X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    But yet their fans still chant UAF at games.
    And arrogantly mine in dumpsters, have out of control mascots, even the chick’s pack "spit cups” ……the list goes on and on ................
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      And arrogantly mine in dumpsters, have out of control mascots, even the chick’s pack "spit cups” ……the list goes on and on ................
      The women also don't like it when you call them sweetie...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        The women also don't like it when you call them sweetie...
        I thought it was honey
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• That was a terrible op-ed. I also noticed the Lester cheerleader tidbit and thought the same thing as you.

An earlier ADN article said that $10,000 was spent to purchase seat covers, which could be removed if more seating room was needed. So which is it? I don't see how curtains would work on the north side of the arena where there are 6 rows of seats open. Curtains on the left and right of this section would block the view for those who are in the balcony.

There are things in this article that are not at all factual.

Actually, UAA has done a TON of this. Passes have been handed out to fans so they can invite people to the games. The local highschool players and students get in free for every game, and you know that group of rowdy kids from the Military Youth Academy (the ones who added so much atmosphere to the arena), they all got in for free! So don't tell me that UAA hasn't done any of this. All sorts of groups have been offered free tickets, but not all take advantage of the offer.

When it comes to college sports, there is a little thing called the NCAA that they have to deal with. Lyle isn't allowed to rally the troops, it is against NCAA rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want a Bob Lester kind of announcer at UAA games.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            I thought it was honey
            It may have been honey. It's a little blurry...
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The locker rooms may be first class, but the facility most definitely is not. Have you ever had to sit on those uncomfortable bleachers in the balcony? As much as I hate the Sully, I'd take it any day over the Carlson.
              That is weird that they didn't put seats in balcony of the Carlson. I think that is the next thing they should do. Also, I noticed on the WCHA website UAF is listed as "Alaska". I guess like Nevada, students there say UNR as does the state, but outside people just say "Nevada".

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                That is weird that they didn't put seats in balcony of the Carlson. I think that is the next thing they should do.
                They like the balcony benches; they have grown up sitting on benches. Be it at the bus stop, timeout bench at school, arraignment court. …………….”Benches"is their way of life.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-04-2013, 06:47 PM.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

They're honestly not that big of a deal. Would seats be more comfortable? I suppose. But putting them in looks like it would be problematic. It looks like they'd have to take out every other row to make room for them, if we're talking about doing a straight bench-to-seat swap. For anything better than that, it would require major renovations. As someone who sat in the nosebleeds for the vast majority of 7 seasons or so, it falls squarely into the nice-but-not-necessary category.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                    They're honestly not that big of a deal. Would seats be more comfortable? I suppose. But putting them in looks like it would be problematic. It looks like they'd have to take out every other row to make room for them, if we're talking about doing a straight bench-to-seat swap. For anything better than that, it would require major renovations. As someone who sat in the nosebleeds for the vast majority of 7 seasons or so, it falls squarely into the nice-but-not-necessary category.
                    Personally I'm all for bleacher style and having folks stand the whole game and be loud and as obnoxious as all possible. Makes it feel more like a college football game which is what the atmosphere should be like.
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      It may have been honey. It's a little blurry...
                      I have very little memory of that experience but I believe it was both. Man those were good times if that's what I remember

Comment

But yet their fans still chant UAF at games.
                        Shows what true diehard fans they have!
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Refresher:
                          1 “UAF”- used when referring to the flagship campus.
                          2. “Alaska Nanooks” - used when referring to athletic teams.
                          3. “Seawolves Suck” - used by everyone, everywhere.

Go UBC Thunderbirds!

Comment

Mmf, you are funny! Lol

Comment

Well, if I don’t throw in a post every so often, Suze and Alaska Hockey wonder if anything has happened to me.

BTW, watching your exhibition against UBC. Matyas looks pretty solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                                Refresher:
                                1 “UAF”- used when referring to the flagship campus.
                                2. “Alaska Nanooks” - used when referring to athletic teams.
                                3. “Seawolves Suck” - used by everyone, everywhere.

Go UBC Thunderbirds!
                                4. You can't spell failure without UAF.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X