Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
    The reality is it is a little bit of both, talent and coach. It is true you can't draw blood from a stone...if there is not talent then all the coaching in the world won't fix that. On the other hand, Division I college hockey in Hockey East is also above the level where you can just thrown the puck out there and assume that talent will carry the day. Coaches determine the best skills of their players and then develop schemes to maximize them. The staff, in my opinion, has done a great job of that defensively. Offensively, and on the power play, I don't think they've done well.
    Agreed but I find it a little disingenuous for the brother or cousin of the assistant coach come on here and defend him and blame it on the recruited talent. Lets see what "his" recruits do first and by the way Pollesello was his player in juniors and did nothing on the point and in fact led the team in minus. Those are facts. Ironic that Yale finally did something in the National Tournament when he finally wasn't there. Just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by PeterWallack
      interesting that Yale was brought into the conversation. All but two of the players on their championship team of this past season were personally recruited by Coach Wallack. Hopefully , you gentlemen will allow the coaching staff at UVM to do the same. I'm sure Coach Snedden had that in mind when they were hired. I'd be more than happy to send you gentlemen my e-mail address so you can send me your collegiate hockey resumes.
      Geez, and u thought the off season thread was going to be boring!
      Considering how close to to the season the new coaches were brought in, I thought things went about as we'll as possible. The thing that bothers me the most is how the coaches have to really play up the " All In" thing. What happened to playing for pride? Intensity can 't be coached. It should be there naturally. Hopefully this years recruits will have a different attitude and push the guys that need to be artificially pushed.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

. I'd be more than happy to send you gentlemen my e-mail address so you can send me your collegiate hockey resumes.
        You go ahead and post it on here.

Frankly, I agree with Martin St Louis Fan. The new AC's just got here, give them a chance to get some guys in here and have a full off season to work with players. That said, the power play sucks AND it is not because UVM just doesn't have the skill level. It's because it has been poorly coached.

Now PeterWallack, take the stick out of your ***, If you want to come on to this thread and make some enemies then many will be glad to oblige. If you would like to discuss hockey you may find that there is actually a fair amount of knowledge on here, especially concerning the players, the program, and yes even on possible improvements. Having a closed mind is the sign of having a weak mind.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Wow is a coach's dad/brother/cousin really coming on here to pick fights and be a jerk? Ha might have seen it all now. Another day, another excuse from UVM hockey. Pathetic just win some games and yes fix the power play it sucks!

Comment

I'm a proud supporter of the UVM hockey program, have been since the early 90's. I'm in section 21 with a gamer jersey on. Stop by love to talk about hockey with you! Looking forward to season already!

If you are concerned about my comments about player intensity. You should know that Coach Sneddon has made many comments about how this team needs to get back to being be a hard nosed, "Lunch Bucket" team.
            Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't have trouble finding you gentlemen, you'll be the ones with the brown bags over your heads,

P.S. Brown bags are not Eco-Friendly.
              I don't even know what this means?

Comment

Last time I read the first amendment we were all allowed freedom of speech....

rather then ironing out your dirty laundry amongth yourselves.
                Ummmm, never mind.

With all your great hockey intellect and knowledge maybe you could shed some light on who the untalented players are that are causing the lack of power play production, you know for all us ignorant folk.

Comment

interesting that Yale was brought into the conversation. All but two of the players on their championship team of this past season were personally recruited by Coach Wallack. Hopefully , you gentlemen will allow the coaching staff at UVM to do the same. I'm sure Coach Snedden had that in mind when they were hired. I'd be more than happy to send you gentlemen my e-mail address so you can send me your collegiate hockey resumes.
                  That statement is factually incorrect and takes very large liberties again. The "personally" recruited part is just not true. I personally know 5-6 players on that team that were not "personally" recruited by Kyle Wallack they were "personally" recruited by CJ Marotollo so lets give credit where credit it due. Again, what exactly happened in Indiana? It just seems so suspicious getting fired right before playoffs with a wining record. Please share as maybe it would help all of us hockey idiots understand where his true motivation lies and enhance or change our/my impression of his abilities.
                  Last edited by catmandoo; 07-18-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

*****http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/029/970/trainn.jpg?1260328965******

Comment

Pass the popcorn.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        Pass the popcorn.
                        True. I digressed. I just cant stand "spin" cowboys. Time to move on.

Comment

Last time I read the first amendment we were all allowed freedom of speech. Here it is July and you gentlemen have nothing positive to say about a program that you supposedly have some passion for.As far as I know the coaches all have offices on campus, all have phone numbers, all have e-mails, and you could also Skype them rather then ironing out your dirty laundry amongth yourselves.
                          Looking forward to seeing you all at the rink. Shouldn't have trouble finding you gentlemen, you'll be the ones with the brown bags over your heads, booing.
                          See you around the rink.

If your brother is half the tool you seem to be I have a very bad feeling for the future of our program.

If hes not like you than great for us but to bad for him as we only have to deal with you in this format.
                          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                            Again, what exactly happened in Indiana? It just seems so suspicious getting fired right before playoffs with a wining record. Please share as maybe it would help all of us hockey idiots understand where his true motivation lies and enhance or change our/my impression of his abilities.
                            I think we may be learning the answer here just reading PW's posts........
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Just posted...
                              Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSBNation 36s
                              Per @TedRyanVT of the @bfp_sports UVM F Mike Montagna (Oswego State) and D Blake Doerring (Ohio State) have transferred from program.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Looks like we are famous boys!

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/

Guess this what sparked it all!

Originally Posted by PeterWallack
                                Last time I read the first amendment we were all allowed freedom of speech. Here it is July and you gentlemen have nothing positive to say about a program that you supposedly have some passion for.As far as I know the coaches all have offices on campus, all have phone numbers, all have e-mails, and you could also Skype them rather then ironing out your dirty laundry amongth yourselves.
                                Looking forward to seeing you all at the rink. Shouldn't have trouble finding you gentlemen, you'll be the ones with the brown bags over your heads, booing.
                                See you around the rink.

Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X