Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Congrats on advancing, should be a great three games in Philly
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Shhhhhhhh................

RMU gave you guys a better game than SCSU.

I was not here. I did not say this.

Comment

Frozen Four!

The future is bright for this young Gopher squad.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Impressive display of defense by the Gophers tonight. Huskies just could not get the puck off the boards.

The third goal was just ridiculously beautiful. I cheered extra hard on that one.
          It was the goals that made the game special.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            It was the goals that made the game special.
            True, but that D was very strong all night and gave Jan nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              True, but that D was very strong all night and gave Jan nothing.
              Great taste and less filling. The guys played well. Here's hoping they can keep the fire they developed for the weekend.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I wonder what effect last night's late, four period game might have on St. Cloud's energy level in tonight's contest? And I'm not sure whether their two weeks off prior to last night's game was a positive or a negative, in terms of either being more rested or maybe not in as good of shape as they would be had they played two games as usual. But either way the Gophers SHOULD have the edge physically from having played earlier yesterday plus not having to go to OT.
                Well as it turned out St. Cloud did look tired and lacked energy. Thanks, Notre Dame.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Well as it turned out St. Cloud did look tired and lacked energy. Thanks, Notre Dame.
                  Or just weren't as good as the Gophs. They weren't tired last night, but were outplayed then too.

Scoobs, this was sort of a rival and a team that their fans have been telling us was a great team, so I assume the glass report will be a significant increase?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    Or just weren't as good as the Gophs. They weren't tired last night, but were outplayed then too.
                    In his post game interview Motzko admitted Saturday night's late game against Notre Dame was wearing on his team physically. It took a tremendous effort for them to battle back and turn the tables against the Irish, after getting badly outplayed for most of regulation. In the overtime period they clearly were the better team, as evidenced by their wide 16-6 SOG advantage, but the win did take a physical toll, and 18 hours later this made them an easier out for the Gophers. That said, with the way the Gophers played the result would have very likely been the same, even if the Huskies had been 100% fresh.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post

Scoobs, this was sort of a rival and a team that their fans have been telling us was a great team, so I assume the glass report will be a significant increase?
                      50% increase. That was an *** kicking. That's probably one of the best games I've ever seen any Gopher team play. Absolutely beautiful to behold.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Am I correct in rememebing the only MN penalty against SCSU was an offsetting one?
                        That was fantastic.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Am I correct in rememebing the only MN penalty against SCSU was an offsetting one?
                          That was fantastic.
                          It was as perfect a game as I've ever seen. I hope they can bottle the entire thing and bring it to Philly.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            That was fantastic.
                            Yup, however if you put the tally of 'missed' calls, I would have given MN an additional one and SCSU an additional three (extremely blatant hold on Fasching just made everyone in the stands laugh at how the refs had put away the whistles since opening face-off).

I was amazed at the composure though, only a handful of mistakes, none of which St. Cloud capitalizd on.
                            Loving the Maroon and Gold since 1984!

Better Dead then Red!

Comment

Originally posted by RuesterGAGT View Post
                              Yup, however if you put the tally of 'missed' calls, I would have given MN an additional one and SCSU an additional three (extremely blatant hold on Fasching just made everyone in the stands laugh at how the refs had put away the whistles since opening face-off).

I was amazed at the composure though, only a handful of mistakes, none of which St. Cloud capitalizd on.
                              I seem to remember thinking once or twice MN got away with one.
                              Hell of an open field tackle on Fasching.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

What a fun weekend at the X!

The offense was as good as it needed to be with the defense as smothering as it was. Being on the Gophers' end twice, I couldn't believe how many well-timed poke chokes and passes/lanes blocked. The defense really made Wilcox's job easy yesterday. That game was thing of beauty.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X