Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2013-14

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
    Pretty exciting day in the smart conference. Middlebury is taken to OT by the Camels and that's a moral victory if nothing else. But good teams (the Panthers) do find a way to win even if they are not firing on all cylinders. Hamilton gets 8-goals against a defensively porous Cardinal team. The Continentals have struggled on offense for a while now and to get 8 in one fell swoop is an early Xmas present. So either Wesleyan mailed it tonight, or their defense and or goaltending is a serious question mark. Routine win for the Ephs and they get the automatic win vs. Tufts. An improved Colby team takes out Bowdoin on the road and there is a definite unease amongst Polar Bear nation. Amherst gets past Trinity in what seemed like a strange game with the home team eccentric announcer displaying more than his typical amount of shrieking enthusiasm. The belaboring of the amount of face-off ejections got tired quickly. Hamilton is not getting 8 goals against Trinity tomorrow and Amherst just might be 4-0 come the afternoon.
    A couple of comments. First, regarding Middlebury, they were terrible with the lead all weekend. They allowed Tufts to come back from a three goal deficit to within a goal and they squandered a two goal lead against Conn College surrendering the equalizer with under a minute to go. Something needs to change there. Is it goaltending or discipline with the puck when playing with the lead? They sat back on Saturday with the two goal lead and had to kill off a penalty in OT before Charles found the back of the net on the PP. If it weren't for that, it would have been a very bad tie. In fact, it was a bad win if such a thing exists. That sort of play won't hold up in the Primelink!

Regarding the Colby Bowdoin game in Brunswick. I have to applaud the NSN coverage of the game. Play by play and color were excellent and the video quality complete with almost immediate replays was superb. A great game with a somewhat surprising result. Colby played great and to the Polar Bears credit, they never quit. Why would they!
    Last edited by neumyer; 11-24-2013, 07:45 PM.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Unfortunately, I had to miss both Bowdoin-Colby webcasts due to other commitments.

Ohiomule, send me your email.

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
        A couple of comments. First, regarding Middlebury, they were terrible with the lead all weekend. They allow Tufts to come back from a three goal deficit to within a goal and they squandered a two goal lead against Conn College surrendering the equalizer with under a minute to go. Something needs to change there. Is it goaltending or discipline with the puck when playing with the lead? They sat back on Saturday with the two goal lead and had to kill off a penalty in OT before Charles found the back of the net on the PP. If it weren't for that, it would have been a very bad tie. In fact, it was a bad win if such a thing exists. That sort of play won't hold up in the Primelink

Regarding the Colby Bowdoin game in Brunswick. I have to applaud the NSN coverage of the game. Play by play and color were excellent and the video quality complete with almost immediate replays was superb. A great game with a somewhat surprising result. Colby played great and to the Polar Bears credit, they never quit. Why would they!
        Boy, I know another team that can't put on the killer as well!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by frankie56 View Post
          Unfortunately, I had to miss both Bowdoin-Colby webcasts due to other commitments.

Ohiomule, send me your email.
          vwhervey@yahoo.com
          Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Action today..........

Amherst 4 St Michael's 0 Final

Bowdoin 4 UNE 3 2nd

Tufts 2 Becker 5 2nd

Wesleyan 1 Stonehill 1 2nd

Comment

Terry wins #500 with a 9-3 thrashing of UNE.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Terry wins #500 with a 9-3 thrashing of UNE.
                The December 9, 1983 Bowdoin Orient article on Meagher's first win. https://archive.org/stream/Bowdoin_O.../n109/mode/1up

Comment

The box score from the Tufts-Manhattanville game shows Tufts with ZERO shots on net and Manhattanville with 64. Must be a mistake. Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                    The box score from the Tufts-Manhattanville game shows Tufts with ZERO shots on net and Manhattanville with 64. Must be a mistake. Anybody know?
                    36-28 M'ville
                    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Re. BOWDOIN

It's nice to see that Bowdoin senior Colin Downey appears to have regained his scoring touch. Downey has been one of my favorite Bowdoin players since his freshman year, but he seemed to be in a funk for most of Bowdoin's first four games. This young man has terrific skills and excellent hockey sense. His perfect pass to Matt Rubinoff for Bowdoin's third goal was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Does anyone know the seriousness of Middlebury's Matt Silcoff's injury and when he might be back?
                        Last edited by neumyer; 12-03-2013, 12:19 PM.
                        Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I can't see Amherst sweeping the weekend against Middlebury and Williams perhaps going 1-1 at best and 0-2 most likely. Bowdoin gets 4pts and so will the Mules of Colby keeping the Jumbos and Camels winless. Hamilton takes the collar this weekend. Wesleyan and Trinity are in non-conference action.

Comment

Just got home from Stonehill at Trinity and oh my God what an awesome game.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Trying to watch the Middlebury at Amherst game video. Not having any success. Anyone able to hook up via the NESCAC link?
                              from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                                Trying to watch the Middlebury at Amherst game video. Not having any success. Anyone able to hook up via the NESCAC link?
                                Not having any issues watching through the Amherst website. Link is on the "other" website
                                Last edited by llama; 12-06-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X