Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

The team looked good last night. Laurentian lost 3-2 to both NMU and MTU, so I don't think they are as bad of a team as the score indicates.

Most of the goals were really nice top corner shots or second/ third rebound shots. I am very happy to see the scoring continuing to be spread out over the whole team, rather than depending on a couple guys for all the points.

The freshmen all played well, it was nice to see some of them get some ice time. I think the quality of our recruits has really improved the last two years.

Wisconsin will be a huge test. A split would have me believing that maybe they are as good as they are ranked. A sweep in Madison would be awesome.

Comment

Alabama is cheering you on against the Badgers. Well, I am, anyway.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

And really, we Laker fans appreciate all the UAH support we can get. But think we can all agree that what is bad for the Big Ten is good for . . . well . . . everything.

Comment

Stole this from the Wisconsin thread, according to the schedule both games are going to be streamed for free this weekend.

http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Hopefully the Lakers can continue their success tonight!

Comment

Stole this from the Wisconsin thread, according to the schedule both games are going to be streamed for free this weekend.

Comment

I am one who didn't think we would be very strong this year but I seem to be wrong. I am looking forward to listening to the game tonight. I am expecting a split this weekend but like most would welcome a sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                I am one who didn't think we would be very strong this year but I seem to be wrong. I am looking forward to listening to the game tonight. I am expecting a split this weekend but like most would welcome a sweep.
                It's early, don't get too excited quite yet. Let's see how we fair against Wisconsin on the big ice.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks!

Originally posted by msulaker View Post

Comment

Bit of a sour taste ending that with a tie. Lakers out shot bad again. I was only able to watch the third period but was a little disappointed in what appeared to be a game plan of don't get scored on. Even in the offensive zone the Lakers never really gave much pressure. Going into tonight I probably would have been happy with a tie however to give up a 3-1 lead heading into the third reminded me a little too much of past Laker teams who struggled to put together three solid periods. We will really get to see what this team is made of tomorrow night, hopefully they will bounce back strong.

Comment

Originally posted by msulaker View Post
                      Bit of a sour taste ending that with a tie. Lakers out shot bad again. I was only able to watch the third period but was a little disappointed in what appeared to be a game plan of don't get scored on. Even in the offensive zone the Lakers never really gave much pressure. Going into tonight I probably would have been happy with a tie however to give up a 3-1 lead heading into the third reminded me a little too much of past Laker teams who struggled to put together three solid periods. We will really get to see what this team is made of tomorrow night, hopefully they will bounce back strong.
                      Wisconsin has a lot of talent so a tie on their ice isn't all that bad. Still, after scoring 3 goals on 13 shots in the 1st period and coming out of it with a 2 goal lead, the Lakers have to be disappointed with the way they played the rest of the game. Shots on goal for the 2nd, 3rd and OT were 4, 7 and 1, and that against a Wisconsin team who's weakness is in net with their #1 goalie out with an injury and the #2 guy looking shaky. So the Lakers had mores shots in the first 20 minutes than the next 45 minutes combined. The game was a good chance for them to get a W and they didn't get it done. Yes, they'll have to play harder for the entire game to have a chance tonight.

Comment

Jim's reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ys57VUx68Gs

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                          The "My first line is in the AHL" statement is getting kind of old. I think that is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard him say that already this season. We're not exactly the only team losing players early to the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            The "My first line is in the AHL" statement is getting kind of old. I think that is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard him say that already this season. We're not exactly the only team losing players early to the pros.
                            And I hope potential recruits see/hear it a few more times so it sinks in

Comment

The Lakers of Old showed up tonight.

Better nip that in the bud quickly, if you want to stay in the national rankings.

Comment

Roque must be making an impression on his players by reminding them that he believes his first line is playing somewhere else. I believe the real Laker coach is coaching somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X