This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Retirement Lodge #170: Fair Weather

Did you know there are 30 State Fairs in August?

Alabama, Alaska (2), Colorado, Idaho (2), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York (Expo), Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas (Northern), Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

I tried to make the poll choices more universal, and not just about the fair(s) i've been to.
    People Watching
    10.40%
    Rides that can kill you!
    3.47%
    Screaming Kids
    0.58%
    Beer / Alcohol
    8.67%
    Hot Chicks / Dudes
    6.36%
    Bacon flavored foods
    9.83%
    Chocolate covered foods
    4.05%
    Funnel Cakes
    5.20%
    Winning Prizes at the Midway
    2.31%
    The warm weather
    2.31%
    Any food on a stick
    6.94%
    The Animals!
    4.05%
    The junk for sale
    4.62%
    The horse and cattle shows
    4.05%
    4H
    2.89%
    The concerts / shows
    5.78%
    Walking around
    8.09%
    Sunburn
    1.16%
    Other Activity
    2.89%
    Other Food
    6.36%
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #170: Fair Weather

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Did you know there are 30 State Fairs in August?

Alabama, Alaska (2), Colorado, Idaho (2), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York (Expo), Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas (Northern), Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
    Did you know that television around here is being flooded with ads for the Great MN Get Together? There's a gian gopher wearing a hat and jacket in them. You're shocked, I know.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Giada won't be there?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Giada won't be there?
          Neither will Freddy Meyer (officially).
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

This pole sucks!

Where's Freddy
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hi Lodge. Just had some sad news and am a little teary eyed. Close friend of my parents passed away last night. He was one of a large group of people my mom and dad had been friends with since high school (or earlier). this poor guy was in a freak car accident many years ago. He was in his car waiting for someone to cross the street in front of him and was rear ended. The force of the hit caused him to shoot up and he hit his head on the sun roof, breaking his neck and had been a quadripelgic since it happened. This was a big, healthy, loving man and to see that happen to him was just awful.

I tried calling my parents as I saw the news on Facebook. I'm assuming they had heard but my aunt is flying in today and I know they had stuff to do. Had to leave a voicemail. I hate doing that. I haven't heard back from them yet. I hope they know. This is going to really affect my dad. When I was home last week my mother was saying "You know, your father just sits here. I tell him 'Why don't you go visit Frank?' and he doesn't go!" *sniff*

Comment

subsrcribeded
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Family friend passed away, Cancer.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I don't get the State Fair. Way more excited for Renaissance Festival in a few weeks.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      I don't get the State Fair. Way more excited for Renaissance Festival in a few weeks.
                      Ren fest is pretty boring, and also not very large. I liked the puke & snot act and some of the cool fantasy drawings sold there when I was younger. Otherwise I didn't really care about the other crafts being sold, or the themed food and events.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Hot chicks go to the MN State Fair. Women who'll date me go to the Renaissance Festival. I'd rather spy on the hot chicks.

monster, sorry for your loss.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

State Fair! Best time of the year!!!!!

Never been to this Renessance Festival thing you guys are talking about, I have heard about it occasionally, but I have never had any ambition to actually go. Not my kind of thing....nerds, people dressed up in stupid costumes, people play fighting...I've dealt with enough of that bull**** in my life, I went to Tech.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

New foods this year:

Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Shrimp On-A-Stick
                            Big Andy (burger topped with philly steak, sauteed onions, peppers and american and swiss cheeses)
                            Bourbon Wurst (homemade pork sausage seasoned with spices and Maker's Mark)
                            Cajun Pork Rinds
                            Cafe Caribe's Taco Slider Trio (grilled jerk chicken, pulled pork with bbq sauce, crunchy shrimp)
                            Breakfast Sausage Corndog (breakfast sausage dipped in pancake corndog batter, deep fried and served with maple syrup)
                            Candied Bacon Cannoli
                            Chipotle Chicken Salad Fajita
                            Chocolate Chili Ice Cream (chocolate ice cream with chili pepper spices)
                            Comet Corn (liquid nitrogen frozen carmel corn)
                            Cocoa Cheese Bites (Cheese nuggets breaded with cocoa puffs, fried and served with chocolate sauce)
                            Chop Dogs (Kramarczuk all-beef wiener chopped into pieces and grilled until the skin turns crusty)
                            Craft Beer Battered Onion Rings
                            Deep Fried Bread Pudding (deep fried bread pudding served with carmel sauce)
                            Deep Fried Olives (extra large green olives dipped in seasoned batter, deep fried and with a dipping sauce)
                            Flavored Corndogs (Jalapeno Cheese (jalapeno cheese-infused hot dog dipped in a spicy corndog batter), Sweet Corn (sweet corn mixed into corndog batter), Double Bacon Corndog (bacon-wrapped hot dog, dipped in bacon infused corndog batter))
                            English Toffee Fudge Puppy
                            Dough-sant (doughnut bred with a croissant)
                            Fried Pickles and Chocolate (Fried pickles with chocolate dipping sauce)
                            Funnel Cake Sundaes (funnel cake with a pile of ice cream and chocolate sauce on it)
                            Grilled Glazed Donut
                            Idaho Nachos (nachos with waffle fries instead of chips)
                            Hawaian Dog
                            Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
                            Mancini's Cicchetti's Cones
                            Porketta Pig Wings
                            Mini Donut Batter Crunch Ice Cream
                            Minnepumpkin Pie
                            Persian kabob Koobideh
                            Peanut Butter and Jelly Malts and Sundaes
                            Pork Belly Sliders
                            Pitchfork Sausage
                            North Woods BBQ Tacos
                            Philly Fries
                            Portobollo Bites
                            Wine Glazed Deep Fried Meatloaf

(I got bored, and skipped some boring ones.)

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In other State Fair news, the free Leinie's Bandshell will be featuring acts from, and not limited to:
                              Hanson (Aug. 26 and 27th, 8:30pm)
                              Blue Oyster Cult (Aug. 24th and 25th, 8:30pm)
                              Sunny Sweeny (Aug. 22nd and 23rd, 8:30pm)
                              The Stellas featuring Lennon and Maisy (little girls from the TV show Nashville) (Aug. 24th and 25th, 10:30am and 11:45am)
                              Eric Paslay (Sept. 1st and Sept. 2nd, 10:30am and 11:45am) <-going to have to go to this one, girlfriend absolutely loves a couple of his songs

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X