Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2013-2014

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
    With Union's record, you can't risk losing any "easy" games by playing your backup goalie....That's just the way it is...the coach is trying not to get fired.
    Agreed. Further, Union did play their back-up goalie (Dahl). She started 2 games (5.8%), played in 7 of 34 games (21%) and played 268 minutes (13%).

Union didn't play their 3rd goalie (who was a Freshman) - like most DI teams - including Clarkson and UM (who redshirted a freshman, former Team USA goalie).

Comment

Originally posted by schnook View Post
      Now you're just grasping at straws and embarrassing yourself.

1. Far from being a late recruit, Claudia was after Emma from the first day she was allowed to be.
      Hmm, September 1 of Junior year? That is a "late recruit" these days, especially for a goalie. My guess is Union is "after" at least 10 goalies on September 1. Early recruits get contacted (and offers) Freshman year of high school - interest is conveyed through coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
        and....you sound a little clueless. Had you done your homework, and listened to what the coach was saying [rather than what you wanted to hear 'yippie, I'm being recruited by a D1 school']...then you would have realized that the coach was VERY happy with Lundy, and was really only looking for a backup goalie. Go back and look at the press release from last year...the coach talks about 'adding depth' not 'I found the answer in goal'.... Stats from JWHL not too impressive...I know, I know, the stats lie too.
        Lundy graduated quite some time ago. Talk about being clueless.

"Really only looking for a backup goalie"--we're back to square one in this conversation.

For the record, Pincott was generally considered one of the two top goalies in the JWHL in her two seasons as a starter. You seem to know better than the dozens of scouts and coaches who watched her play. OK, then.

While the JWHL is a good development and showcase entity, it is cash-strapped and has to rely on local volunteers (bless them all) to keep stats, some of whom know little about hockey and scorekeeping. Its computer program also has the delightful default of crediting a game to the goalie with the lowest roster number when no goalie is entered in the game sheet. If you put too much faith in its stats, you do so at your own risk. I guess that's why coaches and scouts actually go to the games and check the kids out.
        Last edited by schnook; 06-18-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnook View Post

For the record, Pincott was generally considered one of the two top goalies in the JWHL in her two seasons as a starter. You seem to know better than the dozens of scouts and coaches who watched her play. OK, then.

While the JWHL is a good development and showcase entity, it is cash-strapped and has to rely on local volunteers (bless them all) to keep stats, of whom know little about hockey and scorekeeping. Its computer program also has the delightful default of crediting a game to the goalie with the lowest roster number when no goalie is entered in the game sheet. If you put too much faith in its stats, you do so at your own risk. I guess that's why coaches and scouts actually go to the games and check the kids out.
          Shenae Lundberg the Jr graduated some time ago? Really!!
          ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

While the JWHL is a good development and showcase entity, it is cash-strapped and has to rely on local volunteers (bless them all) to keep stats, of whom know little about hockey and scorekeeping. Its computer program also has the delightful default of crediting a game to the goalie with the lowest roster number when no goalie is entered in the game sheet. If you put too much faith in its stats, you do so at your own risk. I guess that's why coaches and scouts actually go to the games and check the kids out.

Mom, please...stop embarrassing yourself and digging your hole even deeper.

The coaches lie...

Now it's the incompetent scorekeepers? [ALL of them??]

Lady, you need to go away, and fast. I feel sorry for your poor kid....makes me wonder if the Union coach maybe had enough of the helicopter parent goalie mom....

Whoosh.

Comment

lol

"Really only looking for a backup goalie"--we're back to square one in this conversation.
              because you're not objective and you're unable to look at what is pretty obvious based on a number of factors that you refuse to accept or acknowledge.

I seriously doubt you spoke to dozens of coaches or scouts (who by the way ARE coaches) who told you this. With names like (in no order) Rando, Hensley, Litchfield, Wilkes, Peters, Abbott, and Fischer in the league over those two years, it would be pretty un-objective to say that she was "generally considered" top two. Some coaches may certainly have felt that way, and I'd be willing to bet that more than a few had two others that they liked better from that list.

While the JWHL is a good development and showcase entity, it is cash-strapped and has to rely on local volunteers (bless them all) to keep stats, some of whom know little about hockey and scorekeeping. Its computer program also has the delightful default of crediting a game to the goalie with the lowest roster number when no goalie is entered in the game sheet. If you put too much faith in its stats, you do so at your own risk. I guess that's why coaches and scouts actually go to the games and check the kids out.
              When you feel like you have to defend poor stats by making excuses for them, in my book that means you know there are shortcomings you need to try and justify. JMO.

Comment

This has become dumb & dumber! Enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  Shenae Lundberg the Jr graduated some time ago? Really!!
                  Shenae Lundberg has another year, but Lundy Day graduated some time ago.
                  Last edited by schnook; 06-18-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                    lol

because you're not objective and you're unable to look at what is pretty obvious based on a number of factors that you refuse to accept or acknowledge.

You're objective and the judge of what is pretty obvious--gotcha.

I seriously doubt you spoke to dozens of coaches or scouts (who by the way ARE coaches) who told you this. With names like (in no order) Rando, Hensley, Litchfield, Wilkes, Peters, Abbott, and Fischer in the league over those two years, it would be pretty un-objective to say that she was "generally considered" top two. Some coaches may certainly have felt that way, and I'd be willing to bet that more than a few had two others that they liked better from that list.

Never said I did. The other goalies you mention were good, but I feel comfortable with the statement she was generally considered better than most of them--no disrespect intended to the girls in question and it is of course a matter of opinion.

When you feel like you have to defend poor stats by making excuses for them, in my book that means you know there are shortcomings you need to try and justify. JMO.
                    Huh? Where on god's green earth do you get the idea she had poor stats? I was simply saying that the stats for that league are not terrifically accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                      This has become dumb & dumber! Enough already.
                      I agree. We've made our two original points, repeatedly. Over and out.

Comment

I second that, lets move on

Comment

Shenae Lundberg has another year, but Lundy Day graduated some time ago.
                          That would have been your opportunity to pull a mea culpa. Defending that error just makes you look desperate. Time to move on.
                          ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                            That would have been your opportunity to pull a mea culpa. Defending that error just makes you look desperate. Time to move on.

Lundy Day?? Really mom, ***uddgie....Follow the bouncing ball...we are talking about the current starter, not some girl who graduated 4-5 years ago. I know you're Canadian but really...do try and pay attention.

Comment

Working...
                            X