Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Skjei was absolutely dominent this weekend.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Am I correct in rememebing the only MN penalty against SCSU was an offsetting one?
      That was fantastic.
      Not even the standard penalty to Ambrose for being Ambrose

Comment

Too early to look ahead, but I really hope he sticks around for at least another season.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I feel like I had a big role to play in the sweep this weekend. After the B1G tourney, I washed my jersey for the first time this season and wore the same t-shirt during both games. So obviously it's all on me. You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            True, but that D was very strong all night and gave Jan nothing.
            The entire team was on last night. If they play like that in Philly, they're coming home with the hardware, because no team in the country would have beat the Gophers last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              It was as perfect a game as I've ever seen. I hope they can bottle the entire thing and bring it to Philly.
              I think I have to agree. I don't recall ever seeing a game that was as well-played beginning to end.

Comment

Well, I'm officially booked for Philly. Now I need to procure game tickets.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yep. He's the one I'm afraid may get away from us before next season.

But it's too early to start worrying about that. Can't wait for April 10. Still trying to figure out how I can justify dropping a grand to get to Philly for those 3 days...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Well, I'm officially booked for Philly. Now I need to procure game tickets.
                    Should be no problem. Some here: http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay....ets-and-Events

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Yep. He's the one I'm afraid may get away from us before next season.

But it's too early to start worrying about that. Can't wait for April 10. Still trying to figure out how I can justify dropping a grand to get to Philly for those 3 days...
                      I'm working out my plans to do it for less than that....hopefully it all works out.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I hope Wilcox plays out of his mind before he leaves for the pros.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          I hope Wilcox plays out of his mind before he leaves for the pros.

After last year, if Wilcox doesn't deliver us a Title, and then leaves, I'll not be happy. If he delivers us a title and then bolts, well, much easier to handle that. Can't diss these guys for leaving early, either way, I guess, with the amount of money at stake for them, and some of them are doing very well in the NHL this year. Just really hope, and yes I'm being selfish in this regard, that somehow it doesn't work out between his NHL teams needs for Wilcox this year and that he comes back one more year at least. But no matter, these guys gotta go when they can, when an injury during a college season that they didn't have to play can cost them millions of dollars.

Comment

Tickets procured.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                              After last year, if Wilcox doesn't deliver us a Title, and then leaves, I'll not be happy. If he delivers us a title and then bolts, well, much easier to handle that. Can't diss these guys for leaving early, either way, I guess, with the amount of money at stake for them, and some of them are doing very well in the NHL this year. Just really hope, and yes I'm being selfish in this regard, that somehow it doesn't work out between his NHL teams needs for Wilcox this year and that he comes back one more year at least. But no matter, these guys gotta go when they can, when an injury during a college season that they didn't have to play can cost them millions of dollars.
                              If Tampa doesn't make an offer this summer he will be a FA next year. The clock starts the day after the championship.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                If Tampa doesn't make an offer this summer he will be a FA next year. The clock starts the day after the championship.

Yeah, that seems like a flaw in that system. The team should be able to retain the rights of any player who decides to stay in college. But that's just my opinion, what do I know, right?! lol

But is it possible that Tampa may feel they don't need another Goalie right now? I don't follow the NHL much, so I have no clue.

Comment

Working...
                                X