Elmira College 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
    there is no way we are getting a bid. even if we win the west tourney.
    Utica is/was the only team with a shot but their loss last weekend didn't do them any favors. I just don't see an ECAC West team getting in this year.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Elmira College 2013-14

I didn't say anything about a bid, I was talking about the shot totals. It would be nice to get a win this Saturday at the Dome.
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        I didn't say anything about a bid, I was talking about the shot totals. It would be nice to get a win this Saturday at the Dome.
        it would be nice to win a National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
          it would be nice to win a National Championship.
          Yes it would but, it will never happen.
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

• Originally posted by jconnor View Post
            Yes it would but, it will never happen.
            What do u think EC needs? We have cetainly been there but just can't complete the task. We have had our chances. Is it recruiting? Coaching? Defense? Bigger fan support would give a better boost too.

Comment

What do u think EC needs? We have cetainly been there but just can't complete the task. We have had our chances. Is it recruiting? Coaching? Defense? Bigger fan support would give a better boost too.
              Move to the First Arena would be a start IMHO if/when the Jackals move out.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                RIT is moving out of Ridder !

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  We have already played a Semi-Final game at First Arena, didn't help out that time and I am not convinced it ever will. Discipline is a major factor, check the penalty stats. I really haven't seen that "Killer Instinct" in an EC team for a long time. Not sure if it's Coaching, or something else, what ever is going on is not working at all. I really haven't seen much of a "Change in game plan" either, seems like every team we play can read us like a book, very seldom do you see a man in front of the net for extended periods of time, usually only go to the net if he thinks he's getting a pass, so many missed opportunities because no one was there for the rebounds.
                  It's very frustrating being long time fan, seeing the talent (wasted)?
                  I predict Saturday's game will be the last for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                    We have already played a Semi-Final game at First Arena, didn't help out that time and I am not convinced it ever will. Discipline is a major factor, check the penalty stats. I really haven't seen that "Killer Instinct" in an EC team for a long time. Not sure if it's Coaching, or something else, what ever is going on is not working at all. I really haven't seen much of a "Change in game plan" either, seems like every team we play can read us like a book, very seldom do you see a man in front of the net for extended periods of time, usually only go to the net if he thinks he's getting a pass, so many missed opportunities because no one was there for the rebounds.
                    It's very frustrating being long time fan, seeing the talent (wasted)?
                    I predict Saturday's game will be the last for this season.
                    Some of the points you bring up are part of the reasons why my Dad stopped going.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Is Daniel Webster college a candidate for the West?

Comment

Overall I find the EC games boring, with a few really top notch games thrown in now and then.

Inconsistency is the only constant.

Comment

They won’t move to the First Arena unless the lease is too good to pass up. And that won’t happen. Its cost the college a ton of money to run both men and women’s programs. Ice cost is a huge part of that. When I was head coach of Saint Josephs University in the ACHA my budget was $80,000 and we only practiced 2 days a week (2.5 hrs a week). Can only imagine what EC cost for both is.
                          I haven’t been back since I grad so can’t speak to condition of the Domes. But we packed em in when I played and it was special there. It’s one reason I went to EC.

I agree with somethings listed below and disagree with others. I will say that you can’t compare today to years past. It’s a completely different game.
                          Some general comments from a couple hundred of miles away. Ill agree PIMs are absolutely unacceptable. If they are taking bad PIMs that has to stop. Only way to stop it is with ice time.
                          The game I saw at NU had lots of in game adjustments made. Especially on the PK. So can only comment on the game I saw.

For recruiting all these kids are coming from top programs. Should be able to step in and play. All the top Jr A players go DI. That middle pool of Jr A players go DIII. For the most part. If you think big picture that pool is mostly the same. All good players with each have something unique. You recruit based on the team needs and character. The coaches will start looking for players to fill holes from who is leaving. But you don’t replace the player leaving because you have kids moving up a year to replace them. It’s a skill and relationship driven process.

For my SJU team we ran 1-2-2 forecheck. A 2-1-2 passive. And a 1-3-1. All based on who we were playing. Our d-zone philosophy was one pass and out. If its not there you clear it and set up forecheck. Nuetral zone was one thing and one thing only. You get through it north and south. No fooling around. No east west. And O zone was center drive. Always had triangular support which means we would pass the puck to create time and space. Wouldn’t force plays and used the half wall a lot. If you can see the net you shoot the puck. Didn’t want anyone alone trying to dangle people because its impossible to support someone like that. Sounds good right? Did they do this all the time? heck no! I had to do lots of chalk. But less is more.
                          I was very system heavy because I didn’t have high end talent. Need to play a position game and pick my spots on the ice we would attack. It worked well. I assume the EC coaches do the same.

Anyway. I get upset when I hear people talk about not going. The fans are just as important as the players. Please dont stop. A lot of you have been going for a long time. It means a lot and I thank you for your support.
                          I don’t know what the answers are. I just want an EC team that competes for an ECAC West title. We have a strong history of NCAA Tounrey bids in past decade. Big picture the program is strong. Just need to make sure we are trending the right way. I have faith in Coach Saul. He was a great teammate and now a great coach.

Go EC!

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                            Overall I find the EC games boring, with a few really top notch games thrown in now and then.

Inconsistency is the only constant.
                            That stinks!
                            Youve been on this board for 12 years! Jan 02 with 3,000 posts. Most of them EC posts. Good work!

Comment

I have seen a lot of growth in these guys since last year. Discipline and maturity have improved. One problem with comparing current teams to yesteryear is that the overall talent in D3 isn't what it was years ago due to the late 90's expansion of D1. That talent now tends to have a lot more D1 options. We have need for more improvement but overall I'm pleased with the growth I've seen.

Comment

• Cracking the next level

What do u think EC needs?
                                1. Broken record ... the team should move downtown. Student support is non-existent at the MAC. Check the record of how long it takes a program to win a National Championship after building a new arena. An attractive barn full of coeds and drunk fans is a powerful recruiting tool (see Utica), but that would cost the college money.
                                2. Coaching stability. Too many coaching changes too quickly break the recruitment rhythm, but coaches won't stay for peanuts. Compare the longevity and tenure of both head and assistant coaches at the successful programs. Or count the number of suits behind St Norbert's bench in Lewiston, but that would cost the college money.
                                3. Lower tuition, or better (legal) tuition incentives for players, but that would cost the college money.
                                4. More attractive majors (not the penalty type) for the typical male athlete, but that would cost the college money.
                                5. More recruitment (not really sure how much is done now) can't hurt, but that would cost the college money.
                                6. Edit: An ECAC/W autobid, but that would cost some college money.

In my humble opinion, it's all about the money .. the more that is invested, the better the program does.

PS .. Don is correct. The level of skill at D3 isn't what it was 15 years ago. Some of the varsity players today couldn't crack a JV or club lineup from the prior century.
                                Last edited by elbojpb; 03-01-2014, 07:12 AM. Reason: added the all important autobid

Comment

Working...
                                X