Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

I thought the Sounds were happy with Milwaukee, but apparently not. Pretty s**tty how they didn't tell the Brewers they wanted a different affiliate until after the affiliation window opened. And the A's moved in pretty fast.

Looking at the AAA affiliations, why is it not a big deal that MLB teams have no problem stashing their MiLB players halfway across the country yet NHL teams want their AHL affiliate across the parking lot from them?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I thought the Sounds were happy with Milwaukee, but apparently not. Pretty s**tty how they didn't tell the Brewers they wanted a different affiliate until after the affiliation window opened. And the A's moved in pretty fast.

Looking at the AAA affiliations, why is it not a big deal that MLB teams have no problem stashing their MiLB players halfway across the country yet NHL teams want their AHL affiliate across the parking lot from them?
      Nashville is opening a new stadium and they wanted a different team (new look) to go along with it. You'd think opening a new stadium would sell tickets on it's own and you wouldn't have to have a new team come in to help with ticket sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        That is odd. I'm surprised most teams don't have AA and AAA teams within a reasonable distance from the parent club. As far back as I can remember, the Tigers have had their AAA team in either Evansville, Indiana or in Toledo.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers - Cheaters, Underachievers and Disappointments Oh My!

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          That is odd. I'm surprised most teams don't have AA and AAA teams within a reasonable distance from the parent club. As far back as I can remember, the Tigers have had their AAA team in either Evansville, Indiana or in Toledo.
          I feel like some of it is trying to make various places be fans of the parent club. If you spend 5-6 years in Indianapolis, Nashville, New Orleans....maybe you create a group of fans in each town that ultimately follow the Brewers or Tigers.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Perhaps. But from what I've observed from going to a few Toledo Mud Hens games over the years (limited sample size disclaimer goes here), I've found that most fans I've seen and talked to watch their team. The Mud Hens. Very, very few Tiger hats or other Tiger memorabilia. Mud Hens stuff coming out your ears. And we're only roughly 40-50 miles from Comerica Park.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

@%)(*&@#)(%*@#(*&!@$

Jonathan Broxton just pulled a Francisco Rodriguez and gave up a three run HR to let the Pirates take the lead 3-2 in the bottom of the eighth and wipe out a gem of a game from Gallardo.

As of tonight, starting pitchers figured their * out and had a combined 1.53 ERA in the last nine games. The bullpen on the other hand...

*banghead*

Is Broxton still getting part of his paycheck from Cincinnati? Second night in a row he's blown the lead.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Was all that drama last night carry over from a previous event or simply hitting cutch twice?
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Was all that drama last night carry over from a previous event or simply hitting cutch twice?
                  No carryover. Loved Garza's post-game interview. Hitting McCutchen on purpose when he had him 0-2 with 2 outs, runners on, in a game that matters? Seriously? Who is he, Kirk Gibson?

Comment

not.. quite... dead.. yet

Comment

One more win and they're guaranteed a winning season. Success.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                        Meh. 51-33 on June 30th. 30-44 since. Ugh.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

It's kinda weird how it happened but the Brewers were expected to be about .500 going into the season and their actual record isn't that far off.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                            Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            Meh. 51-33 on June 30th. 30-44 since. Ugh.

I took the first post as sarcasm.

Any way you look at it, this season is a huge FAIL. Don't care that they were in first for however long. Doesn't mean anything and as a club we're way past the time where finishing with a winning record was worth anything.

Simply split those games during the streak and you're in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              not.. quite... dead.. yet

Flopping around on the ground with a severed neck though...

Comment

IDK, my expectation was a .500 season and that's about what we got with a little bit of variance thrown in. The rotation is pretty mediocre as expected, as was the relief crew as a whole. The offense saw some great play out of Lucroy and Gomez (at least earlier on) but as a whole the offense was pretty much middle of the pack for the MLB/NL.

Obviously it's hard to ignore the timing/sequencing of how the season unfolded but it pretty much all evened out to what I expected before the season. I can see why you'd think it's been a huge disappointment though.

Comment

Working...
                                X