X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2013-14

Conn College 3
    Bowdoin 2

Holy cow. Conn scores late, late in the third period and then ices it less than a minute into OT! Conn must have the worst penalty kill in NESCAC, yet they stoned Bowdoin 7 times. The Mules are sleeping lightly tonight.

Comment

Bowdoin's power play (outside of a 6/7 performance against UNE, which makes their overall numbers look better) hasn't been able to generate much success, and that was evident last night. Also, the late elbowing minor was a really unfortunate lapse in judgment to set up the tying PP goal for Conn College on what was their 6th PP of the night. Bowdoin kept offering CC ways to get the equalizing goal all the while not taking advantage of the opportunities they had to put the game away, and it cost them. Credit to CC for hanging around, then bringing the game to Bowdoin over the last 12 minutes of the 3rd period and OT.

Sure makes this Tufts game massive for the Bears.

Comment

Post weekend thoughts at the holiday break.

Teams with an Ace for a goaltender will be hard to beat this season under any circumstances; see Williams, Amherst and Trinity.
        Teams without an Ace goalie will flounder; see Middlebury.
        Teams on the rise that could break into the top 4 by season's end; see Hamilton and Colby.
        Teams that need to focus on defense to be taken seriously; see Wesleyan.
        Teams resting on laurels from seasons past; see Bowdoin.
        Teams that are seen as automatic W's; see Tufts and Conn College.

Comment

Just wondering??? With Middlebury's goaltending woes, I'm guessing that Drew Michals, the freshmen tender might see action in the holiday tournament vs St Michaels. The game is non league and playing against a D-2 opponent really doesn't have any impact on NCAA statistics.
          Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
            Just wondering??? With Middlebury's goaltending woes, I'm guessing that Drew Michals, the freshmen tender might see action in the holiday tournament vs St Michaels. The game is non league and playing against a D-2 opponent really doesn't have any impact on NCAA statistics.
            Why not? Beaney tried four out last year. He clearly isn't in love with any of the other three. Does anyone know why Moorfield-Yee was left off the initial roster?

Comment

Supposedly he was beat out by the other three and better off playing regularly at the B level. After what transpired, I guess he worked back into the picture.

Comment

I've only seen Peters two times (NorwichPlatt) and thought he was solid in that Norwich game. The Cards torched him in the first period the next day. I would go with the new guy and hope the guys rally around him. But who am I to second-guess Bill Beaney?

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                  I've only seen Peters two times (NorwichPlatt) and thought he was solid in that Norwich game. The Cards torched him in the first period the next day. I would go with the new guy and hope the guys rally around him. But who am I to second-guess Bill Beaney?
                  Peters looked very good against Norwich (from what I could see given the buffer-fest that the Primelink stream turned out to be). It is interesting that Middlebury used to always have bullet-proof goal tending going way back to back Marsh/Chen/Cherry/Raeder/Yen and the guys who preceded them. Lately they have seem to really thrash around with their goalies.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Peters looked very good against Norwich (from what I could see given the buffer-fest that the Primelink stream turned out to be). It is interesting that Middlebury used to always have bullet-proof goal tending going way back to back Marsh/Chen/Cherry/Raeder/Yen and the guys who preceded them. Lately they have seem to really thrash around with their goalies.
                    You're absolutely correct. Strong goaltending was always a hallmark of Middlebury teams and we are waiting for the next shutdown net minder.

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                      You're absolutely correct. Strong goaltending was always a hallmark of Middlebury teams and we are waiting for the next shutdown net minder.
                      Carlsson, Bourbeau, Farion.............the list goes on..
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                        It is funny, as far as the NESCAC goes, Bowdoin, Amherst, Trinity and Williams have all made the centerpiece of their teams a marquee goalie of late. Odd that Middlebury has failed in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                          When they were at their peak in that department, Beaney was just alternating them game after game. Didn't matter who played, they would just shut you down
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As the "second half" is about to start, I've been looking over Colby's stats to see how their large class of first-years is doing. One stat jumped out at me: Freshman defenseman Jack Burton has three goals in four games. I'm guessing he must have been injured or not playing for some other reason. Does anyone have any info on this. I'm hoping he's healthy for the final run.
                            Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                              As the "second half" is about to start, I've been looking over Colby's stats to see how their large class of first-years is doing. One stat jumped out at me: Freshman defenseman Jack Burton has three goals in four games. I'm guessing he must have been injured or not playing for some other reason. Does anyone have any info on this. I'm hoping he's healthy for the final run.
                              Never mind. I just did a little more research and found that he did not play in the early games, but has played in the last four. 6'3" 218 lbs. That's good news.
                              Last edited by OhioMule; 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                                Never mind. I just did a little more research and found that he did not play in the early games, but has played in the last four. 6'3" 218 lbs. That's good news.
                                Two assists this afternoon. That's five points in five games...

Comment

Working...
                                X