Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2013-2014 Season

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I like the look of Badger jersey's in the background with the wearers' heads slumped in dejection as players wearing Gopher jerseys celebrate -- but then, nobody is claiming that I'm sane.
    Wow....that's quite the kick in the nuts for a women's poster, are you channeling your inner Dirty? I suppose someone from Clarkson could say the same....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Wow....that's quite the kick in the nuts for a women's poster, are you channeling your inner Dirty?
      No, I was replying to you, so when in Rome … Don't worry, I've seen the Badgers posing with trophies on Minnesota ice enough times to know how quickly the skate can be on the other foot.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Well, no response on the band emails yet. I may have to drill down UW's music dept list or just wait until school is out in a month and hope for a bite then when there's less food in the water.

Comment

Doing a little prelim research for a road trip this upcoming season, it looks like Mankato is the closest (timewise) after Minneapolis. Not knowing much about the city layout in rodentsota, I thought perhaps Duluth would be the next closest. Interestingly, Columbus and Bemiji are just about the same, 8 hrs, with Grand Forks only 1 hr further away. We're targetting Mankato so we could say hi to Fabio, one of thier coaches. He actually personally invited us when we chatted in the concourse during the playoffs. It would be funny to show up there. I'm sure he'd remember my cape wearing son. We'd be more inclined to sit behind the UW bench than the kato one. Anyway, it's only 1 take on gas to get there in the fuel sipping Focus. Now we just have to patiently wait for the schedule to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Now we just have to patiently wait for the schedule to come out.
            Unofficially in Mankato 1/30 (7pm); 1/31 (3pm).

They will likely still be playing at All Seasons, but may be at the Verizon Center if the bond funding gets approved. Verizon Center has a walkway from the Hilton downtown so you may want to wait to make reservations.

Comment

T.T. Cianfarano is no longer committed to Wisconsin. She confirmed today she is now looking into Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Northeastern and Quinnipiac.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                T.T. Cianfarano is no longer committed to Wisconsin. She confirmed today she is now looking into Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Northeastern and Quinnipiac.

LINK
                Holy cr-p. This will be even worse if she lands within the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Holy cr-p. This will be even worse if she lands within the conference.
                  Just not the rodents or UMD........this sucks BAD.

I'd love to know her reason.....could it be academics?

This sucks BAD, did I mention that? What a kick in the nuts.

Comment

I'd love to know her reason.....could it be academics?
                    Did you read the article?

Comment

If academics are the reason for Cianfirano for not coming to UW then how will she get into Minnesota? Aren't their requirements similar to UW's? Anyway, despite losing her I still believe the incoming class of 2014-2015 is one of the strongest in the country. I have seen 4 of the 5 players in action over the last two years and they are all very talented. Coach Johnson could put the three forwards - Pankowski, Wellhausen, and Clark together and they would be a fomidable line -AS FRESHMEN! Rolfes IMO is the best incoming defenseman in the country and Williams offers size and strength as well. This will be an exciting group to watch as they mature over the years!

Comment

Just not the rodents or UMD........this sucks BAD.

This sucks BAD, did I mention that? What a kick in the nuts.
                        This thread has gotten quite a bit more interesting of late.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                          If academics are the reason for Cianfirano for not coming to UW then how will she get into Minnesota? Aren't their requirements similar to UW's?
                          Yes, but similar doesn't necessarily mean exactly the same. A lot of universities have a list of specific courses that need to be taken that don't match up with other schools. So it's possible to qualify at one place and not qualify at another that's roughly similar.

That said, my guess is that there's something else going on here. That's particularly true since the article didn't actually quote anyone when it said academics were the issue. It pretty much just implied that they were without really pinning it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Did you read the article?
                            Ok, I missed the first line in the article. I was so shocked I could barely read what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                              If academics are the reason for Cianfirano for not coming to UW then how will she get into Minnesota?
                              My understanding is that Wisconsin places a greater emphasis on test scores whereas Minnesota relies more on high school curriculum and grades. Someone very close to me was accepted at Wisconsin (and all other schools she applied to, including Michigan) but was wait-listed at Minnesota. I'm sure there are countless other examples where the reverse would be true, as each individual situation is different.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                Yes, but similar doesn't necessarily mean exactly the same. A lot of universities have a list of specific courses that need to be taken that don't match up with other schools. So it's possible to qualify at one place and not qualify at another that's roughly similar.

That said, my guess is that there's something else going on here. That's particularly true since the article didn't actually quote anyone when it said academics were the issue. It pretty much just implied that they were without really pinning it down.
                                There's nothing else going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X