Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    UW has the edge in goal, the ? is can they get enough rubber on the rodent sieve.
    It doesn't help when the "rodent sieve" stops 97% of the rubber thrown her way. And a 33% penalty kill for UW isn't going to help either.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Well, they got enough rubber on the goalie, just not enough through the goalie. From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Badgers did control parts of the game and had a huge edge in shots through 2. No moral victories, but at least a good sign in general as they move forward, starting tomorrow afternoon.

Let's go Red. End the steak and, more importantly, get some valuable conference points.

Comment

To make matters worse, Volleyball and Women's Hockey both have home games at the SAME TIME on Friday! This throws a wrench into my plans.

Comment

Well, I was satisfied in that the games were close from a statistical standpoint. I was a little worried going into the weekend that the Landcows gave UW a lot to handle and the rodents are clearly a better team than them.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I realize that Minnesota is #1 in the country and have the ridiculous winning streak, but it's still a disappointment getting swept assuming that competing for the league title is one of the team's objectives. With first semester road series against Duluth and North Dakota still looming, they have to figure out a way to beat tough competition away from the friendly confines of LaBahn.

With that said, I have this feeling that St. Cloud might be walking into a buzzsaw this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              With that said, I have this feeling that St. Cloud might be walking into a buzzsaw this weekend.
              All depends how the Badgers react after two very disappointing losses in a series that they were really looking forward to. The games against St. Cloud may be closer than you think. By the same token, the Gophers may also find it tougher than they expect this weekend in Bemidji.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                By the same token, the Gophers may also find it tougher than they expect this weekend in Bemidji.
                Especially given that the Minnesota games are in Duluth.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I was hoping to edit before you or brooky caught that...was thinking of the men's team!!!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I was hoping to edit before you or brooky caught that...was thinking of the men's team!!!

I thought the reference was intentional and wasn't sure that the Huskies chances were comparable to the Beavers.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Wel, if you looked at the scorecard they were selling at the Wisconsin games, we're playing in Duluth and Bemidji this weekend.

Comment

The games against St. Cloud may be closer than you think.
                        Very possible, but Ms. Friend (fellow Tonka alum) had better be on top of her game.

Comment

I agree that UW figures to have the upper hand with SCSU coming to town. However, I thought that last year when BSU opened LaBahn, so what do I know.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

...last year when BSU opened LaBahn
                            I have tried to put that series (especially the opener) out of my mind. Those lost points could have cost them a NCAA spot.

I just think the Badgers will be dialed in for this series.

Comment

Fill the Bowl tickets arrived today. It was a pleasant surprise to see they actually listened to my request for seating location, that I put in when ordering a couple extras.

And despite what the season ticket holder note said, tickets say gametime is 7pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                Fill the Bowl tickets arrived today. It was a pleasant surprise to see they actually listened to my request for seating location, that I put in when ordering a couple extras.

And despite what the season ticket holder note said, tickets say gametime is 7pm.
                                I got a call saying mine is ready to pick up. I didn't request any seat, so I wonder if it's general admission or if they just gave me a spot. Either way, someone else is getting it so I can just go to the student section.

Comment

Working...
                                X