Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    So when do you plan on heading north?
    My better half is heading to Mardi Gra. Leaving tonight so I get to watch the home front.
    At least it'll be on GCI channel 1 or so they say.
    May drop down to The Crossbar and cab it home.
    Envious of you going.
    It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!
    To be determined. The panhandling has been going gangbusters so it's been a hectic few weeks. Been on the east coast and Seattle/Portland the last 10 days...finally on a flight home tonight.

(Note that I don't ***** about travel...)
    Last edited by Squarebanks; 03-04-2014, 09:35 PM.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Trouble is every time mom told us "to take it outside"......you usually come in later wimpering and with some butt rash
      That's because we've always been the smarter side.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Really? Why is it every time a kid drops out of UAA and goes to UAF they raise the academic standing of both schools?

They give you guys more money for a reason.
        I won't lie, I laughed...
        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          I did take a class at UA_ and got a 4.0 so I guess you are right..... i am illiterate.
          Which is why you don't capitalize proper nouns...

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
            Which is why you don't capitalize proper nouns...
            Sorry my sorry education in _airbanks offends you; blame the school not the illiterate.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

If we should be fortunate enough to host a playoff March 13-15, things could get interesting. Arctic Winter Games (Alaska, Canada, Iceland, Greenland, and Russia) begin that weekend and about 2,000 athletes (ages 13-24) plus about 3,000 coaches, chaperons, and family members are expected to be in town.

I would think that airline tickets and hotel rooms would be at a premium. The opening ceremonies are scheduled for Sunday March 16th at the Carlson, so if the series goes three games the overnight turn-around will be a stressor for them. About half of Fairbanks and all of Anchorage and the rest of the WCHA hope we don't host.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                I would think that airline tickets and hotel rooms would be at a premium. The opening ceremonies are scheduled for Sunday March 16th at the Carlson, so if the series goes three games the overnight turn-around will be a stressor for them. About half of Fairbanks and all of Anchorage and the rest of the WCHA hope we don't host.
                There are people in Fairbanks that don't want the Nanooks to host. I've heard it first hand. Carlson Center staff want the Nanooks to host--more hours to work. Arctic Winter Games people... Not so much... While the opening and closing ceremonies will be at the Carlson, the only events that they're hosting outside of that is speed skating...

Comment

Just over 1,000 tickets left for Saturday, about 1,300 for Friday.

Comment

http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com/201...-for-five.html

Comment

If all goes well the Nooks can sweep the Seawolves, retain the Governor’s Cup for the fifth straight year, secure third place and a home playoff spot, knock the Seawolves out of the playoffs, and watch Colton Beck top one hundred career points.

But it won’t be easy. Everything is on the line for the Seawolves and they no doubt will bring it. The Nooks will have to match and sustain an intensity level all weekend that probably hasn’t been seen in the Carlson for quite some time. Not too often do both teams have so much riding on one series. Good luck to both teams.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Well. That went well.

Comment

Well, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Well, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand.
                            Pretty sure we had that one in hand...

Comment

That was “almost” too unfair. I feel like I just watched a group of kids beat up a little girl and steal her lunch money.

Comment

Trap game tonight. UAA won't come out soft again, and they have more to play for than just the Governor's Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X