start scoring and shooting the puck on the power play that they could make the frozen four but... One game at a time.[/quote]

go nu
                            Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

The Cadets have got to stop those defense lapses in their own zone if they want to advance. I can think of at least 3 times in games that I saw that they gave up the puck on unforced errors in their own zone that led to quick scores for the opposition. That, and a higher percentage of shots in goal of the shots on goal, and they will emerge with the trophy.
                              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                                The Cadets have got to stop those defense lapses in their own zone if they want to advance. I can think of at least 3 times in games that I saw that they gave up the puck on unforced errors in their own zone that led to quick scores for the opposition. That, and a higher percentage of shots in goal of the shots on goal, and they will emerge with the trophy.
                                Just have Norwich play each opponent going forward the way they played Babson in the 1st period of Saturday night--and they will give more than a good accounting of themselves. That 1st period was maybe the best they looked all season as they owned the store.

In the meantime is there any word on whether Chris Duszynski will be healthy enough to play Wednesday night?

Meanwhile beating Salem State is the only priority
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X