Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    You know that all home games are streamed on YouTube, right?

Who?
    You beat me to everything on this thing. Had a lot of fun watching last night at the house. Dad kept saying that Yale was getting their feet moving about half way through the second period and then BOOM BOOM BOOM. I had my head in my hands and felt like throwing up. I call it Pittsburgh Syndrome. Nothing that a heavy dose of Matt Peca can't cure. Always loved goals like that when you know there is no chance he'll miss. I loved Schutt last night - he was my favorite player out there. Very simple and made sure he was always moving the puck to the most talented player he had around him.

For the first time I wasn't super impressed with Anas. Missed a couple of open nets and seemed like he was trying to do too much - along with a lot of the other big scorers out there. The whole third period they were trying to be too cute - especially on the PP. Don't know what came over Dad and I, but we were more excited for Jeff Green's 3-pt'r in Bron Bron's face than the Peca goal. Fun night for sports yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
      You beat me to everything on this thing. Had a lot of fun watching last night at the house. Dad kept saying that Yale was getting their feet moving about half way through the second period and then BOOM BOOM BOOM. I had my head in my hands and felt like throwing up. I call it Pittsburgh Syndrome. Nothing that a heavy dose of Matt Peca can't cure. Always loved goals like that when you know there is no chance he'll miss. I loved Schutt last night - he was my favorite player out there. Very simple and made sure he was always moving the puck to the most talented player he had around him.

For the first time I wasn't super impressed with Anas. Missed a couple of open nets and seemed like he was trying to do too much - along with a lot of the other big scorers out there. The whole third period they were trying to be too cute - especially on the PP. Don't know what came over Dad and I, but we were more excited for Jeff Green's 3-pt'r in Bron Bron's face than the Peca goal. Fun night for sports yesterday.
      Saw that too from Anas from my seats at the bank last night. It was like he was trying to take over game. Also missed an easy goal wide open in the 2nd period. He would be better off taking what the defense gives him instead of trying to do it all.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
        Was last night not on YouTube?
        It was. In fact, watch it again if you want!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
          I loved Schutt last night - he was my favorite player out there. Very simple and made sure he was always moving the puck to the most talented player he had around him.
          I think both Schutt and Smith have been the 2 unsung hero's thus far. They have been solid contributors and haven't gotten any love. But they're out there every shift working hard and getting it done.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

I'm watching the replay on FCS-P and have to say that 4 minutes late in the second was some pretty ugly hockey by the Bobcats. Rand will have a lot of good teaching opportunities with that video!
            Is it on the internet or did you watch the replay on tv
            Quinnipiac University '15
            ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
            ECAC Championship: 2016
            NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
            Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
              Is it on the internet or did you watch the replay on tv
              That replay was on TV, and I also DVR'd the game here at home. I posted the YouTube video above.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Well getting points this 3 weekend was a very solid weekend. On to Harvard/Dartmouth next weekend. These next 3 weekends are pretty important in terms of 5 of the next 6 games are at home with 5 of them against the bottom 3 teams in the ECAC in Harvard, Dartmouth and 2 with Princeton (first game at Princeton with the next night in Hamden) plus likely the worst team in Hockey East in UMass Amherst. The only real tough game in that stretch is home against Providence which will be a battle. But with this stretch of games they really need to take care of business with these ECAC games. On paper they should win them all but we all know the games are not played on paper. We can really separate ourselves from the rest of the pack in the next 3 weeks in the conference standings if we take care of business.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  All home games are YouTube streamed without the feed from the jumbrotron and the play by play from WQUN.
                  Yes, I know about the YouTube streams but have had nothing but trouble with it. I have tons of Net throughput headroom but still get long lockups.
                  On the Chat QU has said "We're working on it". Using WQUN as the audio is a bust with anywhere from a 5 to 15 second delay.

I will keep trying though.

K
                  BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Assorted thoughts from the Yale game:

- Whoever decided it would be a good idea to start the game with highlights from the national title game is a flaming *******. That was just awful in every way, from the decision to actually show that garbage to the physical production of it. Not only was it a terrible decision to show something most of us never want to think about again, but the highlights from that game were way too long and the highlights from the token Quinnipiac tournament games in there were short and grainy. Then the stupid lines the producer tried to use to tie it together -- "PAIN IS TEMPORARY ... VICTORY LASTS FOREVER" -- no kidding, idiot. Yale won the title, and it lasts forever. What a bunch of buffoons. Just when I thought the people over there were starting to turn it around, they pull a self-deprecating stunt like that one. Anyone who had a hand in making that decision should be ashamed of himself/herself.

- I thought Quinnipiac looked good on the ice overall, with the obvious exception of that five-minute stretch in the second period (poor job by the defense and Garteig, I thought, in not clearing/covering up those pucks that kept hanging near the crease). Too many missed opportunities, yes, but I like our team's chances if we put up 51 shots a night. I like how Anas is pretty aggressive (yes, he quieted down as the night went on, but still) to give that top line an aggressive presence (JST gives that to his line). Connor missed a pretty easy breakaway chance just before Yale scored its three goals ... why can't we score one stinking breakaway against them?

- Overall I thought QU's power play got better as the night went on. I'm still not sure how we didn't score on at least one of them between late in the second through the last. Early it looked like they went with two defensemen instead of one, and I've always been a fan of how Rand likes to get four forwards out there. Looked like it shifted toward that way by the end of the night, and I really do like Toews as the single defenseman on the PP (Clifton would be good, too).

- The crowd was good, but I thought we had several home crowds last season that were quite a bit better (Yale and Cornell Game 3 pop out). What a stupid decision to give the students white Thunderstix. It was bad enough that a ton of the kids were wearing black coats over their gold ... then they compound the issue with white Thunderstix instead of yellow. Nitpicking, yeah, but I contrasted crowd photos from last year to this year and the one back in February was just popping with gold. That was lacking Saturday night.

Comment

A win and tie against the defending champ moves you down a spot I guess. Though we did receive 2 first place votes.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

Comment

A win and tie against the defending champ moves you down a spot I guess. Though we did receive 2 first place votes.
                        I think it's more a case for those teams around us. Three of the top 4 split, and Providence and BC swept so you knew they would move up.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

I think it's more a case for those teams around us. Three of the top 4 split, and Providence and BC swept so you knew they would move up.
                          Yes but Providence swept Merrimack not exactly a great team this year. In Quinnipiac's defense they beat a team in Brown that received votes in the poll this week and tied #9 Yale. I think Quinnipiac played better quality this weekend than Providence did. Just my two cents.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

Comment

That's one thing that struck me last year...the Bobcats get little respect from the hockey press. When they were 15-18 games into the winning streak you could go
                            onto web sites and teams like BC were splashed all over the front page while a QU article was buried in the corner in text only.

FaxCap
                            BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaKen View Post
                              That's one thing that struck me last year...the Bobcats get little respect from the hockey press. When they were 15-18 games into the winning streak you could go
                              onto web sites and teams like BC were splashed all over the front page while a QU article was buried in the corner in text only.

FaxCap

That's because you guys are severely over-rated, I mean, who have you REALLY played?!?!
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I will reply to the latest quote only, but my comment is meant to address the concerns of MarkEagleUSA, QUAlum2004, and CanadaKen. As many on this site will attest, I am as rabid a Yale fanatic as there is; that said,
                                there is no question that QU badly outplayed the Bulldogs Saturday night. The fact that QU lost 11 seniors and has come out of the gate at 9-1-1 is remarkable. Your freshman class is scary. It is obviously very early in the season, and
                                one never knows what lurks in the future in the way of injuries, etc., but I will be astonished if QU a) does not finish in the ECAC top 4 and b) does not make it to the NCAA Tourney. My advice to the QU faithful is:
                                IGNORE THE BC, NORTH DAKOTA, MINNESOTA, etc. accolytes; as we all learned last year, the only thing that matters is who is #1 on April 13.

Comment

Working...
                                X