Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

I was shocked to read ARD got the start Friday...that almost backfired. A loss/tie to a team like that could hurt the postseason chances.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I was shocked to read ARD got the start Friday...that almost backfired. A loss/tie to a team like that could hurt the postseason chances.
      My speculation -- Desbiens is good enough that Johnson sees fit to let her fill in for Rigsby in NCAA games for the first time in a few seasons. If this is the case, I think that says good things about ARD and her future here once Rigsby leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        My speculation -- Desbiens is good enough that Johnson sees fit to let her fill in for Rigsby in NCAA games for the first time in a few seasons. If this is the case, I think that says good things about ARD and her future here once Rigsby leaves.
        I do agree UW's in great shape looking forward. ARD would have got the reigns had Rigbsy made the Olympic team. I did kinda feel bad for ARD, she must have assumed Rigsby was a goner when she signed with UW (like we all did), only to shockingly see Rigsby not make it. This is Rigbsy's Sr year and she has played in every game every season, so burnout isn't a problem for her, I thought she'd get all but 3-4 starts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out the rest of the season.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm talking to Rigsby in a few weeks, so this is something I'll address, but Alex was beyond disappointed and let down to have not made the NT and she's playing with a major chip on her shoulder - she feels she's got quite a bit to prove and I think there's a bit of "I'll show you how good I am" going on.

Pure speculation, but I wonder if playing ARD is Johnson's way of giving Rigsby a mental break. My impression is she's put a lot on herself and maybe this is Mark ensuring she's loose and can handle a full long season and doesn't get in her own head too much.
          It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
            Pure speculation, but I wonder if playing ARD is Johnson's way of giving Rigsby a mental break. My impression is she's put a lot on herself and maybe this is Mark ensuring she's loose and can handle a full long season and doesn't get in her own head too much.
            Johnson's history has been that if he felt he had multiple goaltenders that he could trust, he's played all of them. Horras/Dufour in 2003-04, Horras/Dufour/Vetter in 2005-06, and Vetter/Dufour in 2006-07. This year is different in that everyone knows that Rigsby is the No. 1 goalie, but it definitely gives a team more options if the starter struggles or gets injured if the backup is seasoned and ready.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Friday's game will be on FS-Wisconsin.

Comment

• Timothy, Did you even watch the game? If not you should. As one of the fans lucky enough to to be there in person, i can tell you both goalies played well. In fact, the UW goalie was clearly better. Your holier-than-thou attitude is insulting to the athletes that played a great game, on both sides.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Comment

Great news about the game being on tv. Honestly, I can't believe they pulled off getting a game shown from GF. I'm guessing this must be NDs production that fs-w is picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                    Great news about the game being on tv. Honestly, I can't believe they pulled off getting a game shown from GF. I'm guessing this must be NDs production that fs-w is picking up.
                    I'm shocked, too, considering they can't get any men's games on FS-Wisconsin this year besides simulcasts of FS-North and FS-Detroit.

Comment

All of your men's team games are on the BigTenNetwork.
                      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                        All of your men's team games are on the BigTenNetwork.
                        But...they're not...There are plenty of open spaces to be filled locally. The Wisconsin Channel picked up the LSSU series, and hopefully they'll pick up more, but people were expecting FS-Wisconsin to pick up more games.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          But...they're not...There are plenty of open spaces to be filled locally. The Wisconsin Channel picked up the LSSU series, and hopefully they'll pick up more, but people were expecting FS-Wisconsin to pick up more games.
                          Based on what is happening in the market where I live all I can offer is that the main channel for Big Ten men's hockey is BTN. BTN is fairly obviously at this time of year pretty obsessed with bouncy ball. Up here we are also confronted with the other problem that the local FS (FSN here) also carries Timberwolves and Wild. As a result the college hockey not available on BTN doesn't go to the local FSN but gets kicked to something called FSNplus and good luck finding that. I am guessing that maybe FS-Wisconsin doesn't have that back up subchannel.

It sux.

On the plus side we have had live TV on FS something or another of Gophers at UND a couple of times. Up in Grand Forks they respect hockey and seem to care about it. The TV broadcasts of Gophers at UND have featured absolutely top notch production values. In fact, Gophers at Yale this weekend at times which do not conflict with UND v. Wisconsin, I will be scouring all of the various Fox Sports networks available on my cable system to see if I can catch a little Cardinal v. Green.
                          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Based on what is happening in the market where I live all I can offer is that the main channel for Big Ten men's hockey is BTN. BTN is fairly obviously at this time of year pretty obsessed with bouncy ball. Up here we are also confronted with the other problem that the local FS (FSN here) also carries Timberwolves and Wild. As a result the college hockey not available on BTN doesn't go to the local FSN but gets kicked to something called FSNplus and good luck finding that. I am guessing that maybe FS-Wisconsin doesn't have that back up subchannel.

It sux.

On the plus side we have had live TV on FS something or another of Gophers at UND a couple of times. Up in Grand Forks they respect hockey and seem to care about it. The TV broadcasts of Gophers at UND have featured absolutely top notch production values. In fact, Gophers at Yale this weekend at times which do not conflict with UND v. Wisconsin, I will be scouring all of the various Fox Sports networks available on my cable system to see if I can catch a little Cardinal v. Green.
                            We do have FS-WI+, and it has carried Badger hockey games recently. You should be able to get the "plus" channel if you get the basic one. In fact, I watched the Wild game on FS-WI+ tonight!

Comment

Almost all Gopher men's games are televised here in the greater Twin Cities area and over the course of the season they are about evenly split between FSN/FSN+ and BTN. And there are a handful of games on other sports networks, like NBCSN ( see this link for the TV lineup: http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/minn...key/2013-2014/ )

So if you are Gopher men's team fan and live in the area, we are lucky compared to most other teams. My biggest complaint is that it's a very rare occurrence - maybe once or twice in the last few years - when the Gopher women's team gets on TV. I understand it's a ratings/money issue, but just a little TV exposure - especially a few of the big rivalry games away from Ridder - would be appreciated by a growing number of fans.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Almost all Gopher men's games are televised here in the greater Twin Cities area and over the course of the season they are about evenly split between FSN/FSN+ and BTN. And there are a handful of games on other sports networks, like NBCSN ( see this link for the TV lineup: http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/minn...key/2013-2014/ )

So if you are Gopher men's team fan and live in the area, we are lucky compared to most other teams. My biggest complaint is that it's a very rare occurrence - maybe once or twice in the last few years - when the Gopher women's team gets on TV. I understand it's a ratings/money issue, but just a little TV exposure - especially a few of the big rivalry games away from Ridder - would be appreciated by a growing number of fans.
                                That's absolutely true. Heck, even this season, the Badgers are about as well off as plenty of other well-known college hockey programs, even if it's disappointing by our standards, and the Gophers TV package puts ours to shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X