Elmira College 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elmira College 2013-14

And here is the game winner with .07 seconds left on the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJAuMUsBoRk

Comment

• Re: Naz v. EC

had a recent EC alum in my USA Hockey class. Rob Thompson '10. Nice guy and was great catching up with someone from EC. Arent many in my area.

Comment

Help!!!!
        My flight to Buffalo was canceled. I'm about to rent a car and drive 7 hours to Fredonia. Before I spend the time and $ I want to make sure the game is still on tonight. Please message here or call or text me at 619-829-2281.
        The sooner I hear the sooner I can get on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo46 View Post
          Help!!!!
          My flight to Buffalo was canceled. I'm about to rent a car and drive 7 hours to Fredonia. Before I spend the time and $ I want to make sure the game is still on tonight. Please message here or call or text me at 619-829-2281.
          The sooner I hear the sooner I can get on the road.
          Its cold but no snow. Buffalo is/has been getting blizzard like conditions and the tug hill area could see up to 80" by tomorrow but here in the Finger Lakes is just -8 with a -30 something windchill. Parts of I90 are closed however so you might need alternate routes.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Steve
            If you have not left - stay home. From the game thread

EC vs Fredonia has been postponed till 1/21/14

Have fun at Fenway!

Everyone - don't call him, he knows. The coach called him.
            Last edited by joecct; 01-07-2014, 09:57 AM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Geneseo v EC

Well color me a bit pleasantly surprised! An also-ran embarrasses one of the big boys. Doubt anyone in the pick'em got this one right.
              • Crowd was tiny before the game, but blossomed nicely to ~800 by mid first
              • New name on the roster - Travis Meyer '17 from Hawksbury
              • Ice seemed to be really bad. Choppy passes, weird bounces, lots of tumbles
              • Genny seemed to dominate the first period, but EC did a nice job of Rope a Doping
              • Brian Depp played out of his mind. Hit everything on the ice that wasn't gold... even a ref. Single handedly stopped a SH breakaway from behind. Brilliant - even Feola-esque!
              • Genny was clearly the faster team, but EC battered them into submission.
              • Heard Schulz scream over to the other bench "Saulie, knock it off"

Scoring
              • EC1 - 11 knocked in a huge rebound from 16's shot
              • EC2 - 10 loose in the crease, perfect pass from 9
              • EC3 - Two on One - Perfect pass 14 from 22
              • GS1 - PP puck slides through a screen after a BS call for goalie interference when the goalie was 50 feet from his goal
              • EC4 - PP - Tic Tac Toe 19-16-7
              • EC5 - 7 fights through a check on the half-boards, hits 10 who scores on a one-hand back-hand

Here's hoping the tide is turning and this group is maturing/developing into their potential.

Comment

Anyone else making the short trip up to cortland for the game?
                GO EC GO

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
                  Anyone else making the short trip up to cortland for the game?
                  I am planning on making the trip.
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

• EC vs Cortland (egads!)

A rousing 127 fans got to see some of the worst hockey I've ever seen; even Feola couldn't put a bow on this carnage.
                    • The music selection is absolutely atrocious. No rhyme or rhythm to what was played
                    • David left the game 3 minutes in on one leg. Never returned. Without arguably two of their best d-men, the remainder of the season should be an adventure defensively.
                    • EC played the remainder of the game (again) with only 5 D which isn't a recipe for quality hockey
                    • Penalties, penalties, and then more penalties ... makes for an even worse contest
                    • Burnell got gamer for nearly taking their tender's head off
                    • EC missed half a dozen 1 on goalie opportunities
                    • Eleven give aways in the defensive zone caused Sal some discomfort
                    • The ice was absolutely terrible. A dozen times players wiped out between the red and blue lines. Even the goalie wiped out on the way to the bench during a delayed penalty
                    • Zamboni never got near the boards, so large mounds of ice collected. Puck took crazy bounces off the boards. 1st Cortland goal was a direct result of a hard around deflecting off one of the icebergs!
                    • Cortland lists nine (9) transfers on its roster from other colleges
                    • The West end net came off the pegs a dozen times.
                    • Game lasted an intolerable 2½ hours
                    • Dashers are painted a dark dark blue. Impossible to follow the puck around the boards!
                    • EC couldn't capitalize on two 5x3 PPs, but cashed in on 3 of 6 altogether

I believe I've made my last road trip to Cortland.

Comment

• Re: EC vs Cortland (egads!)

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      A rousing 127 fans got to see some of the worst hockey I've ever seen; even Feola couldn't put a bow on this carnage.
                      • The music selection is absolutely atrocious. No rhyme or rhythm to what was played
                      • David left the game 3 minutes in on one leg. Never returned. Without arguably two of their best d-men, the remainder of the season should be an adventure defensively.
                      • EC played the remainder of the game (again) with only 5 D which isn't a recipe for quality hockey
                      • Penalties, penalties, and then more penalties ... makes for an even worse contest
                      • Burnell got gamer for nearly taking their tender's head off
                      • EC missed half a dozen 1 on goalie opportunities
                      • Eleven give aways in the defensive zone caused Sal some discomfort
                      • The ice was absolutely terrible. A dozen times players wiped out between the red and blue lines. Even the goalie wiped out on the way to the bench during a delayed penalty
                      • Zamboni never got near the boards, so large mounds of ice collected. Puck took crazy bounces off the boards. 1st Cortland goal was a direct result of a hard around deflecting off one of the icebergs!
                      • Cortland lists nine (9) transfers on its roster from other colleges
                      • The West end net came off the pegs a dozen times.
                      • Game lasted an intolerable 2½ hours
                      • Dashers are painted a dark dark blue. Impossible to follow the puck around the boards!
                      • EC couldn't capitalize on two 5x3 PPs, but cashed in on 3 of 6 altogether

I believe I've made my last road trip to Cortland.
                      At least you were probably really warm!
                      Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                      2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Very impressed with the win tonight held strong late when the Lakers were coming hard..... Sal I can't say enough bout him tonight he has impressed me so far this season as a freshmen....powerplay was lacking tonight... but in the end a win over a team like this could be just wat we need to push us to a very strong finish
                        GO EC GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
                          Very impressed with the win tonight held strong late when the Lakers were coming hard..... Sal I can't say enough bout him tonight he has impressed me so far this season as a freshmen....powerplay was lacking tonight... but in the end a win over a team like this could be just wat we need to push us to a very strong finish
                          Elmira seems to be soaring second half, Nazareth looked good last night, your conference tournament is going to be interesting
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

• Oswego v EC
                            • With only 5 healthy D, Balaban fills in the 6th spot. Diidn't do half bad!
                            • The Whittle/Collins/tenVH lot is really fun to watch
                            • Two of EC's goals were defensive lapses by OSU leaving players alone in the slot
                            • OSU changed goalies to begin the 2nd, but the 2 goals he really had no chance
                            • OSU dominated play for long stretches, but couldn't bury enough chances
                            • EC resorted to its last year's form for about 25 minutes in the middle. Bad penalties, give-aways, stupid stuff
                            • OSU's forecheck in the 2nd was really intense, but must have takien their legs. They weren't the same in the 3rd
                            • OSU is going to have a very tough team over the next couple of years!
                            • Nice contingent of Laker fans in the audience of ~1800

Comment

Layover lag game for the Eagles. ..

Fredonia scores with under a minute left to go up 5-4 after Elmira came back to tie things up at 4 late in the third.

FINAL
                              ELMIRA 4
                              FREDONIA 5

Shots on goal

ELMIRA 52
                              FREDONIA 26

Sounds familiar to another game in Fredonia I remember seeing. ....
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

We don't start demelo in goal an I think we win that game he just seems to have lost all his confidence from last year an it shows in his play. Two of the three he gave up were bad goals an he should of had them. We just had no legs tonight instead of skating the puck out of the d zone like we normally do we were just flipping it to center ice an they grabbed it an dumped back in an the lack of energy tonight killed us
                                GO EC GO

Comment

Working...
                                X