Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    The WIBA stream sometimes, but not always, synched with my TV, so I went with that when possible.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...isconsin-minn/
    Read that link from the men's thread. It was that bad. Should have tried another audio source, but I hate any delay...and I was too lazy to try.

Comment

Thank goodness for the Badger women salvaging a little bit of Badger dignity today. However, if told that Wisconsin would be held to one goal and Rigsby would leave the game with an injury, I wouldn't have figured we were getting three points.

Badgers have had Minnesota, North Dakota and UMD all on the road in the first semester. Came out 2-2-2 (1-1 in shoot-outs). Much better than the 1-5 results from last year in those road trips.

Comment

I have also observed Johnson's not a big one for sharing players' status/information, but has any one heard anything about Rigsby's injury/prognosis?

Comment

Originally posted by UWfan View Post
          I have also observed Johnson's not a big one for sharing players' status/information, but has any one heard anything about Rigsby's injury/prognosis?
          Yeah, oh I'm sure we'll know more at the next press conference. Not.

Looking forward to watching some hockey in person Sunday.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Yeah, oh I'm sure we'll know more at the next press conference. Not.

Looking forward to watching some hockey in person Sunday.
            Per today's press conference:

Question: Mark, I'm sure you're expecting this question, but how is Alex Rigsby? Any word on her?

Coach Johnson: No updates right now. I'll get some more information as she gets evaluated again here shortly. But a situation where the unexpected, in our business, happens. We can't control injuries.

As I mentioned, Saturday's game was a very exciting game, and all of a sudden, Alex goes down and comes hobbling off. We call a time out, put Ann in there, give her a few shots to warm up, and she finished the game with a strong performance.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and Alex will be back quickly, but right now I don't have an update.

Fairly predictable answer. Probably won't know much more than that until Friday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post

Fairly predictable answer. Probably won't know much more than that until Friday afternoon.
              Is it not true that HIPAA rules tie the coach's hands on injuries? I think the athlete either has to give specific permission or shares the info herself (which they all do now through social media) before the coach /school can be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                Is it not true that HIPAA rules tie the coach's hands on injuries? I think the athlete either has to give specific permission or shares the info herself (which they all do now through social media) before the coach /school can be specific.
                Legally, yes. That doesn't stop word from spreading in many cases but Wisconsin does seem to be particularly leakproof.

Comment

This again?

Student athletes receiving significant financial aid are required as a condition of receiving that aid to sign an authorization for disclosure of information. They agree in advance to the release of injury information.

Here is a link to the form used by the University of Minnesota.

If injury information is NOT available it is because the coach and institution are trying to NOT give out information which might be of strategic value to upcoming opponents. It has nothing at all to do with HIPAA rights (which have been waived by the athletes).
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                    This again?

Student athletes receiving significant financial aid are required as a condition of receiving that aid to sign an authorization for disclosure of information. They agree in advance to the release of injury information.

Here is a link to the form used by the University of Minnesota.

If injury information is NOT available it is because the coach and institution are trying to NOT give out information which might be of strategic value to upcoming opponents. It has nothing at all to do with HIPAA rights (which have been waived by the athletes).
                    Good to know, thanks for the info.

As far as Johnson goes, the guys really p/o's me with the lack of info on injuries. There's little strategic value to not disclosing the basics of the injury and a rough timeline. It isn't like Bemiji is going to totally change their plan based on Rigsby vs ARD. Fans want to know, fans pay to see the young ladies play. It's not an unreasonable for me to want to know who will be in net this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Good to know, thanks for the info.

As far as Johnson goes, the guys really p/o's me with the lack of info on injuries. There's little strategic value to not disclosing the basics of the injury and a rough timeline. It isn't like Bemiji is going to totally change their plan based on Rigsby vs ARD. Fans want to know, fans pay to see the young ladies play. It's not an unreasonable for me to want to know who will be in net this weekend.
                      My suggestion is to take a deep breath, relax and think about the possibility that Johnson does this less out of a desire for a competitive advantage and more out of a belief that a bunch of college kids should be able to live as private a life as is possible, whatever the legalities are. Come Friday, you'll find out who the goalie is and be out nothing.

Comment

Relax! It is an injury to a goaltender on a Saturday night and the coach doesn't have any info at the Monday press conference. The next game is still 4-1/2 days away!! Are you really that up set? Fans will pay to see the Badger Women play regardless of who is in net! Rigsby is a world class player no doubt, but I am very interested to see what the future will be like with ARD in net. Any experience she gets this year will go a long way towards her future success and the succes of the team over the next few years! In the NHL the starting goaltender sometimes isn't announced until the day of or the day before a game.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                          In the NHL the starting goaltender sometimes isn't announced until the day of or the day before a game.
                          This is the process that Miller has used with the UMD goaltenders in the last number of years...at least, ostensibly. It might be the best way to go about it if it's done with integrity...meaning, if there is nothing else going on under the hood.

Comment

From my understanding, Johnson sometimes shares more during his radio show than during the weekly presser. Maybe he just doesn't like that format?

I would not expect to see Rigsby this weekend. ARD has more than shown herself capable and to give Rigs this week off gives her 4 weeks (presuming practices begin post holidays) to heal and stay off her legs (the report is lower body injury). There's really no good reason for UW to rush Rigs out there and take any chances, IMO
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                              From my understanding, Johnson sometimes shares more during his radio show than during the weekly presser. Maybe he just doesn't like that format?

I would not expect to see Rigsby this weekend. ARD has more than shown herself capable and to give Rigs this week off gives her 4 weeks (presuming practices begin post holidays) to heal and stay off her legs (the report is lower body injury). There's really no good reason for UW to rush Rigs out there and take any chances, IMO

Here's the link to the radio show from last night. About eight minutes in, Johnson says Rigs won't be playing this weekend, expects her to be "100%" when the schedule resumes after XMAS break. Doesn't say anything specific about the exact nature of the problem.

Not great news, but not as bad as it might have been.

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/stat..._Coaches_Shows

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post

I agree, even if they didn't have ARD, who is totally capable at this level, I would not rush Rigsby back.

MJ makes Bill Bellicheck look informative when it comes to injuries.

Too bad they are playing Friday aft instead of Sat. aft, some of us have to work you silly AD......looking forward to Sunday's game.

There's a great article on the WSJ website about Madison Packer.

Comment

Working...
                                X