Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Toughest schedule eva.

Also **** BTN for having unknown dates for games. You know how much it is a pain in the *** for people like me who make and print out the schedules? Gotta leave a 3/ for the ohio game and then have to the do sloppy % sign to note one of the minnesota games is a "Wildcard game".
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Michigan's schedule is awesome. I bet the Wolverines could go .500 and still end up in the top 4 in PWR with that OCC. Jealous.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

We knew this but we've got another goalie...

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...061013aaa.html
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Not sure which RIT v AFA games you went to, but this game will be at BCA and not Ritter. So if you haven't been there, it's usually a fun time.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          The haters will just see 5 away games vs. 7 home and 2 GLI that they will call home games. So 5 away, 9 home, haters will continue to hate.

As for RIT, I should extend his ban to away games. We already went to a pair of games at RIT a couple years ago (vs. Air Force). I'm more excited to get to new rinks..and with the UNH games soon after, I'll probably skip RIT. Unless boyfriend really wants to go, and will pay for the trip (then maybe I'll even let him wear my RIT jersey).
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            Not sure which RIT v AFA games you went to, but this game will be at BCA and not Ritter. So if you haven't been there, it's usually a fun time.
            I think she knows that. And she has more fun touring the country following Michigan (and other teams) than most people I know.

Comment

Pretty good a team.

Comment

The Wings are getting a new rink, I think that this opens the door to the discussion about bringing the B1G TEN HOCKEY tournament to Detroit on a alternating basis with St. Paul/ maybe Indiaapolis (or thereabouts)/ Detroit. Additionally, what are people's ideas about it being in Pittsburgh?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...strict-Detroit
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  The Wings are getting a new rink, I think that this opens the door to the discussion about bringing the B1G TEN HOCKEY tournament to Detroit on a alternating basis with St. Paul/ maybe Indiaapolis (or thereabouts)/ Detroit. Additionally, what are people's ideas about it being in Pittsburgh?

After its all said and done St.Paul will likely be the final home of BiG hockey.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

It's already on a rotating basis between St. Paul and Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                      It's already on a rotating basis between St. Paul and Detroit.
                      Detroit may have a difficult time keeping up on the first year numbers in St Paul. The gophs should have a good team again this year.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Detroit may have a difficult time keeping up on the first year numbers in St Paul. The gophs should have a good team again this year.
                        It will be interesting with the total change of flavor of the tournament, and the locations. For one, it was reasonably well attended when both state schools got in- but not so much other wise. The other, I don't know enough to just say that there's only one local team, and only one neighboring state that has a big rivalry left.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          It will be interesting with the total change of flavor of the tournament, and the locations. For one, it was reasonably well attended when both state schools got in- but not so much other wise. The other, I don't know enough to just say that there's only one local team, and only one neighboring state that has a big rivalry left.

We'll see.
                          The old wcha was attended pretty well in any case. There were a handful of other MN schools and UND that all travelled very well. But yeah. In the B1G, all bets are off if local schools don't make it.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            The old wcha was attended pretty well in any case. There were a handful of other MN schools and UND that all travelled very well. But yeah. In the B1G, all bets are off if local schools don't make it.
                            Well, we know the answer to that- they do make it. Everyone does.

Will that + having familiar opponets make it more inviting? I can say that OSU doesn't add much without MSU or UM. But all 3 + PSU, Wisco, and Minny- i don't know how that will be taken. And will that make up for the lack of UND in St.Paul? It's going to be interesting to see.

I will suggest not to pay attention to the first times in each place *too* much- being new, and being B1G.... Give it to year's 5 and 6 to see how this really works out.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Well, we know the answer to that- they do make it. Everyone does.

Will that + having familiar opponets make it more inviting? I can say that OSU doesn't add much without MSU or UM. But all 3 + PSU, Wisco, and Minny- i don't know how that will be taken. And will that make up for the lack of UND in St.Paul? It's going to be interesting to see.

I will suggest not to pay attention to the first times in each place *too* much- being new, and being B1G.... Give it to year's 5 and 6 to see how this really works out.
                              Yep. I think schools travel as schools travel. The variables will be 1) do B1G schools get better nationally as a group and 2) to what extent do these teams see the host of other B1G teams as natural rivals. That will drive the locals to come out of the woodwork and determine that 5 year out picture.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Ok, he graduated 8 years ago but he's still my personal all-time favorite Wolverine Hockey player. Certainly not the best hockey player but he is just really a nice guy. Still remember after he scored his first NHL goal for Calgary several years ago, I shot him a congratulatory text. He replied within 30 minutes! We're not even that close or anything, more like acquaintances but I follow the career of Erik Nystrom pretty closely. Well, it seems he's moving on again. Now he's going to his 4th team but he actually received a 4-year deal this time. It's gonna be hard for me personally because I've never liked Nashville but Ny is now a Predator...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=676702

Comment

Working...
                                X