This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    They duck anyone that could beat them in the Northeast!
    Zlax, what's up with your need to be loved. Are you an UNH alum? If you are, I'm confused by your pandering on other teams threads. As far as their out of conference scheduling. It is often based on history. They consistently play old ECAC foes from the east and prominent programs from the west. They have already played Minnesota and Michigan this year. They are not ducking QU. QU has only become relevant in the past year. Not a program with a strong history. No disrespect to them. If they continue to be successful I would believe UNH will schedule them. I think OOC games are scheduled years in advance.
    Last edited by scoreboard; 11-26-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...kyle-criscuolo

Recap of Harvard-UNH game with quotes from Criscuolo, Donato and UNH coach Dick Umile
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        Zlax, what's up with your need to be loved. Are you an UNH alum? If you are, I'm confused by your pandering on other teams threads. As far as their out of conference scheduling. It is often based on history. They consistently play old ECAC foes from the east and prominent programs from the west. They have already played Minnesota and Michigan this year. They are not ducking QU. QU has only become relevant in the past year. Not a program with a strong history. No disrespect to them. If they continue to be successful I would believe UNH will schedule them. I think OOC games are scheduled years in advance.
        Not even returning Quinnipoac's calls for games is ducking them in my opinion. They have not have a strong NCAA history but they can say they are only one of u believe 2 programs or so without a losing record in the last 15 years. Umile needs to get off his high horse and start scheduling the likes of Quinnipiac, Union and Yale more.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          Not even returning Quinnipoac's calls for games is ducking them in my opinion. They have not have a strong NCAA history but they can say they are only one of u believe 2 programs or so without a losing record in the last 15 years. Umile needs to get off his high horse and start scheduling the likes of Quinnipiac, Union and Yale more.
          Just a note of interest .... Union is scheduled to play UNH in Durham twice this season, January 17th and 18th.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            Yes seriously. On the Union board, I saw numerous complaints directed at Leaman's ability to coach and run a program while he was there. Frankly, I was stunned to see these comments. I'm sure they are happy with Bennett. That's the point; they wanted someone new.
            Really???? When did you see that?????? Must have been early in Leaman's tenure because the last 2-3 years Leaman was a god to Union fans and the admin. They gave him a big contract extension a year before he went to Providence, so saying he was forced out is way off the mark. Yeah, there was a quite a bit of grumbling his first 3-4 years with his "my way or the highway" style and there are always some players that are unhappy and have friends/family that post things on occasion, but anyone remotely in the know was totally supportive of what Leaman was doing. Most U posters on this board were shocked and upset when he left and some questioned if Bennett was the right choice. In the end, Leaman laid the framework of a complete program and set a teamwide ingrained attitude to work hard on and off the ice 360 days a year to always improve. Strength training, conditioning, offseason special skills training, academic counseling, & a sports psychologist all were added or drastically improved under Leaman. The current coaches have done a great job building on this, but the foundation came from Leaman and I think every Union fan owes him a huge amount of gratitude.

BTW great win last night and looking forward to the Crimson's game in Schenectady. You have an exciting young team.
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              start scheduling the likes of Quinnipiac, Union and Yale more.
              Perhaps we need to speak more slowly ... until this season UNH has had 7 OOC games available. At least 2 go to western teams, 1 to Dartmouth, leaving 4 in any given year. (Are you still with me?) Since leaving the ECAC 25 years ago, UNH has continued to schedule Harvard, Brown, Cornell, RPI, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Yale, and more recently Union. They don't all fit every year, and any time UNH can work in more western teams, they do. When exactly would you like UNH to fit QU in, and why (from their perspective, not yours)?

This season there are suddenly 14 OOC games available excluding the icebreaker. They have 6 with western teams, two at the Everblades, 2 with Union and 4 more with historical foes from the old ECAC. I know you're feeling slighted. I'm sorry Marty won't take your call, but QU's time is coming if they can demonstrate they aren't a flash-in-the-pan. I don't think they are.

With 12 OOC games being the norm for the foreseeable future, QU will start finding their way onto Hockey East schedules, including teams not sponsored by the state of Massachusetts. Perhaps you should have called Maine, they have a horrific OOC schedule this year.

And not for nuthin', but why are we having this discourse in a Harvard thread?
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                Perhaps you should have called Maine, they have a horrific OOC schedule this year.
                Maine will be in Hamden on January 3rd.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Maine will be in Hamden on January 3rd.
                  Excellent. I hadn't looked at their road schedule, but pre-season their fans were loudly lamenting the OOC games. Perhaps they were focused on the ones they could see up close and personal at Alfond?
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                    Really???? When did you see that?????? Must have been early in Leaman's tenure because the last 2-3 years Leaman was a god to Union fans and the admin. They gave him a big contract extension a year before he went to Providence, so saying he was forced out is way off the mark. Yeah, there was a quite a bit of grumbling his first 3-4 years with his "my way or the highway" style and there are always some players that are unhappy and have friends/family that post things on occasion, but anyone remotely in the know was totally supportive of what Leaman was doing. Most U posters on this board were shocked and upset when he left and some questioned if Bennett was the right choice. In the end, Leaman laid the framework of a complete program and set a teamwide ingrained attitude to work hard on and off the ice 360 days a year to always improve. Strength training, conditioning, offseason special skills training, academic counseling, & a sports psychologist all were added or drastically improved under Leaman. The current coaches have done a great job building on this, but the foundation came from Leaman and I think every Union fan owes him a huge amount of gratitude.

BTW great win last night and looking forward to the Crimson's game in Schenectady. You have an exciting young team.
                    Yes it was early in his tenure but not so early that people were becoming restless with the results. With complaints such as we have the talent so why aren't we winning more? Why isn't this player getting more ice time? Where did he come up with those line combos? Etc… . Look I've always been a Nate Leaman fan. He is proving to a lot of people that he is a big time coach. Wouldn't be surprised if he is sought after as an NHL assistant some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                      Perhaps we need to speak more slowly ... until this season UNH has had 7 OOC games available. At least 2 go to western teams, 1 to Dartmouth, leaving 4 in any given year. (Are you still with me?) Since leaving the ECAC 25 years ago, UNH has continued to schedule Harvard, Brown, Cornell, RPI, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Yale, and more recently Union. They don't all fit every year, and any time UNH can work in more western teams, they do. When exactly would you like UNH to fit QU in, and why (from their perspective, not yours)?

This season there are suddenly 14 OOC games available excluding the icebreaker. They have 6 with western teams, two at the Everblades, 2 with Union and 4 more with historical foes from the old ECAC. I know you're feeling slighted. I'm sorry Marty won't take your call, but QU's time is coming if they can demonstrate they aren't a flash-in-the-pan. I don't think they are.

With 12 OOC games being the norm for the foreseeable future, QU will start finding their way onto Hockey East schedules, including teams not sponsored by the state of Massachusetts. Perhaps you should have called Maine, they have a horrific OOC schedule this year.

And not for nuthin', but why are we having this discourse in a Harvard thread?
                      Good question. Why are we having this discussion in this thread? If Bobcat fans are upset that UNH is ducking them, let them vent in the UNH thread. We really don't care if UNH schedules them or not.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the faithful!

The turkey should taste even better after a solid win over UNH on the big sheet!

Let's bring it to a Dartmouth team that will be hungry and that is tough at Thompson!

Comment

No posts for a long time???

Comment

Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
                            No posts for a long time???
                            Not too much (good) to be said when your team is losing and what good does it do to complain on this forum.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              They duck anyone that could beat them in the Northeast!
                              History matters and, no disrespect, QU doesn't have any. UNH Played SLU in the old ECAC and for 25 years we had a coach who was a UNH alum so we continued to play them almost every year. When QU has been around for 80 years or so, I'm sure you'll get some scheduling respect.
                              St. Lawrence University
                              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Not too much (good) to be said when your team is losing and what good does it do to complain on this forum.
                                First time posting, long time Crimson hockey season-ticket holder (since Tripp Tracey has a freshman). Harvard hockey is a tough program to be a fan of, especially if you are not an alumnus. The management does not seem to care about the product, e.g. the almost total lack of student support, the requests by long time season ticket holders that they turn the music down, the arena filled with fans of the opposing team, the long tenure of Donato, etc. Yet, we continue to attend and root for the kids. It must be tough, though, as a player, to play at the Bright, with few fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X