This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

My 40-45% was just based on my personal judgement as a long time Catamount and college hockey fan. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect Union to be on the same level as Lowell....which is very, very, very good. There was little to seperate us and Lowell...on the margin Lowell is a little better and would win an extra game or so out of every ten played.

In the end, its a college hockey game between two very good teams. Focusing on things like number one rankings and the like, in my opinion, discounts the fact that in hockey lesser teams beat "better" teams all the time. BC lost to Sacred Heart for gods sake. I just don't beleive there is a huge difference between the quality of these two teams, though I think Union has shown it is the better team. I could be wrong, and tomorrow will tell the true tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
      My 40-45% was just based on my personal judgement as a long time Catamount and college hockey fan. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect Union to be on the same level as Lowell....which is very, very, very good. There was little to seperate us and Lowell...on the margin Lowell is a little better and would win an extra game or so out of every ten played.

In the end, its a college hockey game between two very good teams. Focusing on things like number one rankings and the like, in my opinion, discounts the fact that in hockey lesser teams beat "better" teams all the time. BC lost to Sacred Heart for gods sake. I just don't beleive there is a huge difference between the quality of these two teams, though I think Union has shown it is the better team. I could be wrong, and tomorrow will tell the true tale.
      It was unfortunately my Riverhawks that lost to Sacred Heart. Thank you for crediting it to BC though haha. Holy Cross was the team that upset BC a little later after the hawks first game loss to SH.

Comment

Ha, thanks for the correction. I was mixing up two HE upsets that "should" never have happened. But it proves the point...when even these can happen every once in awhile, the idea of a lower seeded team beating a higher seeded team in this tourney, in one game, is not all that unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
          Ha, thanks for the correction. I was mixing up two HE upsets that "should" never have happened. But it proves the point...when even these can happen every once in awhile, the idea of a lower seeded team beating a higher seeded team in this tourney, in one game, is not all that unlikely.
          I think the only thing that would surprise me is Robert Morris winning, I just can't take them seriously and I apologize to all the Robert Morris fans. Definitely proves the point. I can still remember sitting there stunned wondering what the hell happened that awful first game of the season. There just might be a good deal of upsets coming this weekend. I hope UML got it out of their system way back at game 1 haha. I say good luck to everyone and I'm just hoping for some great games. Maybe a couple wins by UML too haha

Comment

Best of luck to the other 'Cats (well, at least from HE) this weekend. You may have your hands full with Union, but here's hoping you get by them. I'll be pulling for you to make the FF, a game at a time. Go Cats!
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
              Best of luck to the other 'Cats (well, at least from HE) this weekend. You may have your hands full with Union, but here's hoping you get by them. I'll be pulling for you to make the FF, a game at a time. Go Cats!
              Thanks for that, nice to see HE pulls together at the end despite the flaming that occurrs on occassion.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Go get 'em cats!!! #hockeyeastpride
                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Good luck to UVM in Bridgeport. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Good luck to UVM in Bridgeport. Go Hockey East.
                    Agreed. Hoping Hockey East can take up as many spots next round as possible. Good luck UVM!

Comment

T-minus about 90 minutes and counting. Everyone got their game faces on? Go Cats Go!

Comment

Best wishes to UVM from this diehard UNH fan .........

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes from HE fans. Really like this time of year when we all root for each other.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Always the same for me, when we sit out the NCAAs I root for Hockey East first and foremost.

Just got ESPNU lined up at my computer at work so I can watch in the office. Not going to be my most productive afternoon.

Let's go Cats!

Comment

Very interesting. I just got a solicitation on Facebook from UVM asking for donations specifically for a new multi use event center. They had pictures and everything. So for all those of us (like me) who've been saying we need it, time to step up and donate!

Comment

http://alumni.uvm.edu/foundation/mpec/

Comment

Working...
                                X