• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Hockey 2013-14 Season

This is the year
    The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Could be worse for Roy, he could be Scott Wilson over at UML. Remember him and his first two years in the league? Yeah, nobody else does anymore either, totally fallen off the map. I had to check their roster before we played them at Fenway to see if he was still on the team.

Its not Roy, as much as it is the team around him. Yeah teams are game planning for him a bit now, but the puck is not finding him in good areas to score, he is not getting the puck much to start rushes anymore, and he is actually doing his job out there. It may look "lazy" at times, but he is not supposed to go diving into areas to fight for loose pucks. Its everyone elses job to do that and get HIM the puck. Do we want him along the boards fighting those battles? No, that is what Pimm and Stevens are for. Roy also gets hurt because he has to carry the puck on the PP so he is typically not in a scoring area, but the PP is a whole other animal to dissect on why it sucks. Roy misses Vinny's ability to win the puck along the boards and get it to him. The stretch pass they like to use last year too to free him up coming off the bench seems to have gone from the teams playbook too.
      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
        This is the year
        ..if the Beanpot were a person, i'd sue him for pain, suffering & lost wages $$$..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2014/01/30/nort...-into-beanpot/

..and all the best to Hendrickson for.. & post surgery at MGH.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Roy's due for a breakout week.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
              Could be worse for Roy, he could be Scott Wilson over at UML. Remember him and his first two years in the league? Yeah, nobody else does anymore either, totally fallen off the map. I had to check their roster before we played them at Fenway to see if he was still on the team.

Ahh thanks for the memory, UMLOL fans got quite worked up when people would suggest that Gaudreau > Wilson

Comment

• With Harvard, BC, BU, all playing tonight.. we're the only Beanpot school not seeing action this wknd. That's 9 days off.. not saying its good or bad, but I'm hoping it doesn't have any adverse effects come gm time Monday. Saturday practice anyone?.. :-).. g'luck! Go Huskies!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  With Harvard, BC, BU, all playing tonight.. we're the only Beanpot school not seeing action this wknd. That's 9 days off.. not saying its good or bad, but I'm hoping it doesn't have any adverse effects come gm time Monday. Saturday practice anyone?.. :-).. g'luck! Go Huskies!
                  HU is currently up 3-0 on Princeton..all 3 scored in the first, nothing since. Girard is in net for them. Hopefully they're getting their goals out tonight

EDIT: 3-1. Princeton scored right as I posted
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Praying the long break would help Cody-I dont what to think about the effects of this break,I would like to get opinions from the guys here who played in similar situations and how it affected them?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                      Praying the long break would help Cody-I dont what to think about the effects of this break,I would like to get opinions from the guys here who played in similar situations and how it affected them?
                      Unfortunately, there is nothing standard and no way to know. I've known players with seemingly major concussions who have bounced back 100% almost immediately (before the recent protocol of waiting for at least some period of time) and I've known players with seemingly minor concussions who, five months later, still could not ride a stationary bike for more than 5 minutes without feeling nauseous and dizzy. With this being his third or fourth concussion (not sure, but I know it's not his first), the chances are greater that it could be an extended period and that it could happen again quickly if he comes back too soon. Concussions can end careers, which is why they are now often referred to as "brain injuries." I'm sure that the athletic trainer is testing him daily and will clear him when he is ready. But there is no way to project his return based on past experience. Each instance is unique. I saw that hit on the game stream live and in slow motion and it was brutal. I was amazed that Hockey East didn't suspend both the Providence player for the hit and the HE refs who didn't even call a minor penalty on the play. If Cody had hit another kid like that, the refs would have given him a 5 minute major and game disqualification and HE would have suspended him for 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                        Unfortunately, there is nothing standard and no way to know. I've known players with seemingly major concussions who have bounced back 100% almost immediately (before the recent protocol of waiting for at least some period of time) and I've known players with seemingly minor concussions who, five months later, still could not ride a stationary bike for more than 5 minutes without feeling nauseous and dizzy. With this being his third or fourth concussion (not sure, but I know it's not his first), the chances are greater that it could be an extended period and that it could happen again quickly if he comes back too soon. Concussions can end careers, which is why they are now often referred to as "brain injuries." I'm sure that the athletic trainer is testing him daily and will clear him when he is ready. But there is no way to project his return based on past experience. Each instance is unique.
                        I hate the phrase "minor concussion." Each concussion is trauma to the brain, that isn't minor not matter how it's phrased. Sure, there can be larger trauma, but any kind of brain injury is serious business. Regarding Cody, as Beanstalk said, there is no standard timetable for concussions- each case is entirely unique. And as much as I'd like him and the firepower he can bring back for the PP and the third line, he will be needed during the playoff run, so I would hope JM lets him heal. My fingers are crossed that he can play in one of the two rounds of the Beanpot, but I haven't heard anything that makes me think it is likely.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Looks like Kevin Hayes may miss both Beanpot games according to the BC thread.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ld-jim-madigan

Big commit for NU.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Great commitment there.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

• Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                Great commitment there.
                                going to be a great college player. nice get for NU

Comment

Working...
                                X