Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I had no problem with the parents -- it was just the students. And my experience was at a men's game, not women's. So, again, really, it completely depends on how many students come to this Pack The Gutt thing. For a normal game I wouldn't have even said anything but given that you're bringing your young daughter and a lot of their students are apparently going to show I thought it worth bringing up.
    Thanks! I'll monitor the situation. I'm not particularly sensitive about what she hears so long as she doesn't turn around and say it...

DC -- thanks! We love Burlington. She and I went up together in 2011 for Tim Thomas's Stanley Cup parade and rode our bikes along that great bike trail across the lake. It's a great little city.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
      The UVM parents are very nice, and I've not had the same experience as TTT. As for students - hard to say how many will show, or what behavior they will bring, but I would be surprised if they were as hostile and uncivilized as T3 experienced. The Gut is a nice old barn, and if you can get there early enough to hit the downtown waterfront area, all the better.

Indeed, on the men's side, UVM students have a deserved reputation. Chants of "F$@* New Hampshire" are common, and they've even taken their act on the road to the Whitt, drunkenly trying to pick fights in the student section.

That said, I find it hard to imagine similar behavior at a women's game.
      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
        Thanks! I'll monitor the situation. I'm not particularly sensitive about what she hears so long as she doesn't turn around and say it...

DC -- thanks! We love Burlington. She and I went up together in 2011 for Tim Thomas's Stanley Cup parade and rode our bikes along that great bike trail across the lake. It's a great little city.
        Hey I was there for that parade. Hanging with the Pelkeys!
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I had no problem with the parents -- it was just the students. And my experience was at a men's game, not women's. So, again, really, it completely depends on how many students come to this Pack The Gutt thing.
          Originally posted by freak View Post
          ... and they've even taken their act on the road to the Whitt, drunkenly trying to pick fights in the student section.

That said, I find it hard to imagine similar behavior at a women's game.
          I think that is one of the biggest differences between men's and women's in terms of being family friendly. There are far fewer drunken hooligans attending women's games (and not just because there are fewer people in general attending women's games.)
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            There are far fewer drunken hooligans attending women's games...
            Probably a weird coincidence, but I've also noticed far fewer drunken hooligans posting in USCHO's Women's Forum!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by arm View Post
              i think that is one of the biggest differences between men's and women's in terms of being family friendly. There are far fewer drunken hooligans attending women's games (and not just because there are fewer people in general attending women's games.)
              guckian!!!
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I think that is one of the biggest differences between men's and women's in terms of being family friendly. There are far fewer drunken hooligans attending women's games (and not just because there are fewer people in general attending women's games.)
                Only because Grant tends to get lost somewhere along Commonwealth Ave.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                  Only because Grant tends to get lost somewhere along Commonwealth Ave.
                  HA. Joke's on you; I'm a teetotaler.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Congratulations to UVM on the success of Pack the Gut. Great atmosphere, the pep band was fantastic, and the crowd were enthusiastic and friendly.

Good game for BC, obviously. It was nice to see Haley McLean get her scoring touch back on the Grieves / McLean / Lemieux line. Other lines were Wasylk-Capizzano-Skarupa, Field-Trivigno-Doherty, Bizarri-Anastos-Leary. Interestingly, Erin Kickham seemed to be playing D and got in a lot of ice time.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Holy crap -- now that I'm doing the writeup for BCI this is the first time I'm seeing this, but what a freaking powerplay goal: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O...no/6+Field.gif

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Holy crap -- now that I'm doing the writeup for BCI this is the first time I'm seeing this, but what a freaking powerplay goal: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O...no/6+Field.gif
                        WOW Bing-Bing-Bing-Bing-Goal Thanks for sharing!

If more Teams moved the puck versus lug and shoot it would be a much more exciting game!

Comment

HA. Joke's on you; I'm a teetotaler.
                          You mean you're like this SOBER?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            You mean you're like this SOBER?
                            That is correct.

Comment

That is correct.
                              And here I thought watching the Red Army Choir performing Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" was the craziest thing I'd seen today.

Comment

Writeup for vs. NU

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...rtheastern-6-1

Comment

Working...
                                X