Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Cadets '13-14 - A New Look Forward

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Excited to see the team come back home this weekend and see what they can do with their backs against the wall.

The playoffs practically start this weekend. Two wins and they do their part and then just have to hope for some help from St. Michael's on Saturday getting a W or a tie against Babson to keep the regular season title streak alive.

One win clinches 2nd place and two home ECAC East Tournament games assuming NU wins its quarterfinal.
    Should be an exciting weekend at "The Berg" this weekend
    Cann't wait
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

I for one certainly hope that George is bias towards Norwich, after all it is, in the case of the streaming, paid for by Norwich. As far as the Babson rink is concerned I have been there many times. Nice ice surface, but very little standing room. The program has always been a class act and plays good clean hockey. I think its great for the league that so many teams have improved their program.
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Good luck, Cadets!!!

Comment

My only observation being a loyal Cadet fan is , that it seems like the last 2 or even 3 years I am starting to feel like the Cadets are playing better in the first part of the year than the end. In the past they always seemed to get better and better. You have to wander just a bit if the Coach is not losing his touch a bit. If I am a scout on Norwich it seems quite simple just stay around the goal get ready they will hit you with shots like a machine gun, once you weather the storm , just relax they will make a mistake and then we go in and score. They may get 40 or 50 shots on goal but not to worry they are of a poor quality. That is how all teams seem to be beating Norwich. They seem very dysfunctional at best.But for my eyes they were playing much better earlier in the season. It 's not suppose to work that way. I hope they can find there way soon. And let us not forget that the last time they went all the way was with mostly Freshman, so lets not go there with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            My only observation being a loyal Cadet fan is , that it seems like the last 2 or even 3 years I am starting to feel like the Cadets are playing better in the first part of the year than the end. In the past they always seemed to get better and better. You have to wander just a bit if the Coach is not losing his touch a bit. If I am a scout on Norwich it seems quite simple just stay around the goal get ready they will hit you with shots like a machine gun, once you weather the storm , just relax they will make a mistake and then we go in and score. They may get 40 or 50 shots on goal but not to worry they are of a poor quality. That is how all teams seem to be beating Norwich. They seem very dysfunctional at best.But for my eyes they were playing much better earlier in the season. It 's not suppose to work that way. I hope they can find there way soon. And let us not forget that the last time they went all the way was with mostly Freshman, so lets not go there with this team.
            Hi Roy:

If we were discussing this Cadet team over a beer as a fellow fan I would understand your disappointments. Nor would I question your loyalty But had you made the argument above in quotes----I would have replied, "Hey, lets be fair."

First I am not so sure the team was any better earlier in the eason because the biggest complaint I heard back then was their play making and passing was beautiful but they needed to take more shots.

As for getting enough shots—but complaining that they are not quality shots...well in truth that remark really escapes me.

A week or so I said on this forum, "Actually, if you eliminate the two very weak teams that got less that ten SOG on NU--all the rest (19 teams) collectively have averaged only 19+ SOG verses 38 SOG for NU." But you now question the quality of our SOGs.

Roy, do you really sense that opposing coaches are telling their teams: "They (NU) may get 40 or 50 shots on goal but not to worry they are of a poor quality."?.

To that I would say that some how does not translate to the facts. How does any coach claim that against the statistics that NU leads the ECAC-E in scoring (3.69) and in defense (1.50). And as I also said last week, "We are certainly getting the shots but we just need some breaks." Last weekend with the same 2:1 ratio of NU SOG vs. Friday and Saturday’s opponents—we did not get a break against Castleton but did against Skidmore.

Now I do keep hearing on the broadcasts or see at games how good the goal tending has been against the Cadets and how opponents are jamming up the middle. I also see us drawing too many penalties at the wrong time. All that I get.

In conclusion Roy--- let me get this straight regarding McShane.

After 15 years and fifteen straight ECAC-E Regular Season Titles, ten ECAC-E Championship Titles, and 12 visits to the NCAA Finals that includes three national titles—McShane is now losing his touch? Really? The man has 29 players on a team where there are 15 freshmen (52% of the team are “newbees”). It is not like he can go up in the barracks and recruit some experience. And yet with a club that might be a bit better with a bit more experience—McShane has still managed to post a 15-3-5 record (ECAC-E 11-3-2). And actually within the ECAC-E, one might suggest that the only coach right now with a better record is Jamie Rice at Babson—a team we beat in Fenway.

Roy we are all fans of the same team. But lets not get caught up in that nonsense that Bill Beaney at Middlebury did a few years back where ever other remark on USCHOL was to hang Beaney in effigy--a many who won 8 NCAA titles. McShane and this team deserve our support right now. What's more the last word I would not use to describe them is dysfunctional--that is entirely unfair.

But you know that. Your pal. Old Rook
            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
              Hi Roy:

In conclusion Roy--- let me get this straight regarding McShane.

After 15 years and fifteen straight ECAC-E Regular Season Titles, ten ECAC-E Championship Titles, and 12 visits to the NCAA Finals that includes three national titles—McShane is now losing his touch? Really? The man has 29 players on a team where there are 15 freshmen (52% of the team are “newbees”). It is not like he can go up in the barracks and recruit some experience. And yet with a club that might be a bit better with a bit more experience—McShane has still managed to post a 15-3-5 record (ECAC-E 11-3-2). And actually within the ECAC-E, one might suggest that the only coach right now with a better record is Jamie Rice at Babson—a team we beat in Fenway.

Roy we are all fans of the same team. But lets not get caught up in that nonsense that Bill Beaney at Middlebury did a few years back where ever other remark on USCHOL was to hang Beaney in effigy--a many who won 8 NCAA titles. McShane and this team deserve our support right now. What's more the last word I would not use to describe them is dysfunctional--that is entirely unfair.

But you know that. Your pal. Old Rook
              Very Well Said
              Steve Day(NU71)
              Go Cadets

Comment

Guys I am just glad that I have season tickets to what must be the best back-to-back games in the east this weekend. You got the top there ECAC E teams in total team offense and team defense in Norwich, Babson, and UMASS Boston. First time I have looked at the stats this season but I was surprised that Norwich only had 3 forwards in the top 50 in scoring in the ECAC E.
                seniors Shane Gorman, Travis Yankee, and Chris Duszynski but were total is PPG (some balance).

Jamie Murray (Babson) has a SV of .948 with USMASS Boston Billy Faust SV of .947 so you got to wonder if the goaltends are going to be the key which they almost always are when the teams are evenly matched. I for one hope Norwich continues it rapid fire offense with the hope a few get through the screen. This weekends games are worth the price of a season ticket.
                2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                  Guys I am just glad that I have season tickets to what must be the best back-to-back games in the east this weekend. You got the top there ECAC E teams in total team offense and team defense in Norwich, Babson, and UMASS Boston. First time I have looked at the stats this season but I was surprised that Norwich only had 3 forwards in the top 50 in scoring in the ECAC E.
                  seniors Shane Gorman, Travis Yankee, and Chris Duszynski but were total is PPG (some balance).

Jamie Murray (Babson) has a SV of .948 with USMASS Boston Billy Faust SV of .947 so you got to wonder if the goaltends are going to be the key which they almost always are when the teams are evenly matched. I for one hope Norwich continues it rapid fire offense with the hope a few get through the screen. This weekends games are worth the price of a season ticket.
                  I'll say first one to 3 on Friday night wins and first one to 4 on Saturday night wins that one.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Before we get 16,000 calls on this....the Norwich men's and women's hockey games scheduled for 7pm and 4pm respectively tonight against Babson and New England College are STILL ON AS SCHEDULED.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Before we get 16,000 calls on this....the Norwich men's and women's hockey games scheduled for 7pm and 4pm respectively tonight against Babson and New England College are STILL ON AS SCHEDULED.
                      802-485-2XXX

Evil me wanted to post your office phone, but the kindler,gentler me stopped my evil twin.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        You only wish there were 16,000 interested parties!!!
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Good luck tonight Cadets. On another matter........

I need some technical advice. I had the first iPad ever sold and right from the start picking up NSN was a breeze.

I have since traded my old one in for the newest iPad but somehow it just refuses to connect with NSN.

I pull up their screen, get a message that says "mobile users click here."--and while it looks trying to connect when I do it---nothing happens. Is there some sort of App I need to download to get NSN, a secret decoder ring or hand shake perhaps, or something I need to know about?

Thanks. Old Rook.
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Good luck tonight Cadets. On another matter........

I need some technical advice. I had the first iPad ever sold and right from the start picking up NSN was a breeze.

I have since traded my old one in for the newest iPad but somehow it just refuses to connect with NSN.

I pull up their screen, get a message that says "mobile users click here."--and while it looks trying to connect when I do it---nothing happens. Is there some sort of App I need to download to get NSN, a secret decoder ring or hand shake perhaps, or something I need to know about?

Thanks. Old Rook.
                            Make sure your software is IOS 7.0.4 You should be good to go.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              Make sure your software is IOS 7.0.4 You should be good to go.
                              Thanks. As the NU motto says, "I Will Try!"

Comment

Thanks. As the NU motto says, "I Will Try!"
                                I already have mine set for the NU game on iPad and the Oz-Genny game on the laptop!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X