• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU v tEC

Tidbits:
    • A bit chillier than last game, but bearable
    • Only 300 fannies in the stands at the anthem ... perhaps 500 total
    • DeMelo was dressed, but wasn't needed. Evidently recovered from his malady
    • Burnell left the ice holding his wrist after the 1st shift, but returned a few shifts later, fans exhaled
    • 7/11/16 line created good pressure all night
    • No penalties in the 1st period! only 2 all night
    • Four or five wide open pretty chances that were missed or whiffed, but scored on 5 really ugly goals
    • Very clean game ... no after-the-whistle-bullcrap
    • Owczarczak (ex-Eagle) left the game with a limp arm, and didn't return
    • 2nd clean sheet in 3 years (other was against a fledgling Naz)
    • In the 2nd, Meredith resorted to a gimmick (M'ville) tactic of forechecking 1, and dropping 4 guys back to the blueline to force the dump-n-chase. Not a fan.

Scoring:
    1. E1 - Strale seemed to bank the shot off the back of the goalie from behind the net
    2. E2 - Owen's first; a blind / wild shot from the left point that eluded 3 defenders, and which the goalie or Owen never saw
    3. E3 - Through a ton of traffic from the high slot - goalie saw too late, and after which was summarily pulled
    4. E4 - PP Whittle in a crowd with an around the body backhand which the goalie wasn't expecting
    5. E5 - Collins? on the fore-check, full-out dive from behind, knocks the puck away, and creates a 2 on 1
    Last edited by elbojpb; 11-19-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Not sure how Fredonia beat Oswego as EC was all over them most of the night. I was impressed by the effort tonight, and it needs to continue this weekend.
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

• Re: Elmira College 2013-14

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        Not sure how Fredonia beat Oswego as EC was all over them most of the night. I was impressed by the effort tonight, and it needs to continue this weekend.
        Oswego lost to Fredonia because they are a young and unpredictable, It kind of keeps you on the edge of your seat.
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Name me one DIII that could get it done with 5.....
          Really? Still at this? I tried being nice and its my opinion. I refuse to debate with you about this.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
            Not sure how Fredonia beat Oswego as EC was all over them most of the night. I was impressed by the effort tonight, and it needs to continue this weekend.
            I hear ya...its the same way elmira only lost to Utica by 1 in Utica, then got crushed by Brockport and Oswego,,ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
              Really? Still at this? I tried being nice and its my opinion. I refuse to debate with you about this.
              Thanks, that answers it very clearly...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Could anyone makes sense of the Freddy Time Out? All the players went to the bench then immediately back to hang out in front of their net area. There couldn't have been time to discuss anything from the Coach.
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

• Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                  Could anyone makes sense of the Freddy Time Out? All the players went to the bench then immediately back to hang out in front of their net area. There couldn't have been time to discuss anything from the Coach.
                  More than likely the coach wanted the same players on the ice so it was a way to rest them. Timeouts are used for this many times.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jconnor View Post

He called it to get a new line out there after the icing
                    GO EC GO

Comment

I think he means why did they go to the net and not stay at the bench.

Comment

I just believe he did it to put the new line out there that's it cause like he said they literally skated to the bench new line came out an went out on the ice. ready for the faceoff
                        GO EC GO

Comment

On the goal that was waved off last night because the whistle had blown did anyone at all hear a whistle cause I didn't hear one but I was at the other end of the ice at that point
                          GO EC GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
                            On the goal that was waved off last night because the whistle had blown did anyone at all hear a whistle cause I didn't hear one but I was at the other end of the ice at that point
                            Nope, and I wasnt too far from that end of the arena.
                            2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                            2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
                            2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                            2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
                            2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                            2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                            2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
                            2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

I have a video of it but I haven't had a chance to review it yet. I heard that the ref stated that he'd lost sight of the puck and was in the process of bringing his whistle to his mouth to blow the play dead. So even if the puck was in the net prior to anyone hearing it that is a legitimate call.
                              Last edited by cosmo46; 11-24-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Here is the video of the the goal that wasn't. It looks like the ref made the right call. You can see him bringing his whistle to his mouth before the light goes on but doesn't blow it until slightly after. I'd say it was the right call. He never signaled goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmStFwYP-m4

Comment

Working...
                                X