Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    I got a call saying mine is ready to pick up. I didn't request any seat, so I wonder if it's general admission or if they just gave me a spot. Either way, someone else is getting it so I can just go to the student section.
    From what it seems like, most of the 100 level seats are going to be reserved. Anyone here sitting in 108 row P?

Comment

Originally posted by sergio191 View Post
      From what it seems like, most of the 100 level seats are going to be reserved. Anyone here sitting in 108 row P?
      I have 4 tix @ 107 M, 4 @ 101 G & 4 @ 101 H. I screwed up by not ordering in time but at least the G & H are together. The big ? is where will I sit, on the blue line or behind the goal?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Time to get back on track and get some valuable conference points.

While I'm still not sure about the reserved seating policy for Fill the Bowl in general, I do like having a nice block of seats right on the blue line in hand 4 months in advance.

Comment

That was a fun game last night. It is apparent that UW's goal scoring issues are still around this year, they really could have used Pankowski this year, though I was hoping they could have improved enough w/o her. Anyway, seeing 56 sog was a blast and the fact they outshot them 32-1 in the 2nd was awesome. It was a shame scs scored that goal, but it was off a bad turn over right by the goalcrease (a poke check right there might have saved the day), it really was the only sour note the whole night besides being 1-9 on the pp. This was the kind of game a few years ago that would have qualified for a double scoop @ Culvers.

Hopefully McKibbon is ok, that was a nasty hit along the boards there.

I am more than very disappointed the students there didn't join in with our "Gopher rejects" chant.

Comment

That was certainly the most exciting game I've seen from the women in a long time. While they only lit the lamp 4 times, they were much more aggressive and had far more quality scoring opportunities than I've seen in a long time. It would have been nice to seen a few more of them make it into the net, but they had several shots hit metal or just miss by an inch or two, including that wild shot in the second that hit off the cross bar and flew back over the glass, into the stands around the blue line.

I thought Katy Josephs unassisted goal, as the PP expired, was rocket shot from the top of the circles and was one of the best, clean, goals I've seen in a long time. I thought Turnbull also really stepped up as an offensive leader.

The hit to McKibbon was right in front of me and it was nasty. The SCSU player certainly didn't have any malicious intent - you could see she was very concerned right afterward - but it was just a very dangerous play and a no-doubt major penalty. I was amazed to see that McKibbon was back out on the ice before the penalty was over.

The only negative for me, other than perhaps the power play, was the 3rd period. The play got very sloppy and unfocused for much of the final period. The game was never really in doubt, but they took the foot off the gas way too early imho.

Comment

Definitely nice to see the Badgers get back on track with a dominant win over St. Clould. Wisconsin set a program record with 30+ shots on goal in the second period. With that said, they probably should have had several more goals. Great that Josephs net two goals and Berg putting one past her fomer high school teammate.

3rd period kind of devolved into a very chippy 20 minutes. Badgers got sloppy in their own zone giving up the one goal to spoil the potential Risby shutout. That kind of sucked.

The way McKibbon went into the boards, I was fully expecting her to get taken off the ice on a stretcher. Fortunately, after a couple of tense minutes, she got up and actually came back into the game.

No Jenny Ryan again. Whatever the issue, I hope that she can get back on the ice sooner than later as the defense could use the depth and had some shaky moments. Otherwise, I think Turnbull has stepped her game up and like what I see with the three other freshman (Nurse/McKibbon/Channel).

Hopefully, there will be a bigger crowd tonight. Mid-afternoon start might help (especially with Badger football being on TV at night) as will not going up against the UW volleyball team as they were last night.

Let's go get that sweep. Can't squander any league games as it seems that Minnesota doesn't plan on losing any time soon.

Comment

That was a very convincing win. I was surprised to see Desbiens get the start, but they could have probably thrown in any half-competent goalie and won, so it's nice to see her get some experience. Does anyone know if Desbiens or Walters is supposed to be the #2? I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them get more ice time against Lindenwood.

They broke 100 shots on goal for the weekend, too!
                Last edited by WiscDC; 10-19-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Can't squander any league games as it seems that Minnesota doesn't plan on losing any time soon.
                  It's only a matter of time.

Tonight's game vs UMD would have been a canoe tipper if UMD's ability to capitalize on decent opportunities was somewhat higher. There were at least 3 or 4 decent opportunities that might otherwise have been goals.

It might come from a team that few suspect that happens to be jacked for the challenge/opportunity on a night when UM is unconsciously content to play "down" to what they mistakenly perceive/believe is the level of their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    That was a very convincing win. I was surprised to see Desbiens get the start, but they could have probably thrown in any half-competent goalie and won, so it's nice to see her get some experience. Does anyone know if Desbiens or Walters is supposed to be the #2? I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them get more ice time against Lindenwood.

They broke 100 shots on goal for the weekend, too!
                    I thought the Badgers played a more complete game on Saturday. Solid through all three periods. Seemed like their was much more energy in the building. Bigger crowd than Friday (though only by 300 officially).

Really like seeing players like Ammerman and Turnbull stepping up offensively. Their goals were nice snipes. Nothing wrong with hard-fought goals off a rebound, but you need players who can beat a goalie top-shelf if that makes any sense.

Not surprised that Desbiens got the start and fully expect her to play this weekend. Have to pace out Rigsby's minutes, plus she is pretty good in her own right. Hard to say how good Walters is. Just not sure what situation she'll see any playing time barring injuries or garbage time in a rout.

Also cool that they had a few players signing autographs after the Saturday game for the kids. All (McKibbon, Doner, Josephs and Nurse) were very nice to my niece asking if she had a fun time at the game and thanking her for coming to watch them play.

Lastly, I was able to cash in free custard at the Todd Drive Culver's. Cashier didn't even question it, just asked which flavors we wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      Their goals were nice snipes. Nothing wrong with hard-fought goals off a rebound, but you need players who can beat a goalie top-shelf if that makes any sense.
                      I completely agree. I thought that was the biggest difference between Friday and Saturday - they were actually beating the goalie when they got a good rush in on the net, as opposed to just firing it into the goalie's belly. Overall, I thought they actually were crisper on Friday as a team, but the ability to make actually beat the goalie one on one was the big difference.

I actually asked the clerk on Todd Drive if they were still doing the 5 goal, and she flat out said yes. Of course, the great thing about Todd Drive is that they always have a $1 special, and if I would have had to pay a buck for a waffle cone instead of getting a free regular one, I wouldn't have complained.

Comment

Finally took the time to tear open my envelope - we're in Section 109 Row B for Fill the Bowl, so that's pretty nice. I have 8 tickets, I think. Friends weren't super-responsive to my offer of buying tickets and driving them up, but that's what I get for trying to make plans for February in October. Ultimately I figured it's a whole $1 a ticket, so I bought a bunch and will hope to have butts in the seats!
                        It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                          I have 8 tickets, I think. Friends weren't super-responsive to my offer of buying tickets and driving them up, but that's what I get for trying to make plans for February in October. Ultimately I figured it's a whole $1 a ticket, so I bought a bunch and will hope to have butts in the seats!
                          If everyone employs that strategy that could be counterproductive in terms of "Filling the Bowl". Place would be over half empty.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            If everyone employs that strategy that could be counterproductive in terms of "Filling the Bowl". Place would be over half empty.
                            Which is a bad side-effect of the assigned seat, selling tickets in October thing they went with this year. I'm sorry, but it's difficult enough to get people to women's hockey games and this really just made it harder. People aren't committing to things like women's hockey four months in advance. In a lot of ways, the assigned seat thing is counter-productive to what they try to accomplish with Fill the Bowl. I have always loved the concept and it was a great change to introduce skeptics in a really loud, fun, raucous atmosphere. But there's just no way I can get skeptics on board four months in advance. So I had to buy the tickets and hope I can fill them.

If I don't find takers for my seats, I'll do everything in my power to give the tickets away, be it on here or through other avenues - I don't plan to leave the seats empty. But I can't imagine everyone will be that diligent.
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                              Ultimately I figured it's a whole $1 a ticket, so I bought a bunch and will hope to have butts in the seats!
                              I did the same strategy. It's impossible to get folks to commit to an event in February so early, but I'm pretty confident I can fill all 12 of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I did the same strategy. It's impossible to get folks to commit to an event in February so early, but I'm pretty confident I can fill all 12 of mine.
                                I also went ahead and purchased a fair amount of tickets (14). At $1 each, it's not really a risk and if I can't get that many family or friends to go, I should be able to give them away game night. The one big advantage of reserved seating (and buying them this far in advance) is that I'm guaranteed good seats and our group will be sitting together without having to show up extra early to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X