Notre Dame Hockey 2013-2014 Go East young men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame Hockey 2013-2014 Go East young men

I believe you are correct. Many, many of us miss him, his voice, his knowledge of the sport and his goofy enthusiasm. I wonder what he would think about the shake-up of the conferences and the loss of rivalries...
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
      I believe you are correct. Many, many of us miss him, his voice, his knowledge of the sport and his goofy enthusiasm. I wonder what he would think about the shake-up of the conferences and the loss of rivalries...
      I have a pretty good idea of what Mike would think about it all.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Welcome to Hockey East indeed. HUGE win.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Big win. Congrats
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

That should help out our PWR. Nice to see our boys turn the season around and finish strong. Hopefully we can make a decent push into the Hockey East Playoffs and secure our spot in the Frozen Four tournament
            TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Congratulations ND on your big win last night. It was a great game.

Now, take care of business against BU, hopefully no other HE upsets, and we'll see you back at Conte Forum in 2 weeks. We want our #1 PWR ranking back!
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Go East young men ... to the Garden!

Comment

Wow. You were mediocre all year and then handed my Black Bears a wake up call. And just took if from there and then took down the top dog in hockey east. Welcome to the league and I like it. Wishing you the best as a Black Bear fan. Although my routing interests are with Lowell. Good luck though! And congrats on making it to the HE semis. It is a big deal in our league, that is, to make it to the "garden".

Comment

I had to suffer through Legends food to be able to watch these games (does nowhere else in South Bend get NESN?) but it was worth it yesterday. Pretty nerve-wracking 3rd period, but overall did a great job playing the perfect style to shut down Gaudreau & Co. The prospect of UML scares me a little bit, but we should probably scare them more coming of this performance.

Still not happy at all with how the power play looked. Not sure what you can do to fix that, really missing Russo at the point. The entries need to be cleaner, dump and chase on the power play is not going to work. Still, don't want to dwell on the negative, an eye-opening weekend overall.
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Wow. You were mediocre all year and then handed my Black Bears a wake up call. And just took if from there and then took down the top dog in hockey east. Welcome to the league and I like it. Wishing you the best as a Black Bear fan. Although my routing interests are with Lowell. Good luck though! And congrats on making it to the HE semis. It is a big deal in our league, that is, to make it to the "garden".
                      Thanks for the support! I think this matchup with ND will be very similar to the UVM one we just played.
                      UML has been doing the dump and chase PP for a while now and ask any fan how well that's been working.
                      We've been relying on the goaltender obviously and solid D. Scoring is always by committee over here.

I don't think UML lets anyone sneak up on them so not sure they'll be scared. They know they're facing a much different opponent than they did earlier in the season. I can't wait for it. Should be another great battle.
                      Good luck and thanks for kicking BC's a**. Man I love watching those guys lose haha

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        I had to suffer through Legends food to be able to watch these games (does nowhere else in South Bend get NESN?)
                        I do! Watched all weekend and will watch next weekend; although, the games are also on NBCSN next weekend, so I might prefer that since NESN tends to be more Boston-centric with their calls...

Since I know Stephen Johns reads this thread (and for some reason my posts in particular), here's a shout out to him for playing his arse off Friday and Sunday. I'll let Saturday's gaffes go unmentioned because, in the end, he was awesome when it mattered. Steven Summerhays was also more like what I've been missing since October. Quiet, positionally sound, rock-solid. I can honestly say, none of the goals BC scored were soft or were ones he misplayed. While T.J. Tynan took 2 of the dumbest penalties I've ever witnessed (allowing 2 PPG's against in the process), all is forgiven for that dish to Bryan Rust. And speaking of Rust...when was the last time Notre Dame had such a clutch guy? Calle Ridderwall? A.k.a. the "Wolverine killer?" So I guess Rust is the "Eagle slayer?!"

Watching the last half of the 3rd period yesterday, it was extremely evident that both teams used every ounce of their talent and energy this weekend. That's what I want in my team (and the opponent). 100% effort. And they delivered! I'm eating my words from January, but I don't mind when my team proves me wrong.

So it's back to Boston and UML. Every thing else is gravy from here on out; however, I don't want the season to end until about 10:30 p.m. April 12th...

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                          I do! Watched all weekend and will watch next weekend; although, the games are also on NBCSN next weekend, so I might prefer that since NESN tends to be more Boston-centric with their calls...
                          Nice! DirecTV I take it? Not even Brothers on Eddy St had it at least when I checked around Beanpot time. And yeah, the color guy needs a lesson on basic geometry. Trying to argue that the off-angle means it wasn't necessary a goal even though it was beyond both the goal line AND the crossbar in that view. It took me forever to realize that the weird bounce back out on Johns' goal yesterday was due to it coming down and hitting the ice while on edge. I don't think Tom Caron (PBP guy) is trying to be a homer, but he knows who's watching that channel.

So it's back to Boston and UML. Every thing else is gravy from here on out; however, I don't want the season to end until about 10:30 p.m. April 12th...
                          The way they played this weekend, I have to respectfully disagree. They need to keep this momentum going and rattle off nothing but wins from now on! I want to be optimistic about this team in the future, but there's a huge crop of seniors leaving, and hopefully do so while leaving their mark!
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            Nice! DirecTV I take it?
                            Yes. I have all the "college hockey" channels; although I saw verrrrry few NoDak or DU games this season (their t.v. deals must have run out). Besides, I love the Beanpot (the only in-season tourney that's any good IMO).

Originally posted by candycanes99
                            The way they played this weekend, I have to respectfully disagree. They need to keep this momentum going and rattle off nothing but wins from now on! I want to be optimistic about this team in the future, but there's a huge crop of seniors leaving, and hopefully do so while leaving their mark!
                            This is more in reference to my post after the outdoor game in January (easy to find as I rarely post anymore--I do not like most HE fans--I miss most CCHA fans--) about my fears for the remainder of the season. The team far surpassed my predictions (thank God), so I'm pleasantly surprised (and ecstatic) with the results thus far, beating BC (3 of 5 times) and locking in the NCAAs.

Comment

Congratulations to the Irish for knocking off BC this past weekend, and good luck this coming weekend back in Boston!

Comment

So after pooping their breezers against UML, Notre Dame gets the unenviable regional playing SCSU in their backyard, then if they manage a better showing against that team than last year, they get to face Minny in their living room. I have to assume Minny will not lose to RMU/Canisius. Can't create a scenario other than this...

If losing to UML gets the last loss out of their systems and we get to play 4 more games, I'm okay with that breezer-pooping effort. Now I will call on the seniors to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X