This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

It's actually too bad they didn't put VT in Cinncy against Wisco... then there would have been the opportunity for an all HE Frozen Four. That's probably why they put them in Bridgeport, an all HE FF would have had the western folk up in arms crying Eastern Bias...
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM - Bruin View Post
      Union in Bridgeport. I'll take it!

Go Cats!
      Go hockey east! Go cats go!
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

go cats, beat union

Comment

Good luck Cats!
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Good luck Cats!
            Too UML as well. This is why HE is awesome. Son much nasty trash talk all year, then when NCAA starts all we do is root hard for each other. I think I speak for all UVM fans, thanks to the Riverhawks, and my lord did you put a beat down on in the Garden!

Comment

Back to Bridgeport! Hope there is the same CT magic as in 2009! Only hurdle is the Friday funk. Cats are 6-8-1 on Friday this year and 14-6-2 on all other days. Bummed that I can't go. Go Cats!

Comment

Like most people I was hoping for the team to get to .500 this year and they more than passed
                any hopes I had for this year. No matter what happensthe future looks much better.

I think the week off will help some of the players that just looked a bit off versus UML, I think both
                Mario and Chris looked to be playing thru something and it was good that Shaw had a big series.
                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Best of luck against Union and beyond.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Thoughts to the lineup?
                    Until the last month or so, Decenzo had been the odd man out. But since then, Decenzo has been playing with Brickley and White. it's been an ongoing change to the 59 line first with Massar out, and most recently Forgione out. The first playoff game game against Lowell they were together and Walls sat with Lenz roving on a few lines.

Comment

Congrats on getting into the tourney guys! Let's go Hockey East!!

Comment

Originally posted by vtcats View Post
                        Thoughts to the lineup?
                        Until the last month or so, Decenzo had been the odd man out. But since then, Decenzo has been playing with Brickley and White. it's been an ongoing change to the 59 line first with Massar out, and most recently Forgione out. The first playoff game game against Lowell they were together and Walls sat with Lenz roving on a few lines.
                        I love Decenzo out there, he is playing with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. He plays hard and has a lot of hustle in his game. I certainly hope he stays in the line up. Hopefully the 59 line is back together for the tourney, they are far and away our best defensive line and will be needed. Union put up some really solid offensive numbers and UVM will need to be very good defensively if they want to pull out the win. That line will need to log a lot of minutes.

I haven't seen any Union games, but I expect Walls in the line up will be determined based on whether Sneddon wants to play a more physical game or whether he wants to be more offensive minded.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          I haven't seen any Union games, but I expect Walls in the line up will be determined based on whether Sneddon wants to play a more physical game or whether he wants to be more offensive minded.
                          I saw a few including the Mayor's Cup. UML was great prep for Union and if you're looking for upside positives, we had a weekend off an it sounds like a few players needed it. UVM can't come out like they have a number of times after a break. The comparison of the Friday night record vs. other nights, thank you, that's great. Switch the Poweraid for RedBull or something. Do what it takes to come out and play the A game Friday. I'm not ready to go out and take bets that UVM is going to the frozen four, all 4 teams in Bridgeport are great. But I think all UVM fans would agree that we have a good chance. And I'd love to see a rematch against Providence. UVM played their hearts out that weekend but didn't collect any league points. Time for payback.

Keys to the game against Union... Def bring the physicality. Study the game against RPI. Agitate agitate agitate. Union is a finesse team. They pass as well as any team I've seen, they're fast, they do a great job creating opportunities to score, they transition well from D to O. They earned the #1 and UVM has to show up ready to play.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jayden_Stoff;5929751]Study the game against RPI.QUOTE]

Especially the last 5 seconds!
                            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Tough draw for the Cats but good to get the opportunity. Union put a beatdown on a hot Colgate team. Have to hope Inions has an off night and Cats have an all time showing.... Union is not Yale 2009, they are battle tested.....

Comment

• Originally posted by vtcats View Post
                                Thoughts to the lineup?
                                I would like to see the Lenz, White, Brickley line put back together and Massar works as hard as any player we have. Walls was in the HE officials doghouse (some of which was deserved), but I like what he brings to the game. Seems like a gamble to dress only 5 D. Whatever happened to Muscoby? Injured?

Comment

Working...
                                X