Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Well, the family and I are in Brookfield and will be at tonight's game. They've never been to a MLB game and I haven't been to a Brewer game since '97. First trip to Miller Park. The Brew Crew are 0-4 in my previous times in attendance. So my expectations for the game are low. Just going to enjoy the experience at the ballpark.

Comment

• Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

I'm not sure what to do with this team. I knew from the outset that the starting rotation wouldn't hold up to the rigors of a full major league season, though I didn't think they would fall apart this fast. Injuries on offense have played a role too, but they still seem to be scoring a decent amount of runs more often than not (the spate of recent 2-1 losses aside). If anything, I'd argue that Melvin needs to go for fraudulently selling us this starting rotation. Then again, there's only so much he can do with our budget. I guess just wait for everyone to get healthy and try again next year. At least we'll have a decent draft pick.
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        I'm not sure what to do with this team. I knew from the outset that the starting rotation wouldn't hold up to the rigors of a full major league season, though I didn't think they would fall apart this fast. Injuries on offense have played a role too, but they still seem to be scoring a decent amount of runs more often than not (the spate of recent 2-1 losses aside). If anything, I'd argue that Melvin needs to go for fraudulently selling us this starting rotation. Then again, there's only so much he can do with our budget. I guess just wait for everyone to get healthy and try again next year. At least we'll have a decent draft pick.
        I agree, I think we all knew the rotation would struggle - but I also didn't think it was going to be THIS bad - and that it would be ALL of them.

The offense hasn't been that bad, especially considering the number of injuries. They're pretty much set for the next few years at every position, except, potentially, first base (re-sign Hart? let him go? obviously they can't trade him now) They'll need a new third baseman eventually, but they really need to focus on developing some pitching for the future. I'm not sure the answer is trading Yo - but I guess it depends what we get for him. I don't see anyone in the bullpen that's worth keeping, long-term (even though they've been good), so if they trade a bunch of them, so be it. But Yo was supposed to be the guy to anchor the entire staff.

I have faith in Doug Melvin. There wasn't a lot to work with to improve the starting rotation - they did the one thing they could do in getting Lohse.

my mom commented that if Braun ends up being suspended.. it's not a bad year for it to happen.

Comment

Plays like the one Carlos Gomez made last night to end the game are why I keep watching.

Braun expected to start tonight.

Comment

WOW!! What an exciting finish and a great time had by all. Plus I improve my record to 1-4 when in attendance at a Brewer game. Just might have to come back some day.

Comment

I must admit that I was totally wrong on Gomez. I didn't like the extension that the Brewers gave him but he is certainly earning it this year. I'm glad it finally 'clicked' for him.
              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
              sigpic
              Donate

Comment

Holy Wily Peralta.

Now let's get Hellweg's ERA to single digits.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  Now let's get Hellweg's ERA to single digits.
                  or not.
                  and he got sent down so he can get some starts over the break.

Comment

Gindl up for Hellweg, Khris Davis up for Braun, who was placed on the bereavement list.

Comment

Gindl up for Hellweg, Khris Davis up for Braun, who was placed on the bereavement list.
                      At this point, it is almost comical who we're throwing out there. Some of these names I have heard over the years such as Gennet and Gindl, but Halton? Khris Davis? Automatic deduction in my book for spelling Chris with a Kh, btw. I can't help but think of Major League, "Who the *bleep* are these guys?" I take responsibility for the loss last night. We were up 3-0 when I tuned in and the rest was history.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Comment

At this point, it is almost comical who we're throwing out there. Some of these names I have heard over the years such as Gennet and Gindl, but Halton? Khris Davis? Automatic deduction in my book for spelling Chris with a Kh, btw. I can't help but think of Major League, "Who the *bleep* are these guys?" I take responsibility for the loss last night. We were up 3-0 when I tuned in and the rest was history.
                        Khris Davis had an amazing Spring Training and started the season with the Brewers, so I've heard of him. Hadn't heard of Halton before his callup, though.

Eight guys have made their MLB debuts this season. Only the Cardinals had more, with 9 (and they're actually good). The Mariners have also had 8.

Comment

Good. Thought it was me as I tuned in right before the triple to left center...

Comment

Khris Davis had an amazing Spring Training and started the season with the Brewers, so I've heard of him. Hadn't heard of Halton before his callup, though.

Eight guys have made their MLB debuts this season. Only the Cardinals had more, with 9 (and they're actually good). The Mariners have also had 8.
                            Yeah, spring training baseball does not exist to me. It's still college hockey season at that point and baseball is a non-entity at that point in time. It's sad that we're wasting great seasons by Segura and Gomez. Toss in Aoki, an oft-injured Braun, and a hobbling Ramirez and we should be winning more games than this. Unfortunately, we can't hit in the top and bottom of every inning.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Comment

First sweep since April. Yes, it was the Marlins.. but they didn't sweep them last time.

Comment

Non-shocker of the year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/216496651.html

Major League Baseball has suspended Brewers leftfielder Ryan Braun without pay for the remainder of the 2013 season and he has accepted the penalty, meaning he was caught red-handed either buying and/or using performance-enhancing drugs.

The suspension takes place immediately, so Braun will be suspended for the final 65 games of the season, beginning with the Brewers' game Monday night at Miller Park against San Diego. The sanction came as a result of MLB's investigatiion into the infamous Biogenesis clinic, which was exposed as having sold PEDs to players after documents were released to various news agencies earlier this year.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X