This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Interesting comments by Wilson and the radio team about how vocal Rotolo is, as Wilson mentioned he's the first goalie since DeMichiel to be that way. If that helps to organize the defense a bit, that could be a significant side benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by bjdrit View Post
      Interesting comments by Wilson and the radio team about how vocal Rotolo is, as Wilson mentioned he's the first goalie since DeMichiel to be that way. If that helps to organize the defense a bit, that could be a significant side benefit.
      His demeanor reminds me of DeMike. He's always been an outgoing kid (he and my son were on the same high school team) but that wasn't noticeable on the ice the way it is now.

I didn't see the SLU game but he looked good on Friday and really solid on Saturday. In the first 3 minutes of the game on Friday there were two very close chances by SHU that if they had gone in might have changed the outcome of the weekend. But surviving those, he got better and better over the next 117 minutes of hockey. The second period on Saturday was the best performance by an RIT goalie I've seen in a while, including a ridiculous pad save that was all reflex and lightning fast, also reminiscent of DeMichiel.

At this point he's the starter until he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
        OK, so is it ...

(a) Wilson is a genius for starting Rotolo,

(b) Wilson should be fired for not starting Rotolo sooner,

(c) Wilson is irrelevant, RIT would have swept SHU with RITProf in goal, or

(d) None of the above.

Just trying to save everyone some typing/reading. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving. Now just 4 points out of first with 21 to play!
        e) All of the above!

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
        At this point he's the starter until he loses.
        Agreed. Bottom line is the RIT has gotten 3 wins with him in net and 1 with Ruby. We can debate if it is "fair" or not but that is the reality.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
          OK, so is it ...

(a) Wilson is a genius for starting Rotolo,

(b) Wilson should be fired for not starting Rotolo sooner,

(c) Wilson is irrelevant, RIT would have swept SHU with RITProf in goal, or

(d) None of the above.

Just trying to save everyone some typing/reading. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving. Now just 4 points out of first with 21 to play!
          Definitely not (c). SHU is a far better team than I saw the past two seasons. They've had two solid recruiting classes and will get better.

Comment

I sit directly behind the RIT bench for home games. I noticed right away Rotolo interacted with the bench much different during stoppages and tv time outs during his first start. He is talking to people and trying to rally the guys on the bench. Over the years I have been used to goalies coming to the bench, drinking water quietly by themselves, and going back to the net. I liked seeing that interaction, if it really makes a difference to the other guys on the bench I'm not sure but the team has had 3 good games

Having played hockey goalies are generally kind of weird anyways but I always appreciated a goalie was more laid back and talkative.
            RIT Tigers
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

I don't know how significant this may or may not be, or if any of you were aware, but Ruby got engaged at the end of August. I can't help but wonder how much effect that has on his off-ice activities and mindset...
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Woa. Things most young athletes don't do for $2000, Alex.

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                I don't know how significant this may or may not be, or if any of you were aware, but Ruby got engaged at the end of August. I can't help but wonder how much effect that has on his off-ice activities and mindset...
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                  Exactly. Especially RIGHT before the beginning of a season where you're #1 D-I goalie.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Getting married... I can see why he hasn't been an All-Star. Making bad decisions like that off the ice... Lord knows the decisions he will make on the ice! lol Marriage!!!!!!!!!! What a silly guy
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                      I sit directly behind the RIT bench for home games. I noticed right away Rotolo interacted with the bench much different during stoppages and tv time outs during his first start. He is talking to people and trying to rally the guys on the bench.

Having played hockey goalies are generally kind of weird anyways but I always appreciated a goalie was more laid back and talkative.
                      Rotolo = swagger.
                      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Two Tigers got AHA awards this week, Colevecchia and Rotolo.

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...yrelease120313

My favorite part..

Rotolo went 2-0-0 on the weekend with a 1.00 goals against average and .970 save percentage, stopping 64-of-66 shots in a weekend sweep over Sacred Heart.*
                        Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
                        RIT

Comment

Ruby got engaged at the end of August.
                          I wonder what gems he got for her ring.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Wow. Are you kidding? To even imply that him getting engaged would have any effect on his game is just ridiculous. I can't even believe you brought it up.

So what if it's not the norm? Congratulations to Ruby. When you know, you know.

Exactly. Especially RIGHT before the beginning of a season where you're #1 D-I goalie.
                            What does one have to do with the other? You're really reaching here. What's next? I can't believe he's taking that course this semester? Right in the middle of the season. What was he thinking?

Comment

While not having been engaged (yet), I have a feeling that it adds considerable stress to your life. Now, not being a college athlete, I remember being stressed out from school on occasion. So I feel like mixing those two with being a starting goal tender in a defensively struggling program is just a cluster of excessive stress all together. Not to mention how much of a mental game goal tending is... it just seems like a lot.

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
                              Wow. Are you kidding? To even imply that him getting engaged would have any effect on his game is just ridiculous. I can't even believe you brought it up.

So what if it's not the norm? Congratulations to Ruby. When you know, you know.

What does one have to do with the other? You're really reaching here. What's next? I can't believe he's taking that course this semester? Right in the middle of the season. What was he thinking?
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

While not having been engaged (yet), I have a feeling that it adds considerable stress to your life.
                                Planning a wedding might. Simply being engaged, not so much.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X