Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Thank you.

There's no way we should have a lead this big in the standings, even if MSU-M has 2 games in hand. That will take care of itself when we go to Mankato on Jan 17-18.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Put a jumbotron in Ewigleben!

This thread has been pretty quite. Maybe we're all cautiously optimistic. Outside of the most important stat there seems to be plenty of room for improvement.

Any thoughts on this big game we have coming up on Wednesday?
    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...d-ferris-state

Fans can vote for Ferris State at bottom of article

Ok, I'm curious about your team this year. I haven't seen any of your games this year so let me bin on your team. Is there a potent offensive player(s)? How's your goal-tending? Any defensive studs? What do you see happening on Wednesday? It should be a great game, #3 v. #4. I'm going to do a little self-promotion here and pat myself on the back, I'm sure glad that I picked this game to get Center Ice seats for...

occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar

Ok, I'm curious about your team this year. I haven't seen any of your games this year so let me bin on your team. Is there a potent offensive player(s)? How's your goal-tending? Any defensive studs? What do you see happening on Wednesday? It should be a great game, #3 v. #4. I'm going to do a little more meth becuz nobody's taking my troll-bait. I'm sure glad Sparty sucks because it gives me a purpose in life...

I'll speak to what I saw as an opposing fan/broadcaster:

Czarnowczan is very good all over the ice. Buzzeo and DeMartino can light it up, as can Thompson and Schempp. (I know that Thompson is the leading scorer, but I like what Buzzeo and DeMartino do better.) They're balanced, with nine guys having 10 points or more at this time of the season.

I liked what I saw of Binkley and Dorer on defense. Oh, and CJ Motte is, as Shaq would say, The Truth.

They're fun to watch except when they're beating your team.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

2-1 Michigan thru 2. We're not playing poorly. Michigan goal off of a defender's skate, and the 2nd one was one that I thought Motte should have had.

It's hockey, not study hall
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    2-1 Michigan thru 2. We're not playing poorly. Michigan goal off of a defender's skate, and the 2nd one was one that I thought Motte should have had.
    And now we're halfway through the third and Michigan is just holding on.

2-2 tie. I'll take it.

Shootout. I have no idea why.

It's hockey, not study hall

2-2 tie. I'll take it.

Because the B10 uses a shootout and Michigan, as the home team, wanted to have one.
    This space for sale.

2-2 tie. I'll take it.

I asked myself that same question. It doesn't mean a thing but I'm guessing practice?

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...-in-a-thriller
    Chris Dilks' recap of the game, instant analysis

And then we had a video review during a shootout that didn't count in the standings. Lovely.

What a great game, the Bulldogs showed alot of Heart. They got a little complacent in the second and then ramped it back up in the third!! Exciting game. It was a bummer that we had the game on our sticks 2 or 3 times in the 3rd and overtime and wasn't able to get the win, however I will take a tie at yost!!!!!!!

occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar

And then we had a video review during a shootout that didn't count in the standings. Lovely.
    Good "shootout video review practice", tho

Good game. It sure was exciting to watch. I wish we would have played a better second period, that has seemed to be our weakness all season. Daniels keeps talking about wanting to put together 60 complete minutes and he didn't get that tonight. Although the five OT minutes looked good.

I thought Buzzeo to DeMartino was going to win it in the waning minutes.

Three big games away from Big Rapids coming up. Nobody can be overlooked. Take care of Sparty first.

Go Dawgs!
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

On any given night...

2-2 tie. I'll take it.

Right, it's a tie, end of story. It's reflected in both teams records and in the eyes of the NCAA. Neither team picked up a W last night. They played each other even. To have a shootout with non-con teams is simply an exhibition; it has nothing to do with the game that was played.

It annoys me that one of the guys at work today says, "Michigan won last night"; one of my customers says, "Michigan won last night;" the Holland Sentinel (where Nagelvoort is from) writes that Michigan won the game 3-2. No, I'm sorry, Michigan did not win the game last night.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Grizzled Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by aygwm2 View Post
    Right, it's a tie, end of story. It's reflected in both teams records and in the eyes of the NCAA. Neither team picked up a W last night. They played each other even. To have a shootout with non-con teams is simply an exhibition; it has nothing to do with the game that was played.

It annoys me that one of the guys at work today says, "Michigan won last night"; one of my customers says, "Michigan won last night;" the Holland Sentinel (where Nagelvoort is from) writes that Michigan won the game 3-2. No, I'm sorry, Michigan did not win the game last night.

Correct. The game was a tale of missed opportunities and strange goals. The proper ending was achieved, though. Both deserved something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker View Post
    Correct. The game was a tale of missed opportunities and strange goals. The proper ending was achieved, though. Both deserved something out of it.
    Yup, I will never complain about a tie on the road. Come to Big Rapids next year and we might get more past Nagelvoort.

Out of curiosity, if a road win is worth more than a home win in the computers, then isn't a road tie worth more than a home tie?
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Grizzled Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hattrick16 View Post
    Yup, I will never complain about a tie on the road. Come to Big Rapids next year and we might get more past Nagelvoort.

Out of curiosity, if a road win is worth more than a home win in the computers, then isn't a road tie worth more than a home tie?
    That's an interesting question. Maybe that is an incentive for the winner of the nc shoot-out getting the extra nudge in the PWR. I jest, of course.

I think a tie can contain many connotations. There are "good" ties and "bad" ties depending on who you are, how you play etc. The reason I suggested that this was a fair result was because it was equally good and bad for both teams, regardless of where it was played. (For instance, Michigan fans should be thankful that the game wasn't out of reach in the first period, only to ponder why they couldn't hang onto a lead with 5+ minutes to go. Ferris fans are wondering about all the open looks, missed chances during the game and wonder how they were even in a position to lose late in the game, only to earn the tie in a.. ahem... hostile environment. )

Thread Information