Clear All

Re: Elmira College 2013-14

Whose all going up tonight?
    GO EC GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
      I will be there tonight... I have bar open duties in the booster-club lounge. Anyone who is a booster member, come down and introduce yourself.

here comes the boss!

Comment

Yep, will be there!
        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Yep, will be there!

Comment

I've only missed 5 home games since 1978. You know I'll be there.

Comment

(raises hand)...I'll be there
              2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
              2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
              2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
              2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
              2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
              2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
              2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
              2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

Re: Elmira College Roster

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                11 transfers on Cortland's roster. The Red Dragons are all about the sloppy seconds...
                Cortland is the last exit for sure. I guess if you don't want to recruit, you can just wait by the phone to sign up some malcontents. We could go on and on why that team will never do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ECfansince'84 View Post
                  (raises hand)...I'll be there
                  You mean I have to put up with you for another year?

Comment

Neumann! v Elmira

EC's 41st season of men's hockey - the ceiling's a bit darker than 1973, but it's all good to commence another season.
                    • My estimate is 1100 fans in the stands. Pretty good considering the Jackals were home, and last season ended on a sour note.
                    • EC is very balanced on all four lines. No superstars (yet) and no obvious liabilities (yet)
                    • Eriksson took a hitting from behind midway through one, so the D became a bit stretched.
                    • Lines: Whittle/Burnell/Strale - Sumi/Herold/Shinkaruk - Depp/Collins/tenVaanholt - Ciampichini/Taulien/Balaban
                    • From the program: "deMelo is set to take over the primary goaltender responsibilites ..." Magliocco started and performed quite well!
                    • 1st period was played at a different speed (faster) than periods 2&3 which were choppy
                    • 4 on-ice officials, and they still couldn't get to the blue lines consistency to call off-sides. Ice is too crowded.
                    • Neumann's! special teams need some work
                    • NU has a couple of rapid-rabbits, but they're very small
                    • EC hit hard and often throughout. NU was conspicuously ducking checks toward game's end
                    • EC's defense still has some issues, but is much improved from last season's version

Goals
                    1. EC - PP 10 banged home a big rebound
                    2. EC - 21 off a mad scramble in the crease
                    3. EC - PP EC gives up a 2 on 1 which is stuffed, and the goalie outlets a great pass initiating a 3 on 1
                    4. NU - Shot from point ... redirected and hit a post and the crossbar
                    5. NU - PP initially stopped but trickled through the legs
                    6. EC - ENG

Comment

Was very happy with wat I saw tonight for the first game of the year always good to win the first one. special teams in goin to be big this year an scoring like we did on the power play twice tonight should be a big confidence boost. defense was are biggest problem last year an tonight I was most impressed wid the all around team play on defense really pluging up the shooting lanes an a lot of shots that were taking were blocked cause of how well we clogged the lanes tonight. if that continues I like are chances to be very successful this season an get back to are winning ways an go after the league title again. freshman goalie was also pretty impressive liked the way he handled him self an made a couple big saves on some really decent chances that I don't kno if demelo would have gotten to first goal hit almost everything it could before it went in it seems an the second he should have been able to have but it happens. all an all happy with first game hopefully the teams conditioning improves last ten of the 3rd we seemed dead an let them climb back in the game but held strong at the end to seal the deal which is something we will need to be able to do moving forward
                      GO EC GO

Comment

EC's Youtube Channel

Postgame Interview with Jarryd tvh

Comment

Re: EC's Youtube Channel

good to see a 1st game win for the eagles

Comment

Post game reactions:

EC couldn't handle M'Ville's trap, and it resulted in numerous turnovers. On top of that, EC was called on another 5 minute major for Boarding, which resulted in two Valiant goals. The refs need to be more consistent with these calls though. Two nights in a row, they don't initially call the penalty, but wait until the next whistle to make the call.

Good crowd, and the team looks good in my opinion. They need to learn how to play against the trap though!
                            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Ma'ville v EC

Arlen brings his band of merry thugs to the Domes for another vitriolic clash where he's yet to lose as coach. Quite a few scuffles as is the custom when these teams meet.
                              • Not blaming the loss on referring, but John Everett is the absolutely worst referee in organized sports. I can't believe he's not been relegated to working High School. Called yet another trip/dive which he resorts to every game he works because he's absolutely clueless. He likely called 80% of the calls tonight. His partner should have stayed home.
                              • Blatant hit from behind was not called (Arlen went berzerk), make-up call on a hit racing to beat an icing, and EC buys another fatal major, and lost a player for the game 5 minutes in. [frustrating]
                              • The choice of music at the Domes this year is bizarre. Sounds like records being played backwards.
                              • The freshman Magliocco in net again. Despite the score, solid performance especially during the major.
                              • Ma'ville played exceptional team defense - hustled back on every rush - gave up no odd-man rushes - forced everything to the boards and gave up primarily harmless acutely angled shots
                              • EC was finishing every check in the 1st - not so much in the 2nd - seemed gassed from all the penalty killing

Scoring
                              1. M1 - PP (major) goalie made initial save, laid down to ice the puck, but it wasn't under him
                              2. M2 - PP (major) Sal makes initial stop, but allows a juicy rebound
                              3. E1 - tVH from behind the goal to a crashing Love
                              4. E2 - PP perfect pass from tvh to Burnell through the crease (tvh is a magician with his hockey stick)
                              5. M3 - Mad scramble in front with both the goalie and a d'man sprawled in front
                              6. M4 - Bad turnover in front of the net

Comment

Originally posted by jim32 View Post
                                I will be there tonight... I have bar open duties in the booster-club lounge. Anyone who is a booster member, come down and introduce yourself.
                                wish I could!
                                thanks for being a booster for all these years

Comment

Working...
                                X