X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    My Two cents on the weekend.

Honestly thought we would split this weekend, although I expected us to beat western and lose to du. Very disappointed in Friday night game, taking penalties on the power play is unacceptable. After there shorty I was pretty certain the game was over. Much better game Saturday with hubbs and Bailey the best players on the ice the whole game. Matyas definitely has the upper hand on #1 goalie for now although I think kamal deserves a . I would like to see some others get action (duwe and trupp when he's healthy.

Go seawolves
    I would like to see Kamal get some action as well, but I think we have to trust that the coach is putting the guys on the ice that he thinks give us the best chance to win.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Win, lose, draw, we had the compete level and effort it takes on Saturday to have some success in the future.
      Overall it was great and trapping LaLeggia behind the breakout for a 2 on 1 and the win was very nice.
      Where's my pretzel ?
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Well this is good news...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          You best get on this train JJ
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Yup, saw that yesterday. So much for that on campus hockey arena, huh?
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Yup, saw that yesterday. So much for that on campus hockey arena, huh?
              Yeah, it'll be great when various people in the University start going "there spending how much on Athletics?!?"

Notice how UAF doesn't have to go through this process...
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

...Notice how UAF doesn't have to go through this process...
                ...Because we are already a mean, lean, educational machine.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                  Is that an app? I have tune-in radio (app).. but am not sure what Iheartradio is.... ㋡
                  It's a free app and it's Kurt Haider not some out of town goon. The other radio apps only play whats on the background radio(music, sportstalk, etc.). This is the first one I've heard an actual game broadcast on.
                  Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    I wish they would actually divide the functions of the Universities. They want UAF to be the science/research school? Then fine, you don't need the MBA program and most of the other Liberal Arts stuff. The aviation programs should really just be at UAA instead of at both. The whole UA needs a whole reorganization instead of just UAA.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I wish they would actually divide the functions of the Universities. They want UAF to be the science/research school? Then fine, you don't need the MBA program and most of the other Liberal Arts stuff. The aviation programs should really just be at UAA instead of at both. The whole UA needs a whole reorganization instead of just UAA.
                      I believe that's what happening regardles of the aforementioned study. I support UAA beefing up it's liberal arts program, cuz matriculants from UAA can't even spell.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        i believe that's what happening regardless of the aforementioned study. I support uaa beefing up it's liberal arts program, cuz matriculants from uaa can't even spell.
                        ftfy.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          Only by _airbanks Educational standards.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Just to chime in with my unwanted opinion, but maybe this is a good thing. It sounds like UAA is kind of fat and short when it comes to degree programs, meaning they offer a lot of low-tier (associates, BA) degrees. Maybe this will allow a bit of cleanup to allow them to build more depth into the programs. We've previously, ah, "discussed", the fact that UAF offers more high-tier degrees such as masters and doctorates. UAF is relatively skinny and deep when it comes to degree programs. This seems like the logical first step to deepen UAA's degree programs. It's not that some of the degree programs offered are useless, but that they are a lower priority than establishing more depth in relevant fields of study.

I think it's important that both universities offer the most common degrees, but maybe it's time that UAA's flagship programs evolve from nursing to surgery/family practice , or from A&P to aerospace engineering, or from air traffic control to whatever. That allows the UA system to offer the most to everyone.
                            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              UAS just lost its MBA program...I was in the last graduating class. It was offered exclusively online, handy for people like me who don't have enough slack in their schedule to spend two or three nights a week in a classroom. From what I've heard UAF is going to shift its MBA to accommodate the online format in order to encompass what UAS offered. Not sure if UAA has similar ideas, but the online MBA is the wave of the future for us yuppies.

Ultimately UA as a whole needs to start beefing up its programs. Engineering is great, but Alaska is (I believe) the only state without a medical or law school. Make all the doctor and lawyer jokes you want, but those are high-paying positions that typically turn into some significant alumni donations.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                UAS just lost its MBA program...I was in the last graduating class. It was offered exclusively online, handy for people like me who don't have enough slack in their schedule to spend two or three nights a week in a classroom. From what I've heard UAF is going to shift its MBA to accommodate the online format in order to encompass what UAS offered. Not sure if UAA has similar ideas, but the online MBA is the wave of the future for us yuppies.

Ultimately UA as a whole needs to start beefing up its programs. Engineering is great, but Alaska is (I believe) the only state without a medical or law school. Make all the doctor and lawyer jokes you want, but those are high-paying positions that typically turn into some significant alumni donations.
                                Not to mention all the peculiarities of Alaskan Law and dire need of Doctors in the Bush. Unfortunately this is the stuff that should've been in the 80's or 90's (along with many other things in Alaska) but were never done. Like I said, the entire UA system is in dire need of a reorganization. You know what would be an interesting survey? Take a survey of all the kids that graduated high school in 2002, 2003, and 2004 (the time that I did) and find out how many still live in Alaska. I wonder if you'd hit 50%...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X