X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...102313aac.html

Nice...

She has already matched her goal and assist totals (in 6 games) from last year. A much needed offensive contribution so far.

Comment

Badgers women's hockey: Changed Brittany Ammerman makes successful return after concussion

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/col...ile_touch=true

Comment

After that Lindenwood goal, something clicked and they started going full speed. The cheap shots can have only fueled the fire. It's too bad they didn't run up the score more.

Comment

Lindenwood is a very chippy team....the dudes in the stripes who are supposed to call that crap failed to do so. The worst instance was Sat. in the 2nd period, a UW player got tackled by 2 Woodies and punched in the face behind the net and Lund just daydreaming he was back at the strip bar or something. I just about jumped over the glass. Hensley was so beatable up high, I think on Saturday UW kinda figured that out and were shooting higher on her. I think missing Packer kinda messed up the flow a bit Sat. Any updates on Packer's condition or is Johnson gonna go Belichick again on info?

Friday night must have been amateur night in the control room, no heritage montage at the beginning and no Varsity between the 2nd and 3rd period. That was disappointing. So much for taking care of the fan experience......

I had a hunch A-RD would be in goal Saturday. She makes me a bit nervous as she's jumpy around the net, but I like her puck handling skills. Any thoughts/perspective on the goal she allowed? I was on the opposite end on the ice.

The Rigsby goal was off a badly whiffed pass which led to a carbon copy of the St. Cloud goal from the week before.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Any word on Madison Packer's Knee injury? She was in terrible pain and on crutches Saturday.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Any word on Madison Packer's Knee injury? She was in terrible pain and on crutches Saturday.
              Ugggh, not good. Hope it is nothing major and she has a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Ugggh, not good. Hope it is nothing major and she has a speedy recovery.
                Per Coach Johnson's press conference yesterday:

Question: What's the status of Madison Packer?

Johnson: I don't know yet, Andy. I know when she came into the rink Saturday she actually had a smile on her face because I think it was a lot better than anybody anticipated it being.

So I'll talk to Denny before practice. I know she probably won't skate today or tomorrow. But I think overall it's better than initially looked like as she was laying on the ice in Friday's game. So that's a real positive.

Badgers do have an off week coming up, so I'm not sure if that may factor into her playing or not. Could sit her for two solid weeks and only miss two games or play her knowing that there is a break coming. UW is pretty tight with their injury news so I don't expect to know anything for sure until I show up to LaBahn on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post

Johnson: I don't know yet, Andy. I know when she came into the rink Saturday she actually had a smile on her face because I think it was a lot better than anybody anticipated it being.

So I'll talk to Denny before practice. I know she probably won't skate today or tomorrow. But I think overall it's better than initially looked like as she was laying on the ice in Friday's game. So that's a real positive.

Badgers do have an off week coming up, so I'm not sure if that may factor into her playing or not. Could sit her for two solid weeks and only miss two games or play her knowing that there is a break coming. UW is pretty tight with their injury news so I don't expect to know anything for sure until I show up to LaBahn on Saturday.
                  Tough kid that has dealt with more than her fair share of injuries, being that she grew up in Michigan I would expect to see her on the ice against Ohio State if she is able to skate at all. Hope it is the case.

Comment

Tough kid that has dealt with more than her fair share of injuries, being that she grew up in Michigan I would expect to see her on the ice against Ohio State if she is able to skate at all. Hope it is the case.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

With it being the only home series of November and tough series at North Dakota & UMD coming sooner than later, it is vital for the Badgers to pick up 6 points this weekend. It'll be interesting to see what they do in goal. Rigsby will almost certainly play Saturday, but might Desbiens get the call on Sunday?

Comment

• Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                        Yeah, I can still see her getting bent like a Bendoes at Lake Placid and torqueing the crap out of her ankle.

Comment

With it being the only home series of November and tough series at North Dakota & UMD coming sooner than later, it is vital for the Badgers to pick up 6 points this weekend. It'll be interesting to see what they do in goal. Rigsby will almost certainly play Saturday, but might Desbiens get the call on Sunday?
                          Possibly, but I think I'd be surprised if I saw Desbiens in goal. Then again, I was surprised to see her in goal against SCSU, because it's been Rigsby all the way for the last couple of years. I was less surprised to see her in goal against Lindenwood because a) she played against SCSU and b) it's Lindenwood.

Comment

I think Johnson would not want to take any chances on losing any league points to OSU, but if UW dominates Saturday, she may play Sunday.

Did anyone see the goal against Desbiens Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Did anyone see the goal against Desbiens Saturday?
                              I did.
                              From what I remember, she came out a little further than she should have (top of the crease) and the puck took a funny bounce. The goal was scored on a double rebound, IIRC. She didn't play it completely wrong, but it wasn't the best, either - it was a play that a rookie struggles with, but a veteran handles better. I think with more ice time, she gets better with how the puck moves at LaBahn and how to anticipate the bounces.

She came out to the top of the crease and the play moved to and past her, which put her back on her heels and eventually on her butt on the ice out of the net. She was trying to be aggressive and the puck bounced funny on her.

I'd say it was a bit of inexperience that was to blame.
                              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                                I did.
                                From what I remember, she came out a little further than she should have (top of the crease) and the puck took a funny bounce. The goal was scored on a double rebound, IIRC. She didn't play it completely wrong, but it wasn't the best, either - it was a play that a rookie struggles with, but a veteran handles better. I think with more ice time, she gets better with how the puck moves at LaBahn and how to anticipate the bounces.

She came out to the top of the crease and the play moved to and past her, which put her back on her heels and eventually on her butt on the ice out of the net. She was trying to be aggressive and the puck bounced funny on her.

I'd say it was a bit of inexperience that was to blame.
                                Thanks for the info. All I could see was that she was on her butt and the other team was happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X