Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by VTinNY View Post
    I'm not losing sleep over the players that have left, none of them would have been difference makers this season. IMO was much worse losing Stalberg and Girgensens. Ryan's decommit is a hit depthwise and his size was intriguing, but Muscoby and Hamilton are better prospects. Wouldn't surprise to see a walkon added on the blueline. Also have to remember that, other than Sneddon, this is essentially a brand new coaching staff so some players probably saw the handwriting on the wall.. though I do agree it doesn't say much about the previous recruiting.

This year's incoming is definitely an upgrade talent-wise, though remains to be seen if that will equate to better results on the ice. Hopefully they aren't all headcases like Milo..
    I will agree to disagree other than the goal-tending. Hamilton is a good player but small. The incoming forwards are IMO more of the same. Until you have seen them play, I would reserve judgement and not get to far over your ski's. My only point on the recruiting with Ryan is how does it come down to the week before school starts and he doesn't show up? Obviously Not enough time was spent by moe and curly investigating his character. Never heard of that happening anywhere else, ever.

Comment

Milo's lawsuit dismissed...
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
        I will agree to disagree other than the goal-tending. Hamilton is a good player but small. The incoming forwards are IMO more of the same. Until you have seen them play, I would reserve judgement and not get to far over your ski's. My only point on the recruiting with Ryan is how does it come down to the week before school starts and he doesn't show up? Obviously Not enough time was spent by moe and curly investigating his character. Never heard of that happening anywhere else, ever.
        Based on the BFP article it sounds like Brad Ryan is not playing hockey this year and is just attending school back in Ontario. Could be a case of hockey burnout. Based on the life these kids live to get to this level I can't blame one for calling it quits. Or perhaps he just hasn't decided on next steps for his career and decided UVM wasn't the right route. Not sure you can place all the blame on the staff for this one if I am reading into the article correctly.

Comment

Awful lot of negativity among the Cat fan posters. What gives? we were a crappy low middle tier program in the ECAC that got luck with three recruits in the mid 90's until Sneddon was hired and he raised our standard and expectation. Now we complain when we have a year or two that were like our average years before him.

no coach is going to be able to compete with the big boys consistently without an upgraded facility. As fans we should focus on helping the program get what it needs - which is a new facility that will help recruiting.

Until you are part of the solution you are part of the problem.

And I'm glad we lost the guys we lost in the offseason, none of them were going to contribute in D1 except Doerring and we needed to upgrade the compete level and I think we will find the coaching staff has done that. We are still not going to be the most skilled team but a couple of these guys from Western Canadian teams are going to be a big upgrade. We should be very competitive this year with more depth than we have had in a while. The pre-season fan prognostications are under rating us I believe and it should be a fun, competitive season if the fans get behind the team and be positive.

Go Cats.

Comment

A little over 3 weeks before we get to see some action...

I like the schedule this year with 2 exhibitions, 2 at UND, and then a week off to figure out what needs some tweaking before getting underway. A game at PSU that will hopefully be a primer leading up to 8 straight league games... It will be a good indicator of the season... Cats should be at least .500 and hopefully a game above.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              A little over 3 weeks before we get to see some action...

I like the schedule this year with 2 exhibitions, 2 at UND, and then a week off to figure out what needs some tweaking before getting underway. A game at PSU that will hopefully be a primer leading up to 8 straight league games... It will be a good indicator of the season... Cats should be at least .500 and hopefully a game above.
              Two against Notre Dame, two against Providence College (both will be nationally ranked) two at Alfond against the Black Bears, a home/home against Amherst...and you expect to be above .500? You've completely lost your mind.

Considering Vermont is going to get flattened by North Dakota and more than likely dropped (again!) by Penn State, it's far more likely you'll be hoping for your first wins of the season against almost-as-pitiful Amherst.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Two against Notre Dame, two against Providence College (both will be nationally ranked) two at Alfond against the Black Bears, a home/home against Amherst...and you expect to be above .500? You've completely lost your mind.

Considering Vermont is going to get flattened by North Dakota and more than likely dropped (again!) by Penn State, it's far more likely you'll be hoping for your first wins of the season against almost-as-pitiful Amherst.
                Not that you really care troll but my expectations are this, Two decent games against N Dakota, they probably wont win. A win against PSU, leading to a tie and a loss against Notre Dame. I expect a sweep of UMO and UMA and a possible split against PC who I think is over hyped. Its possible that they lose to both Notre Dame and PC but then the sweep ME and MA and they are at 500 in the league (which was what I was talking about, sorry I didn't clarify that part of it).

As a note UVM was 1-1-1 against PC last season, likely the only team they outscored last season.

UVM lost all but 3 season series... 1 of those was against PC...

Anywho, keep posting Patman... it will make it that much sweeter at the end of the year.

May your forwards get a bad batch of sticks and may Hellebyck leave for the pros before the season starts...

Comment

Loomis-Chaffee and CT Wolf Pack U18 Defenseman Matthew O'Donnell has committed to UVM.
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Not that you really care troll but my expectations are this, Two decent games against N Dakota, they probably wont win. A win against PSU, leading to a tie and a loss against Notre Dame. I expect a sweep of UMO and UMA and a possible split against PC who I think is over hyped. Its possible that they lose to both Notre Dame and PC but then the sweep ME and MA and they are at 500 in the league (which was what I was talking about, sorry I didn't clarify that part of it).

As a note UVM was 1-1-1 against PC last season, likely the only team they outscored last season.

UVM lost all but 3 season series... 1 of those was against PC...

Anywho, keep posting Patman... it will make it that much sweeter at the end of the year.

May your forwards get a bad batch of sticks and may Hellebyck leave for the pros before the season starts...
                    1. I'm not Patman

2. Sweeping Maine at Alfond is hard even when the Black Bears are total garbage. They're better than Vermont this season, soooo...

3. Sweeping Amherst is probably very likely. They're just so bad it's almost not funny. Almost.

3. The sticks snap at such an exorbitant rate already that if it happened any more frequently I'd decry it as sorcery. And I think we're safe with Conor this year, but this off season is going to be very interesting.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

1. I'm not Patman

2. Sweeping Maine at Alfond is hard even when the Black Bears are total garbage. They're better than Vermont this season, soooo...

3. Sweeping Amherst is probably very likely. They're just so bad it's almost not funny. Almost.

3. The sticks snap at such an exorbitant rate already that if it happened any more frequently I'd decry it as sorcery. And I think we're safe with Conor this year, but this off season is going to be very interesting.

1.) sure, whatever you say... Patonrick

2.) stop doing so much crack, they got rid of Timmay. Its not like the found Nyquist's 3 twin brothers.

3.)It's sad too.... huge campus / rink.... and no one gives a rats arse about them. They need another star player to get some hype going

3.) Maybe you'll get lucky and they will sign Tim Thomas.

Comment

Boy Patrondick you sure got a major woody for UVM. You sure spend alot of time in our threads.

Much more than your own teams which I see you have not posted in since Mid-July but yet we
                        see you here again.

Common admit it you got a Team crush.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Anyone going to pick up their tickets? I'm thinking about it, I've always just got them in the mail previously. Is it worth it?

Comment

Cool forum. Who's amp'd for this season eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
                              Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
                                Huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X