Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread 2: Rock On, Amigo.

Yep. Agreed. NSFW, language:

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

* Kingdom Come. Thanks Ozzy & Gary:

And if we're going to get political:

Comment

Then you have straight to the point:

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Armadillo reminded me of this, and it's a decent album overall, IMO:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Totally forgot about that song. Also an instant classic in terms of political statements. And the band was all-black to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Totally forgot about that song. Also an instant classic in terms of political statements. And the band was all-black to boot.
              It kind of covered all the bases, which I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Reminds me of the very first Lolla with Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nine Inch Nails, Ice-T, Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band, Violent Femmes and Fishbone of the names I remember. Living was awesome that day.

Comment

Listening to Love & Rockets, Tones on Tail and Bauhaus. I assume some of you will know the connection.

Comment

Working on a coffee table book of the family trip to St Thomas (still) and on the front porch listening to all of the reggae on my iPod (as indexed by iTunes).

1134 songs on shuffle. Pretty decent collection.

Sad part is, I could listen to the entire list and still won't be done with this book. Tons of work, but my mom will flip when she gets it - so worth the effort.

Comment

Replaced my copies of:

Definitely Maybe: Oasis
                      Hail to the Thief: Radiohead
                      Absolution: Muse
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Daft Punk - Alive 2007

Comment

Joe Ely and Mink DeVille today.

Comment

A while back I asked for some input on R.E.M. and The Replacements, two bands who I never really gave much of chance back in the 80's-90's

so saturday I had time to listen to Hootenany, Pleased To Meet Me, Tim and Murmur

uhm. first off, Hootenany, what a weird record. I think this is why I didn't get into The Replacements back in the day...I didn't GET IT. however, I then listened to Tim and Pleased To Meet Me front to back for the first time and omfg @$%@$^^!!!!! great records all the way through, and the song Alex Chilton blew the door open for me. I hadn't heard it before and I've now listened to that song about 27,000x since saturday! holy ****. I can't wait to delve into the rest of the catalog.

R.E.M's Murmur is pretty astounding as well. Great song after great song after great song.

what I really noticed about both bands is the bass player's, I had no idea Mike Mills and Tommy Stinson were as great a players as they are.

so there you have it. holes in my record collection filling up nicely!
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

When Hootenanny was recorded, Tommy Stinson was probably 15 or 16 years old.

Hootenanny's a great record in its own right. Give it a few more listens. Within Your Reach is one of the best things they ever recorded.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue

I forgot this was actually pretty solid. It's no Dirt or Jar of Flies, but it's more consistent than Facelift or the self-titled.

Comment

Working...
                                X