Hockey support in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Are all these Minnesota schools being talked about part of the Minnesota Public University system?
    Nope.

Comment

Re: Hockey support in Georgia

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Nope.
      Which one isn't part of the public system, that doesn't use Minnesota tax payer money for buildings on campus?

Comment

Which one isn't part of the public system, that doesn't use Minnesota tax payer money for buildings on campus?
        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Public+Universities+in+Minnesota

Comment

So all the Universities you have been talking about UMD, SCSU, Mankato and BSU are all Minnesota public Universities. When I asked if all the teams being discussed were Minnesota public Universities, you said no. All the schools you want UW to schedule and "save" are all public Universities in Minnesota. Am I correct so far?

Comment

I like southern bells a Georgia Peach.

Comment

So all the Universities you have been talking about UMD, SCSU, Mankato and BSU are all Minnesota public Universities. When I asked if all the teams being discussed were Minnesota public Universities, you said no. All the schools you want UW to schedule and "save" are all public Universities in Minnesota. Am I correct so far?
              Who said anything about saving a university? I don't think any of the universities that have been discussed here are in jeopardy of closing.

Get to your point so I can rip it apart because I know where you're going and you're missing the point.

Comment

Who said anything about saving a university? I don't think any of the universities that have been discussed here are in jeopardy of closing.

Get to your point so I can rip it apart because I know where you're going and you're missing the point.
                Hahaha, my point is why would a Wisconsin University hockey team care about taking care of a hockey team that is part of the Minnesota public University system? Why would they waste money on traveling to Bemidji or Mankato when there is no return for it?

Comment

They are giving up 2 home games a year and are sharing that revenue with the other schools every year. Then traveling to the school not involved every year so that they can collect the gate revenue. So, each of these schools will see revenue from playing the Gophers each and every year.

Try and keep up
                  Trying to keep up.

Looks like Bemidji will travel to the Mooch twice every 4 years while Minny will go there once.

I don't have a degree from Purdue, but that looks a lot like 2:1 with the Minnesota Bean Pot thrown in.

So generous of Minny. I betcha they looked at the numbers and the Minny BP will generate enough revenue across the state that they really won't be losing much.

It also makes sense for the Gophers to play in those places as the state is still their main recruiting area.

It's essentially 2:1 with a tourney thrown in that benefits everyone.
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ-JX...outu.be&t=1m7s

You know what? I just realized that I forgot how to embed with a custom start time.
                    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-20-2013, 02:00 PM.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Trying to keep up.

Looks like Bemidji will travel to the Mooch twice every 4 years while Minny will go there once.

I don't have a degree from Purdue, but that looks a lot like 2:1 with the Minnesota Bean Pot thrown in.

So generous of Minny. I betcha they looked at the numbers and the Minny BP will generate enough revenue across the state that they really won't be losing much.

It also makes sense for the Gophers to play in those places as the state is still their main recruiting area.

It's essentially 2:1 with a tourney thrown in that benefits everyone.
                      The MN Cup is a very big distinction. Revenue will be split equally. That means BSU will get revenue for games played against the Gophers every year. They are also guaranteed to play the Gophers each and every year. Whereas with a 2:1 they will only get revenue every third year.

And if you're suggesting UW doesn't consider Minnesota to be among their prime recruiting areas, I may have a bridge to sell you
                      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-20-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Re: Hockey support in Georgia

Again, not up on Minny scheduling, but what are they doing for old conference mates MTU, UAA, and UNO?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Again, not up on Minny scheduling, but what are they doing for old conference mates MTU, UAA, and UNO?
                          Who?
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            What is Wisconsin doing for those schools?

Not asking Wisconsin to help out every single small school that remains in the WCHA either. Which small schools is Wisconsin giving better than a 2:1 deal to?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              And you're really reaching a new depth of troll-i-tude if you think that whether UW plays a non-conference game against the Mavericks, Beavers or Huskies is going to be what makes or breaks our recruiting outside of the Twin Cities. I can only imagine what that recruiting conversation would be like. "Okay, listen. I've seen your facilities, been to the Kohl Center for a game, and I've considered your track record as a coach and as a developer of talent for the next level... but you just don't play Bemidji State enough for me to want to play here."
                              Imagine how well the schools who recruit "overage Canadians" would be doing with their Canadian recruiting if they actually played a game up there. If the Huskies, for example, were the be-all, end-all for a recruit, the kid would become a Husky. If he's looking at Wisco, then he's looking down at the Huskies, and why would he want to play against them? Recruits want to play the toughest schedule, not the local teams. In this digital age, recruits know all the teams quite well. If "local" is a consideration, it is in choosing the school to play for, not the schools to play against.
                              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              If some kid is sitting in the stands in Bemidji, they're there as a fan of the Beaver and if anything, will hate us after we pound it for two nights in a row.

So nice to see two threads that have nothing at all to do with the Gophers get sidetracked once again by clown boy. What about the pep band thread? How will Mankato's pep band survive if the Badgers don't travel to Mankato every once in a while?
                              Not quite 1:1, but better than 2:1. Minnesota is giving up two of their annual 20 home games to play in the MN Cup, where revenue will be split. Other MN schools will rotate out of MN Cup (3/4 will play in it each year). Minnesota will travel to the team who doesn't play in the MN Cup each year, and then host two of the participating schools each year.
                              Help me with my math here: In a four-year period, the Exalted University of Minnesota will host each of these schools twice, and travel to each of these schools once. That's 2:1, or maybe you can't count with your thumb up your .... And I love the nonsense about "2 of their 20 home games..." Proof again that the Exalted University of Minnesota is a home date hog, demanding 59% (20 of 34 in a non-Ice Breaker year) be played in the friendly confines of their home arena.
                              Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              ...and now back to the normal hijacking of threads having nothing to do with them by minny/(fyp) fans...
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                Imagine how well the schools who recruit "overage Canadians" would be doing with their Canadian recruiting if they actually played a game up there. If the Huskies, for example, were the be-all, end-all for a recruit, the kid would become a Husky. If he's looking at Wisco, then he's looking down at the Huskies, and why would he want to play against them? Recruits want to play the toughest schedule, not the local teams. In this digital age, recruits know all the teams quite well. If "local" is a consideration, it is in choosing the school to play for, not the schools to play against.Help me with my math here: In a four-year period, the Exalted University of Minnesota will host each of these schools twice, and travel to each of these schools once. That's 2:1, or maybe you can't count with your thumb up your .... And I love the nonsense about "2 of their 20 home games..." Proof again that the Exalted University of Minnesota is a home date hog, demanding 59% (20 of 34 in a non-Ice Breaker year) be played in the friendly confines of their home arena.
                                One of these days I will run into someone who actually reads and comprehends posts before replying.

I said UW's reduced presence in Minnesofa will diminish UW's capacity to recruit in Minnesota, not eliminate it.

Not sure how much simpler I can word it, so I'd ask for remedial reading help if you still have questions.

And each of the MN schools will get revenue from games played against Minnesota every year. Minnesota gave up two home games to make that happen. The hockey-related revenue is what is important to these programs. Especially a program like BSU that built a new arena to comply with requirements to join the WCHA, but is now left with the bill and a diminished quality of a schedule post shake-up.

Get it? This isn't about the Gophers or chest pounding about programs. It's about keeping small programs a float.
                                Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X