Elmira College 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elmira College 2013-14

I believe the college has and is going to add additional majors, so that should help. Listen, I want the program to succeed but I hope the players don't have the same negative attitude that many have on here. I've supported the program for a long time even though I'm younger than a lot of posters on here, and will continue to support it. I love going to the games and have developed a lot of great friendships since I joined the BC Board.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Also, you mention the college needs more recruitment, but they lost a very good goalie to a DI program that is awful (Alabama-Huntsville). Is this EC's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        Also, you mention the college needs more recruitment, but they lost a very good goalie to a DI program that is awful (Alabama-Huntsville). Is this EC's fault?
        Absolutely not; you can't beat a free ride, and Guerrero chose financial assistance ahead of athletic success. The Million dollar question is: is there any legal 'perk' would have dissuaded him from taking the free ride?

Again ... it's all about the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

Again ... it's all about the money.
          Yup.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Hobart v. tEC

For this stage in the season, there was some brutal hockey and refereeing tonight. Fortunately for Elmira, Hobart was even more undisciplined and futile.

Highlights:
            1. Decent crowd on hand despite the pro game downtown. My estimate was 1600.
            2. In the first few minutes, EC put decent sustained pressure on Chimiente, but couldn't bang one home. He was having trouble controlling rebounds early.
            3. Whittle is a stick magician. Best set of hands since the big / slow / European from 2008?
            4. DiMelo got his groove back. Sal was dressed but never saw the ice.
            5. Depp got and deserved a HT. More hustle than a majority of the team combined.
            6. Hobart forechecked two, and the other 3 waited at the blue line. EC was relegated to a dump and chase night.

Lowlights:
            1. Game took an interminable 2 and a half hours
            2. The two zebras were evidently a D1 surplus crew who certainly were not happy about being in Elmira tonight
            3. The start of the game and a large segment of period 2 were sloppy, careless hockey. Passing was occasionally atrocious.
            4. I didn't see #10 (TVH) on the ice much tonight. His absence was noticeable
            5. EC's once vaunted PP has now been solved
            6. Really really dumb penalties: Two major/gamers (including a butt-ender), retaliating after a call on Hobart, and an unsportsmanlike from a senior for snowing their tender. Un-freaking-believable for March.

Scoring:
            E1 - Depp on an unassisted hustle play from behind the net
            E2 - PP nice TicTacToe
            H1 - 2 on 1 Hobart's speed caught EC a bit sleeping
            H2 - PP Hobart passed it around until it was put top shelf
            H3 - PP Through a nice 2-man screen
            E3 - Poor Hobart backcheck, Simpson crashed the high-slot and banged home a rebound
            E4 - Prettiest goal in 2 years. 3 on 2 perfect passes.
            E5 - ENG a result of a decent backcheck and a deflected pass

PS sorry about missing last weekend. The wife made our 30th anniversary plans, and those plans did not involve hockey.

Comment

In 40 years I've rarely if ever seen a penalty called on a snow spray.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                About the only time I see it is if an opposing player knocks the sprayer on his rear end after the whistle. Then they both end up getting two minutes.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  About the only time I see it is if an opposing player knocks the sprayer on his rear end after the whistle. Then they both end up getting two minutes.
                  Yes, it was a crap call. Players spray the other goalies all the time. The refs were having a bad night and called just about everything. I'm glad EC won, but it wasn't easy with two of their forwards in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I always thought snowing the goalie was just fun (cool!). Anyway when I brought it up to one of the coaches... he said it was a penalty.

here comes the boss!

Comment

Originally posted by jim32 View Post
                      I always thought snowing the goalie was just fun (cool!). Anyway when I brought it up to one of the coaches... he said it was a penalty.
                      It is, but it's one of those that gets called about as often as a protocol violation for coming out about 3 seconds too late.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                        Yes, it was a crap call. Players spray the other goalies all the time. The refs were having a bad night and called just about everything. I'm glad EC won, but it wasn't easy with two of their forwards in the locker room.
                        perhaps there was too much time elapsed from the whistle to the snow job?

here comes the boss!

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                          For this stage in the season, there was some brutal hockey and refereeing tonight. Fortunately for Elmira, Hobart was even more undisciplined and futile.

Highlights:
                          1. Decent crowd on hand despite the pro game downtown. My estimate was 1600.
                          2. In the first few minutes, EC put decent sustained pressure on Chimiente, but couldn't bang one home. He was having trouble controlling rebounds early.
                          3. Whittle is a stick magician. Best set of hands since the big / slow / European from 2008?
                          4. DiMelo got his groove back. Sal was dressed but never saw the ice.
                          5. Depp got and deserved a HT. More hustle than a majority of the team combined.
                          6. Hobart forechecked two, and the other 3 waited at the blue line. EC was relegated to a dump and chase night.

Lowlights:
                          1. Game took an interminable 2 and a half hours
                          2. The two zebras were evidently a D1 surplus crew who certainly were not happy about being in Elmira tonight
                          3. The start of the game and a large segment of period 2 were sloppy, careless hockey. Passing was occasionally atrocious.
                          4. I didn't see #10 (TVH) on the ice much tonight. His absence was noticeable
                          5. EC's once vaunted PP has now been solved
                          6. Really really dumb penalties: Two major/gamers (including a butt-ender), retaliating after a call on Hobart, and an unsportsmanlike from a senior for snowing their tender. Un-freaking-believable for March.

Scoring:
                          E1 - Depp on an unassisted hustle play from behind the net
                          E2 - PP nice TicTacToe
                          H1 - 2 on 1 Hobart's speed caught EC a bit sleeping
                          H2 - PP Hobart passed it around until it was put top shelf
                          H3 - PP Through a nice 2-man screen
                          E3 - Poor Hobart backcheck, Simpson crashed the high-slot and banged home a rebound
                          E4 - Prettiest goal in 2 years. 3 on 2 perfect passes.
                          E5 - ENG a result of a decent backcheck and a deflected pass

PS sorry about missing last weekend. The wife made our 30th anniversary plans, and those plans did not involve hockey.
                          Jan velich is the euro you are referring to I think?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Hobart definitely should have had a delay of game penalty when they had the Faceoff in ECs zone. Pulled goalie, too many men on the ice players skating back and forth go the bench then Taylor talks to the refs for a couple minutes. Delay of game, it earned Hobart a free time out.
                            Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                            Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                            Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Jan velich is the euro you are referring to I think?
                              Correct you are, P&G - History

Comment

• Awards

From Hickling's column:
                                The league announced its 2013-14 major award winners, headed by player of the year, Utica forward Trever Hertz.

Other honorees include co-defensive players of the year Anton Racklin (Manhattanville) and Neumann goalie Braely Torris, co-rookies of the tear Ben Blasko (Nazareth) and Shayne Morrissey (Neumann) and Saul, tabbed coach of the year.

The ECAC West All-Conference teams were also revealed. First teamers include Hertz, Josh Burnell (Elmira) and Luc Van Natter (Manhattanville) at forward, Racklin and Terrence O’Neill (Hobart) on defense and Utica goaltender Nick Therrien.

Comment

Working...
                                X