• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2013 New England Patriots

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Not a fan of the Patriots or BB ...
    Still rooting for the Alouettes?
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Nose tackle is basically there to take up space, and not be moved. 400 pounds accomplishes that.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Nose tackle is basically there to take up space, and not be moved. 400 pounds accomplishes that.
        It takes more than that, rufus. And coming off the Achilles' injury, Wilfork is unlikely to be able to provide it.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Nice to see the Wilfork situation resolved.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Glad I didn't go to the game. It was such an awful game to watch and not worth the money and effort to go. They won but they looked awful on offense and looked out of sync still and they need to change things around. The pace was brutal and the play calling awful by whoever is OC, McDaniels ?? The clock management and sense of urgency not there in that last drive before the 1st half and only got a FG.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Nice to see the Wilfork situation resolved.
              Right, they needed a DB with quick feet. His int closed out the game!

Comment

Saw this on the tweeter machine:

Every single point in this game was scored by a "-kowski."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  Glad I didn't go to the game. It was such an awful game to watch and not worth the money and effort to go. They won but they looked awful on offense and looked out of sync still and they need to change things around. The pace was brutal and the play calling awful by whoever is OC, McDaniels ?? The clock management and sense of urgency not there in that last drive before the 1st half and only got a FG.
                  If the first 3 games are any indication Brady should heed his own words, he sucks, so retire. I know the line isn't helping but even when he has time the throws are all over the place.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    If the first 3 games are any indication Brady should heed his own words, he sucks, so retire. I know the line isn't helping but even when he has time the throws are all over the place.
                    I think if McDaniels is the OC calling the plays, he is at fault too, then BB for not making changes or adjustments. The only time he scrambled and not took a sack was at the end of the game and actually completed the pass. He needs to do this more and just do the slide if he will be tackled to avoid injury.

Why is Edelman the only receiver he trusts and can get any separation? Either that T. Brady is off the mark on his throws. He can't seem to hit the long passes anymore with any accuracy.

IMO, if he went with a no huddle, they usually seem to be more in sync and rhythm and move the ball better. It gives the D no time to substitute and gets the D gassed. They don't have to go no huddle all the time, but at times they should when the offense is sucking badly. The raiders should have won today and were helped by that penalty.

Right now, it seems LaFell, Amendola, Gronk, and everyone else can't get open enough and trading Mankins is an excuse for Brady not to have enough time or not playing well.
                    Last edited by BCeagle; 09-21-2014, 07:19 PM.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      BTW, Walrus, I fell asleep during the Maine / BC football game. I was hoping to see more BC passing to work on the air game but they chewed up the ground again with over 400 yards.

Comment

BTW, Walrus, I fell asleep during the Maine / BC football game. I was hoping to see more BC passing to work on the air game but they chewed up the ground again with over 400 yards.
                        Last years Maine team would have given BC a game, this years has a first year qb who may be good in a few years but right now, Maine isn't going to compete with any one

Comment

BC would be throwing the ball just for the sake of throwing it. They have no one that can catch it.

Patriots... winning ugly better than losing. This D is making things happen. Patience all.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I'm glad some of the blame is getting spread around for once. I'm not watching film of the game but I have a hard time believing that LaFell and Amondola, who both caught a lot of passes from far worse QB's on other teams, suddenly forgot how to get open. Brady NEEDS to find these guys or the OC needs to draw up plays where they're the primary target. Never liked McDaniels as a half way decent pass rush shuts down his entire offense.

I also agree with that that Raiders D-lineman (Smith?) was saying, which is the Pats O-line was never that great to begin with and he used the Giants SB games as an example. That's spot on, and that's on Belichick to get the right players.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I just feel the organization from the Jonathan Kraft to BB has shortchanged the team with their personnel decisions and reasons not to use their draft picks to select quality players and pay them. They always trade down or trade away their picks and when it's time to resign someone they rather let him go and pay someone less. Who among the WR that they drafted has come through or shown any talent in the last 2 years ? They just let Mankins go because he wouldn't re-structure his salary for the team. Are they sandbagging or is McDaniels just really bad calling the offense ? I think season ticket holders feel cheated for their money.

Comment

The Pats looked great last night, Belichek is a genius . Brady wasn't great last year and it appears this is his last season in New England. Once again the O line sucked but so did Brady. I thought the D was going to be much improved but sure didn't look that way last night. Browner should help as Ryan doesn't seem to be a full time CB. They could trade away draft picks and not pay free agents as long as Brady could carry the team, those days are over

Comment

Working...
                                X