Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Stupid high school football game.

Comment

nice hockey game so far.

Comment

Third shooter, Turnbull, wins it for the Badgers in the SO. Good game to watch.

Comment

I was surprised even a shootout goal was scored!

Comment

Really an interesting game. North Dakota controlled big chunks of the game, but Rigsby came up big time after time. Handled all three of the shootout attempts and Turnbull's goal was sweet going five-hole. That was a hard fought 2 points. With that said, there is a lot of room for improvement going into tomorrow night.

Couple of things I saw at Englestad that I'd like to see at LaBahn.
            1. A Band
            2. Double-Digit sized student section
            3. Cold Beer

All would greatly add to the atmosphere for Badger women's home games.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              It will take them a while. Badger women look like men.
              Nice one liner, but Simonelli got a haurcut, so it's more appropriate for the sue players.

That was the definition of stealing a game. The sue overall were the better team. UW played almost as good as them in the OT and the first period. Rigbby was a total stud, well, studette. She is so cool and calm and under control, she looked better on tv than in person. I think she can play in the NHL.

My biggest gripe with Johnson's teams over the years is the puck carrier on odd gal rushes almost always shoots and ignores the back door player. Last night there were 2 plays just as described. Please pass the puck.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                My biggest gripe with Johnson's teams over the years is the puck carrier on odd gal rushes almost always shoots and ignores the back door player. Last night there were 2 plays just as described. Please pass the puck.
                I think that is more certain players. People like Bauer and Lawler always made the pass when it was there.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Couple of things I saw at Englestad that I'd like to see at LaBahn.
                  1. A Band
                  2. Double-Digit sized student section
                  All would greatly add to the atmosphere for Badger women's home games.
                  I've wished for games at La Bahn arena to be like men's games at Ritter Arena (RIT). Blatantly terrible officiating is generally what unleashes the passion in the fans at LaBahn. But seriously. A BAND!!! (And giving those walls some character...)

Comment

not bad, get 2 points and you didn't even score a goal
                    attendance=1017 what was going on in grand Forks that was so interesting people wouldn't even go to the game?

as much as I hate to say I told you so:
                    Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    another interesting week coming up
                    WI/UND,
                    Wisconsin IMO has a slightly more consistent/disciplined defense than MN, and despite Leveille's performance to date I don't think she is quite as good as Rigsby
                    so if UND was only able to come up with 4 goals against MN for the weekend, it may very well be even less against the Badgers
                    and the Badgers seem better able to put the puck in the net compared to last year
                    it's not going to be any easier for UND this coming week, but I sure hope they split
                    well, you can't be right about everything

Comment

With the way Friday night went, I tend to think Johnson outcoached Idalsky. UND has some players this year, but Johnson has the women's game figured out IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        With the way Friday night went, I tend to think Johnson outcoached Idalsky. UND has some players this year, but Johnson has the women's game figured out IMO.
                        There's that, plus having a really good goaltender doesn't hurt either!
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Is it just me or does Johnson just not give out any info at all, whether it's recruiting or injuries.....I find it kind of irritating.
                          I've only spoken with him directly a few times now, but yes, I've gotten the impression that coach is not the most forthcoming of people.

But in terms of the signees, I think this is a bit of a perfect storm of the team having been on two long road trips in a row, right before the holiday, so the Athletic Comm folks have been busy. From their side, they're trying to get quotes and info from high schoolers the week before they head into a school break - again, not easy. I have not gotten the impression that this has anything to do with being cagey and everything to do with the team being on the road the the signees being busy high-schoolers.
                          It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            There's that, plus having a really good goaltender doesn't hurt either!
                            Rigsby was so disappointed to not make the Olympic pool and said she's playing with a chip on her shoulder, but we Badger fans couldn't be happier to have her with the team this year. Rigsby will get her shot nationally, but this time around she's have been third on the depth chart and spent a lot of time riding the pine. It's for her own good (and growth) and great for the Badgers that she was left off and is able to captain this team this season. It would be a completely different season with her gone.
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                              Rigsby was so disappointed to not make the Olympic pool and said she's playing with a chip on her shoulder, but we Badger fans couldn't be happier to have her with the team this year. Rigsby will get her shot nationally, but this time around she's have been third on the depth chart and spent a lot of time riding the pine. It's for her own good (and growth) and great for the Badgers that she was left off and is able to captain this team this season. It would be a completely different season with her gone.
                              I agree that she would have kinda been wasting her time on the Olympic team as a back-up, though you never know if you'll get the chance again, you have to go for it.

Awesome to see the gals get a solid win Saturday, at least statistically anyway. I was a little worried the sue would would out-play them again and be p/o'ed about getting stoned Friday. Really great "sweep" on the road.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Anybody have any idea when UW will make an official announcement on the 2014 class of recruits? I noticed on another thread that Minnesota made their announcement today. Just wondering....

Comment

Working...
                                X