Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1068

Thread: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

  1. #561
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,050

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Curious to know if you're aware that you've been spelling his first name wrong for quite some time? Erik, not Eric.
    When in Rome do like the Roman's do ....... so just refer to him as 'Teammate".
    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  2. #562
    Frozen Solid
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    When in Rome do like the Roman's do ....... so just refer to him as 'Teammate".
    Internet spelling corrections....lulz

  3. #563
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,791

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    That was part of the "everything" I tried a few days ago.

    Wow.. ok, then. Thanks anyway.


    Here is the code for posting pictures.

  4. #564
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Great Northland
    Posts
    20,217

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Earth to Anchorage:

    Your #39 may want to seek some professional counseling with regard to his obvious anger management issues. He was practically begging to get shown to the gate.
    I agree he needs to reign it in a bit, but it's easier for a coach to rein in a player like that than to try to light a fire under a sluggish player.

    Umm, okay, let me edit that statement. Dumb, dumb, dumb penalty on Hubbs tonight that most likely cost UAA a chance to tie it up. Not a happy camper. We better see a much better effort next weekend.
    Last edited by Suze; 11-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    Quote Originally Posted by seawolfpunk

    I'm the same way, can't root for ua_, although blue is my favourite college football and nfl teams primary colors, can't root for ua_. Please change your colors so I can wear blue without feeling dirty

  5. #565
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    12,819

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Disappointing again. They played better but penalties, AGAIN!!!, killed us. Just not much offensive pressure generated and when they did it seemed BGSU's goalie was up to the task.

    Frustrating loss as I think BGSU is one of the teams we'll be competing for a playoff spot with.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  6. #566
    Whipping Dead Horses Since 1955
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Great Black Swamp
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    When in Rome do like the Roman's do ....... so just refer to him as 'Teammate".
    You DO realize you used the possessive form (Roman's) when you ought to have used the plural (Romans).
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

  7. #567
    Frozen Solid
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    You DO realize you used the possessive form (Roman's) when you ought to have used the plural (Romans).
    Lulzy

  8. #568
    UAA Homer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The 907
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I agree he needs to reign it in a bit, but it's easier for a coach to rein in a player like that than to try to light a fire under a sluggish player.

    Umm, okay, let me edit that statement. Dumb, dumb, dumb penalty on Hubbs tonight that most likely cost UAA a chance to tie it up. Not a happy camper. We better see a much better effort next weekend.
    Don't know who watched the game, but I just got done watching it. Can't believe this was only a 1 goal game.

    When BGSU scored the only goal, it really really looked like the BGSU skater was offsides entering the zone. I watched it 4 times, and I'm gonna say he was offsides. At the time, I didn't think that goal would decide the game. Gunderson played great.

  9. #569
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Great Northland
    Posts
    20,217

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by UAA08 View Post
    Don't know who watched the game, but I just got done watching it. Can't believe this was only a 1 goal game.

    When BGSU scored the only goal, it really really looked like the BGSU skater was offsides entering the zone. I watched it 4 times, and I'm gonna say he was offsides. At the time, I didn't think that goal would decide the game. Gunderson played great.
    We listened to Haider, and it sure sounded like Gundy was on his game. I'm still hoping we see Kamal soon. Nothing against Gundy, but I have always felt that Kamal was the better of the two, and he hasn't played a single game yet this season. Hoping that changes this weekend.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    Quote Originally Posted by seawolfpunk

    I'm the same way, can't root for ua_, although blue is my favourite college football and nfl teams primary colors, can't root for ua_. Please change your colors so I can wear blue without feeling dirty

  10. #570
    AKA - "Drop The Puck"
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    1,625

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    I'm all for giving Matyas every game. Chris and Rob have played spectacularly at times in their careers but honestly neither one showed a consistent high level. We don't know if Matyas can do that but if the coach showed confidence in him and the team knew going into every game that he was going to be the guy the maybe (just maybe) we'd see him develop into a brick wall night after night.

  11. #571
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Great Northland
    Posts
    20,217

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by uaafanblog View Post
    I'm all for giving Matyas every game. Chris and Rob have played spectacularly at times in their careers but honestly neither one showed a consistent high level. We don't know if Matyas can do that but if the coach showed confidence in him and the team knew going into every game that he was going to be the guy the maybe (just maybe) we'd see him develop into a brick wall night after night.
    Mr. Suze and I both thought he looked shaky when he played in the Nissan, he didn't do a very good job of covering up pucks and controlling rebounds. He looked absolutely amazing when they played UBC though. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what Kamal can do as we haven't seen him yet this season.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    Quote Originally Posted by seawolfpunk

    I'm the same way, can't root for ua_, although blue is my favourite college football and nfl teams primary colors, can't root for ua_. Please change your colors so I can wear blue without feeling dirty

  12. #572
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    12,819

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Mr. Suze and I both thought he looked shaky when he played in the Nissan, he didn't do a very good job of covering up pucks and controlling rebounds. He looked absolutely amazing when they played UBC though. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what Kamal can do as we haven't seen him yet this season.
    I have the feeling that if Kamal was going to play this season, he already would have.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  13. #573
    AKA - "Drop The Puck"
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    1,625

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Mr. Suze and I both thought he looked shaky when he played in the Nissan, he didn't do a very good job of covering up pucks and controlling rebounds. He looked absolutely amazing when they played UBC though. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what Kamal can do as we haven't seen him yet this season.
    I'm just expressing that I think goaltender is a unique position. There are lots of coaches that have effed up goaltender's careers ... Dean Blais for example is notorious for effing up his goaltenders ... I'm just hoping that Thomas is the sort of coach that knows how to avoid that sort of thing. Shyiak didn't have a good eye for goaltending if you ask me. Remember when he and Blair said that they didn't think Lawson was talented (or words to that effect?). Look how they handled him and look how he played his last season ... he left UAA and has played in the show and doing very well in the AHL.

    Getting your goaltender to play well is as much about how the coach handles their heads as it is about how well they can perform the necessary skills. Obviously a goalie has to be able to play the position. But one with a proper head is just as valuable and can win as much as some other goalie who has more talent.

    It's not a simple thing. Look at Sam Brittain at DU. Gwoz effed him up. Or the kid from Anchorage that played at CC. Scotty Owens effed him up. Ask easily half the goalies that played at UND when Blais was there.

    It's as much a head game as anything.

  14. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    678

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    It's an ugly fact that goalies get hurt just like any of the rest of the guys on the team. "Lower body" injuries can happen in practice as well as in games. Unfortunately goalies appear to be prone to this type of misfortune. I'm not wishing bad luck on any member of our team however injuries happen. At that point Kamal will get the call. Poetic ya think?
    It's also an ugly fact that most goalies can get "streaky". Both good and bad. If Gundy or Matty get "streaky" in the wrong direction we'll see Kamal.
    Kamal has an outstanding week of practice and I think we'll see him get the start.
    Having 3 capable guys at such a key position is a nice problem to have.
    Thomas bringing in Thompson tells me Thomas knows what he's doing as far as "handling" goalies. Bring in some expertise in the specialty and rely on that expertise.
    Matty is getting the experience to handle the number one spot next season when Gundy and Kamal have graduated.
    And everybody is real high on this kid that arrives next fall.
    Just as everything else with this team, we are going in the right direction.
    It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

  15. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    376

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    To honor UAH's first visit to Anchorage in 20 years, here's a piece I wrote for uahhockey.com looking back at the period when UAH visited Alaska regularly.

    http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/11/06...last-frontier/

  16. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    67

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    $28.80 for my ticket. I paid $10 for my Aces ticket in the same section last week. This is one of the reasons why Aces get butts in the seats and the Seawolves don't.
    Lets Go Seawolves!

  17. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    678

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by SAEMike View Post
    $28.80 for my ticket. I paid $10 for my Aces ticket in the same section last week. This is one of the reasons why Aces get butts in the seats and the Seawolves don't.
    Wow! $10 that's a heckofadeal. I just checked their website and the cheapest ticket listing I could find was $12 and that didn't include any of the fees that are usually tacked on. Then I looked at tickets fot next weeks games and the cheapest seat was $14.50 with no fees included. Looked at a couple of games further out but couldn't locate a $12 ticket.
    Where did you find a ticket for $10?
    And $28.80 for a Seawolf ticket must guarantee a pretty nice seat.
    Just went to the Seawolf ticket site and regular season single game tickets are listed for $8.25 and $13.50. Granted there may be other "fees" not listed but the "fees" would have to be pretty hefty to run that seat up to the $28.80 you say you paid.
    Where did you buy your $28.80 ticket?
    I'd like to get one of those $10 Aces tickets and make sure I steered clear of the $28.80 Seawolf ticket.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.

  18. #578
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    5,719

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    I'm excited to see the game tonight. Go Chargers.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  19. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    67

    Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Wow! $10 that's a heckofadeal. I just checked their website and the cheapest ticket listing I could find was $12 and that didn't include any of the fees that are usually tacked on. Then I looked at tickets fot next weeks games and the cheapest seat was $14.50 with no fees included. Looked at a couple of games further out but couldn't locate a $12 ticket.
    Where did you find a ticket for $10?
    And $28.80 for a Seawolf ticket must guarantee a pretty nice seat.
    Just went to the Seawolf ticket site and regular season single game tickets are listed for $8.25 and $13.50. Granted there may be other "fees" not listed but the "fees" would have to be pretty hefty to run that seat up to the $28.80 you say you paid.
    Where did you buy your $28.80 ticket?
    I'd like to get one of those $10 Aces tickets and make sure I steered clear of the $28.80 Seawolf ticket.
    They ran a promotion (UAA doesn't understand that word) and all you had to do was type a promo code (UAA doesn't understand that either) and your tickets were $10 in the balcony. It probably got them another 2,000 fans in the seats. The Seawolves would rather stick to their guns, overcharge people, run no promotions and then complain because there's no people there and cram people in like sardines.
    Lets Go Seawolves!

  20. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anchortown
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by SAEMike View Post
    They ran a promotion (UAA doesn't understand that word) and all you had to do was type a promo code (UAA doesn't understand that either) and your tickets were $10 in the balcony. It probably got them another 2,000 fans in the seats. The Seawolves would rather stick to their guns, overcharge people, run no promotions and then complain because there's no people there and cram people in like sardines.
    Or you just didn't look hard enough, did you ever think of checking the schools website instead of ticket master?

    Seriously you were one of the biggest proponents for change within the athletic department, and all you've done is ***** and moan about all the changes since they somewhat affect you, grow up and deal with it like an adult.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •