• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elmira College 2013-14

I'm headed to the domes now
    GO EC GO

Comment

Day 1 Scrimmage

No rosters and lots of duplicate sweater numbers, so identification was a bit of a challenge. Some guys have obviously not taken the Summer off ... some weren't quite so sharp. Some flashes of light, some rays of darkness. A couple of new big bodies on the blue line, and a couple of rabbits up front. A bit of feisty play, testiness and emotion which was good to see.

Only time will tell how this group of young men matures into a team.

Comment

I was able to buy my EC jersey #17. Id post a pic but Im not able to host it

Comment

they did have a midnight skate

Comment

I was getting ready to make my picks for the first week of ECAC-West pick 'em, the original D-III pick 'em game, and ran smack into the two Elmira games. Have no idea what to expect and will be looking forward the seeing the outcome of EC's games against Neumann and Manhattanville.
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              I was getting ready to make my picks for the first week of ECAC-West pick 'em, the original D-III pick 'em game, and ran smack into the two Elmira games. Have no idea what to expect and will be looking forward the seeing the outcome of EC's games against Neumann and Manhattanville.
              Im awful at the Pick Ems because I pick EC no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                Im awful at the Pick Ems because I pick EC no matter what
                But that works real well when they win!
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

love the Skate with an Eagle pictures on Facebook. Would love to get one of those EC hats. If anyone goes to games and would grab one for me please hit me. Ill cost all the cost obviously

Comment

Re: Purple & Gold Game

I see 6 freshman made the team. Seems about right. I see a Plattsburgh transfer which is curious to me.
                    Should be a good year. I’m happy with the EC leadership and on paper freshman look strong. I’m a big fan of Coach Saul so I’m excited for the season to start

Comment

Re: Purple & Gold Game

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                      I see 6 freshman made the team. Seems about right. I see a Plattsburgh transfer which is curious to me.
                      Should be a good year. I’m happy with the EC leadership and on paper freshman look strong. I’m a big fan of Coach Saul so I’m excited for the season to start
                      There have been a couple Plattsburgh to Elmira transfers over the years. The big one that I recall being Justin Joy back in the mid-2000's.
                      Hopefully EC can have a bounce back season after a very uncharacteristic year last year across the board.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Elmira College Roster
                        • Milne and Jay Kenney, Justin Dicks and Brad Mitchell seem to be the only missing players from last year's roster.
                        • Interestingly, Jay Kenney now appears on Cortland's (the new destination for disgruntled transfers?) roster with a new name, height, weight and hometown!?
                        • Only two goalies listed ... the loss of the kid to UAH may hurt a bit.
                        • Also of interest is the contrast between the D3hockey.com recruits listing, and those that actually appeared. BTW - Nice preseason write-ups on the other site.

Comment

Good write up here.

Includes links for video, pics, and schedule.
                          Last edited by jim32; 10-30-2013, 06:41 AM.

here comes the boss!

Comment

cool, but the video seems to be set on "private".

Comment

here we go!!!! Big day
                              Go EC!

youi guys see this preview? Love that they are doing this stuff

http://athletics.elmira.edu/news/201...029134152.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6c04yZuhI#t=25
                              Last edited by ballgame; 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Re: Elmira College Roster

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                                Cortland (the new destination for disgruntled transfers?)
                                11 transfers on Cortland's roster. The Red Dragons are all about the sloppy seconds...

Comment

Working...
                                X