Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

I hear it will also be shown on Fox College Sports, for those in a different market, but with the pricier TV packages.

Comment

Originally posted by GC2 View Post
      Timothy, Did you even watch the game? If not you should. As one of the fans lucky enough to to be there in person, i can tell you both goalies played well. In fact, the UW goalie was clearly better. Your holier-than-thou attitude is insulting to the athletes that played a great game, on both sides.
      My comment was simply that by looking at the records of the teams, UW was superior to NE, and while starting the back-up goalie against in inferior team is a common occurance, in women's hockey such a small amount of teams make the ncaa that it was a risk to go that route, especially against an opponent who you have no experience playing. That being said, as discussed previously, ARD is not just any back-up, and Rigbsy just isn't any starter. Plus this being Rigsby's Sr year, I thought she'd get just about every start.

So your saying me calling NE inferior is an insult? Isn't it just a fact? Please answer this question: If UW and NE played 10 times, UW would win at least......
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Johnson's history has been that if he felt he had multiple goaltenders that he could trust, he's played all of them. Horras/Dufour in 2003-04, Horras/Dufour/Vetter in 2005-06, and Vetter/Dufour in 2006-07. This year is different in that everyone knows that Rigsby is the No. 1 goalie, but it definitely gives a team more options if the starter struggles or gets injured if the backup is seasoned and ready.
        Thanks for that - 2006 is really when I started watching in earnest and I was pretty new to hockey, so it was a bit of a blur and I don't have that memory/information to compare.
        It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

I've been meaning to comment on the exhibition game with the Japanese....Did anyone else find is highly amusing that the Color Guard for the National Anthem was from the Navy's ROTC program? I didn't think the flower children of Madison had that in them to "in your face" the Japanese like that.

Humongous series this weekend, there's a lot on the line taking on the Suezie Q's. It's awesome it's on TV Friday. That's the women 1, men 1, pretty pathetic for the men's team.

Comment

So asst. coach Friesen tweeted the 2014 signing class yesterday, but there's been nothing else forthcoming from the university. I expected a press release by now, but with nothing forthcoming, I wrote up what info I did have/find on the list of players she named:

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...y-2014-commits

Comment

So asst. coach Friesen tweeted the 2014 signing class yesterday, but there's been nothing else from the university. I expected a press release by now, but with nothing forthcoming, I wrote up what info I did have/find on the list of players she named:

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                .... [Rigsby] has played in every game every season....
                During her Freshman year, she was splitting time with Becca Ruegsegger, with Ruegsegger still getting starts as late as February (though as the season wore on, it was more Rigs than Becca, and with Rigs getting the more 'high pressure' starts).

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                  So asst. coach Friesen tweeted the 2014 signing class yesterday, but there's been nothing else from the university. I expected a press release by now, but with nothing forthcoming, I wrote up what info I did have/find on the list of players she named:

****, that's an impressive class

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post

Is it just me or does Johnson just not give out any info at all, whether it's recruiting or injuries.....I find it kind of irritating.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised, if not shocked, that the women's team is getting a live Friday night game on Fox Sports Wisconsin. As it's been mentioned several times on this thread since, the men's team has had spotty TV coverage so far this year. Hopefully, this will a sign to come of seeing the team on TV for some high-profile games.

Appreciate North Dakota slowing Minnesota's distance in the conference standings, but the Badgers have to take advantage of it. Needless to say, this is a huge series for both of these teams to stay within reasonable striking distance of the Gophers.

Comment

Is it just me or does Johnson just not give out any info at all, whether it's recruiting or injuries.....I find it kind of irritating.
                        The athletic department, as a whole, is very tight with disclosing injury information. I'm guessing one of the big factors why we hear more about the injuries from the other sports is that there are press members constantly following up trying to get specifics and other updates. I could be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                          Pleasantly surprised, if not shocked, that the women's team is getting a live Friday night game on Fox Sports Wisconsin. As it's been mentioned several times on this thread since, the men's team has had spotty TV coverage so far this year. Hopefully, this will a sign to come of seeing the team on TV for some high-profile games.

Appreciate North Dakota slowing Minnesota's distance in the conference standings, but the Badgers have to take advantage of it. Needless to say, this is a huge series for both of these teams to stay within reasonable striking distance of the Gophers.
                          I think "shocked" is the right word. I'm not surprised when BTN picks up a women's hockey game involving 2 Big Ten teams, but this FCS and FS-WI madness is something else!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            I think "shocked" is the right word. I'm not surprised when BTN picks up a women's hockey game involving 2 Big Ten teams, but this FCS and FS-WI madness is something else!
                            Maybe they think it's a men's game and when they realize it's a women's game they'll pull it for more "Becoming Wild" episodes.

Comment

Maybe they think it's a men's game and when they realize it's a women's game they'll pull it for more "Becoming Wild" episodes.
                              It will take them a while. Badger women look like men.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                It will take them a while. Badger women look like men.
                                Badgers usually don't let me get close enough to tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X