Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

*sigh*

Maybe they'll be better on the road?
    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
    sigpic
    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
      *sigh*

Maybe they'll be better on the road?
      can they be worse?

Segura day-to-day.

Comment

Braun is back in the lineup. So now they're only down a 1B, 3B and SS.

Aoki 9
        Gomez 8
        Braun 7
        Weeks 4
        Luc 2
        Gonzalez 6
        Maldy 3
        Yuni 5
        Estrada

Comment

... and Braun already has 2 hits today. apparently both his necks have recovered.

Comment

The bearded Canadian comes in and saves a game!

Not him, the other one. Henderson gets the save after getting out of the inning with the bases loaded.

So... maybe it' not just Axford? (Well, part of it is but hear me out). Maybe we need a new pitching coach? Or at least a "late reliever" pitching coach? Can we hire away Trevor Hoffman from his cushy Padres job?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Narveson on the 15 day DL with a sprained finger, Blake Lalli called up.

On the bright side, Estrada had a good outing.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              So... maybe it' not just Axford? (Well, part of it is but hear me out). Maybe we need a new pitching coach? Or at least a "late reliever" pitching coach? Can we hire away Trevor Hoffman from his cushy Padres job?
              The Brewers fired their bullpen coach last year, and they're having many of the same problems this year. It's easy to point the finger at Axford, but nobody has been outstanding. They can't possibly be overworked yet, can they? The starting pitching hasn't been that good, either.

Comment

Henderson to close for Brewers. That was the news before the game. Unfortunately, that means Axford is still on the team and available to pitch. And pitch he did this evening. Ouch. Brewers didn't do much after scoring 3 in the 2nd, but it still felt like they deserved to win until the bullpen blew it again. Peralta pitched well.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Comment

Well, the first half of that game was close at least. Wainright owns the Brewers and the Cards own Gallardo (will be 1-10 after today vs them), so to be in a 1-0 game in the 6th was promising. Emphasis on the 'was'. The Crew need to get this ship straightened out soon before it's too late.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Comment

The 'hits' just keep on coming.

Yo gets a DUI. Scheduled to pitch Thursday; no word on if that will still happen.

Link
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Comment

Yo gets a DUI. Scheduled to pitch Thursday; no word on if that will still happen.

Link
                      ****it ****
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Link
                        Sure seems like it should. Despite the .22 BAC, he had a clean record and supposedly that's only about an $800 fine in Wisconsin. There is always the possibility that he needs to be in court on a given day but I don't see it preventing him from pitching on Thursday at home...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Sure seems like it should. Despite the .22 BAC, he had a clean record and supposedly that's only about an $800 fine in Wisconsin. There is always the possibility that he needs to be in court on a given day but I don't see it preventing him from pitching on Thursday at home...
                          I don't know...I have zero tolerance for things like this. I would like the see the team step in and suspend him for his sheer stupidity if nothing else. First offense shouldn't matter, IMO; it only takes once to end someone's life.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Comment

I don't know...I have zero tolerance for things like this. I would like the see the team step in and suspend him for his sheer stupidity if nothing else. First offense shouldn't matter, IMO; it only takes once to end someone's life.
                            I wasn't talking about the team, I was talking about Wisconsin law...yes it was stupid, there should be zero tolerance on this.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I agree with you. Both the team and the court of law should not take this lightly, although we know they kind of will.

That said, how shocked can we be that the Brewers produced a pitcher full of beer? (Oh man, I wish I could take credit for that one)
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I wasn't talking about the team, I was talking about Wisconsin law...yes it was stupid, there should be zero tolerance on this.
                                You're right, WI law is ridiculously lax on DUI's. I know there have been recent efforts to toughen the laws, but there is too much resistance. Why? I have no idea.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Comment

Working...
                                X